Friday, July 12, 2019

July 12, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water, 5 Ounce Cans (Pack of 48)

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water, 5 Ounce Cans (Pack of 48)

I buy tuna in packs like this for my cat. However, he's kind of an a-hole. He'll eat it straight from the can. But eats from the middle and then the tuna gets stuck on the sides of the can. As he's trying to get the tuna out, that means he's shuffling the can around, and inevitably, it ends up in the dog's bowl. So, overall dog and cat approved.

A great source of affordable protein and Omega 3 fatty acids. It's at a more affordable price than the same can of tuna that you'd get at the grocery store. I live in a city where groceries are rather expensive but I'm still able to enjoy all the wonders of canned tuna thanks to amazon. I eat 2 cans a week since that's what a cursory internet search says is safe to eat (due to mercury) so this 8 pack is perfect for a subscribe and save subscription sent once a month.

I enjoy a mixture of this tuna, organic celery seed and a little La Orden's lime mayonnaise spread on some Private Selection bread with flax seed & fiber., The packaging is very convenient for a single person: both the can size and number or cans (8); The price makes it possible to eat tuna regularly to help stay healty..

Tuna is a major part of my diet, so I chose this type (chunk light) due to it's lower mercury levels compared to larger species of tuna. This species is also a little "fishier" smelling, but that's part of the trade-off. I used to enjoy Genova tuna in olive oil, but it costs double in comparison. What i've been doing is draining it with a tuna press, and adding my own, better quality olive oil... this has been saving me alot of money, while giving me a cheaper, better quality product. Based on these factors, I'd recommend this tuna. Your mileage may vary, if your priorities are different, ie: sustainability, fishing methods, type of tuna used, etc... For me, it's about an inexpensive, healthy source of protein eaten almost daily.

As canned tuna goes, it's hard to find a better brand then Starkist. I've been eating this canned fish since before I knew there was fresh fish. Tuna fish hot dish (Cream of Mushroom, Plain Chips, and a can of Tuna) was a weekly staple in my house growing up. When you need a fast flavorless protein to slap on a cracker, you have your winner.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • StarKist is 100% committed to Dolphin Safe fishing methods.
  • Good source of protein (tuna is a naturally high-protein food)
  • Add variety to your diet with tuna - it's a great way to incorporate seafood in your meals if you prefer a mild flavor
  • A versatile and easy way to liven up a meal - use in cool salads or hot casseroles.
  • An affordable and delicious option for a quick snack, lunch or dinner

Description

StarKist is America's favorite tuna — Look for our delicious flavor fresh pouch and canned varieties. From your favorite traditional recipes to exciting new meal solutions, when you buy StarKist,you know you're buying the best.



I really like tuna. This is tuna. Some of the cans are full of mush (making draining without losing much of the fish a challenge), but a strong majority are not. This is in contrast with Bumblebee (only ever mush in my experience) and my store's brand (usually not mush, but too often mush), leading me to prefer this brand when the cost difference isn't an issue.

Feeding tuna to your cat is not recommended. A little now and then is okay, and they really like it, but cats are fairly often allergic to fish, and replacing much of your cat's normal food with fish can result in fatal nutritional deficiencies.

When I ordered this 8-pack, the price was $7.18. A month later, it's nearly $15, making this tuna waaaay more expensive than a brick-and-mortar store. I have no issues with the quality. It's your basic McStarKist tuna.

I'll buy another pack when the price approaches sanity again.

This is my favorite tuna. I have tried other brands but I always come back to Starkist. I don’t like biting into a tuna salad or sandwich and finding little hard pieces that seem like bits of fish bones or cartilage and I haven’t had that issue with this brand. I have had that problem with other brands.

The tuna is great and my cat thanks you! I was more impressed with Amazon after the original order never showed up and they had this here the day after the reorder! Love them.

This was a good purchase and I have enjoyed.It. I always order in water and this is a very satisfying product. It provides the best for this type of product.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site