Monday, July 15, 2019

July 15, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

HyperX Cloud Flight - Wireless Gaming Headset, with Long Lasting Battery Up to 30 hours of Use, Detachable Noise Cancelling Microphone, Red LED Light, Bass, Comfortable Memory Foam, PS4, PC, PS4 Pro

HyperX Cloud Flight - Wireless Gaming Headset, with Long Lasting Battery Up to 30 hours of Use, Detachable Noise Cancelling Microphone, Red LED Light, Bass, Comfortable Memory Foam, PS4, PC, PS4 Pro

Shipping: I ordered these with the expectation of receiving them about 5 or 6 days later. I ended up receiving them 2 days later. This was a nice little unexpected bonus!

Price: $159.99 for a legit wireless set is a pretty good deal. SteelSeries is still trying to sell their wireless Siberia model for $255.99. The number of cheap wireless Logitech sets may tempt you, but the reported poor sound quality and horrible battery life should deter you.

Packaging: As always, the packaging from HyperX is clean and minimalistic. You get everything in one nice little box. I observed no damage or indents to the box upon opening.

Product Appearance: Mostly black, which I like. Has the option for a minimal lighting effect, which can be turned off to save battery life. I enjoy the matte finish as opposed to the high gloss of some headsets. Appearance is always something that HyperX gets right.

Sound Quality: You need to keep in mind that this headset is wireless. That means you will be able to tell the difference if you are used to playing games while wearing $400 top of the line wired sets. But for me, a normal dude who isn’t a sound technician, these have great sound quality. I have mostly used them for playing FPS (Fortnite, Overwatch) and also watched 2 movies while wearing them. The sound quality feels the same as my wired HyperX set.

Microphone Quality: My friends have no complaints about my volume or voice quality while in calls together. Big bonus points for the fact that the mic is detachable. You may not like this option if you are prone to losing small objects. But I personally like taking the mic out.

Battery: I have about 25 hours on these bad boys and have not charged. Of course I have had the red lights turned off. Maybe I should have waited for them to die before writing this part of the review? Sorry about that.

Range: I can head to the kitchen for a fresh Crispy Boy or go into the bathroom with these on and have no disconnection issues. I have not tested further than about 30 yards.

Feel & Comfort: Much more comfortable that my Cloud2 set. Even with glasses, they are still very comfortable, which is the main problem I have with most gaming headsets. Light weight but still snug. No annoyance or irritation after a long gaming session.

Features: Most notable feature to me is the volume control on the set. The dial is larger, which I like and has a more tactile feel, as compared to other sets.

What I Don’t Love: Please be aware - this issue is probably just a tech issue on my end. I am unable to get sound through my desk speakers when I have the USB dongle plugged in. Even when I have the headset turned off!! I have to unplug the USB dongle from my computer in order to get sound on my desk speakers. Again, this is probably just a sound setting that I need to look at and tweak.

TLDR: Got to my door super quick. Reasonable price for wireless. Looks great. Feels great. Sounds great. Mic works well. Battery lasts for at least 25 hours. Really comfortable.

I don't write reviews but this headset is FREAKING AWESOME. Clear sounds, amazing quality of audio, and the microphone doesn't suck like the Logite...........yea that mic was really bad.

This is very comfortable to wear, the padding is really soft and it holds your head really well.

Setup was easy....just stick the USB dongle into a USB port, turn it on and BOOM! You got 30 hours of battery so you don't have to charge so often...or if you play for 30 hours straight which is bad for your health ;)

Coming from the HyperX Cloud 2 headset, these are very similar. I use them mainly for PUBG which I hope this review helps others that our into PUBG.

PUBG only outputs in stereo and if you play with a "7.1" or "5.1" headset, it sounds like straight trash, so get yourself a good stereo headset. Thats where these come in. Straight out of the box, I have 0 issues deciphering where shots are coming from, they have a good amount of bass and they work well. My issue coming from the Cloud 2's is that with the Cloud 2's, I had them plugged directly into my motherboard which has EQ software built in (Sound Blaster X-Fi). I found some great EQ settings online for them and hearing gunshots got better and footsteps became louder. With the Cloud Flights, there is no way for me to use that EQ software that came with my mobo since its a USB wireless adapter and it cannot be controlled through the EQ software. I found some third part software (Equilizer APO) and used the same EQ settings as I did my other headset, but it sounded "tinnier". So it really isnt an issue with the headset, per say, but I figured I would let any other PUBG fan know (which I am sure a lot of people buying this headset will be using it for PUBG, thanks to Shroud)

Build quality is great, mic is above average for a gaming headset, battery life so far is good. I dont believe the ear cups are interchangeable like other HyperX headsets. I prefer the felt ear cups because these "pleather" cups make my head sweat a bit. I might try and force them off? I havent really looked that much, though.

EDIT - The earcups DO come off, they were just tucked in really snug. I now use the felt ear cups from the Cloud 2.

Hopefully this review helps you out and I would recommend this headset!

Build quality is excellent
Sound is crystal clear
Microphone is good (no complaints from others)
Headset range is excellent, ranges from my game
room upstairs all the way down stairs to the kitchen (very imprortant)
Mute bottom is well designed, on left ear cup
Fits well on the ear
Very light weight

The only con to this headset is it heats up after consecutive hours of use, I find I can play about 2.5 hours of games before I notice it.

Overall not an issue and totally worth the money, well done HyperX.

I missed wireless and glad to be back. I rocked a G930 for a long time, before getting a Sennheiser PC37X. That was a great headset, great sound, so comfortable, awesome mic, but it was wired. After time and constantly running over the wire, I had to try going back to wireless.

The Cloud Flight has no set up required. Plug in the USB adapter and turn them on. They are really comfortable for long gaming sessions and have awesome battery life to keep up with them. In the summer on a hot day, it does sweat a little, something I don't get with cloth ear pads, but these are like a faux leather or vinyl type material. I'm curious on long term wear on them, but for now other than the slight sweating on hot days, they are great. They get really loud without having any sound issues as popping or crackling. They are also better for PUBG than my Sennheiser's were and I am able to hear footsteps further out.

The not so good. I wish they had software so I can adjust them, but I don't really need to much, the main thing is wanting the LED lights off by default. When I turn them on, I need to double tap the power button to go to the off setting for the lights. This is the position they get 30 hrs of battery life. If they are on, it's closer to 16. I can't see them when I am wearing them, so what do I care about having lights on? So that's minor and so is the other issue, the microphone, It's not as good as my Sennheiser's were, but that was to be expected. It's a notch down from them, but my friends can hear me fine, I'm not just as clear. I did have to toy with the settings to get them to my friends liking (noise supression, echo, boost, etc), but now no complaints from them. I love that it easily is removed (the mic) too.

EDIT: UPDATE!!!! There has been a firmware update that keeps your light setting now. So if you turn it off, it will turn off a few seconds after turning the headphones on and keep that setting. This helps you get the 30 hrs suggested battery life. Also I bought a mic boom cover on Amazon for cheap, like $6 for a 5 pack and it works great during those hot days that I have a fan blowing on me. Did several recording test and it did not pick up the fan until I put it on high, even than it was barely audible not bothering my friends.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Wireless, Long battery life: Features Gaming Grade wireless with long lasting battery life. With a battery life of up to 30 hours longer lasting Gaming sessions with fewer interruptions from having to stop and charge are possible. Usb charging cable included.
  • Audio: provides rich sound quality with crystal clear low, mid, and high tones. The enhanced bass-reproduction provides a Gaming experience Unique to the cloud flight headset. It features 50-millimeter drivers as well as a closed cup design to provide the best sound quality available.
  • Comfort: designed for ultimate comfort, Breathability and longer lasting Gaming sessions. Red colored HyperX signature memory foam is made from, skin-friendly, soft, breathable, pliable leatherette, designed for longer wearing. HyperX cloud flight has a lightweight build perfect for long Gaming sessions, weighing in only at 300 grams (315 grams with Microphone attached). rotating ear cups are designed for longer lasting Gaming sessions, and comfort when worn around the neck permitting breaks in between Long sessions.
  • Multi-platform compatibility: PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro ready. This allows for one headset to be used for both PC and console Gaming. Conveniently connect with a single USB Adapter. 3. 5-Millimeter headphone cable included, USB wireless adapter compatible with PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro. Headphone cable compatible with devices with 3. 5mm connectors. Usb Adapter included.
  • Detachable noise Cancellation microphone: Gaming Grade wireless for reliable connectivity and communication, quick and Easy to plug in for Gaming or unplug for music. Reduced background noise for an improved in-game chat experience. Wireless operates on a 2. 4 GHz frequency, Certified by TeamSpeak and Discord. Compatible with Skype, and mumble.

Description

Escape the limits of cable connections and roam free with the wireless HyperX Cloud Flight. With a solid, gaming-grade wireless connection, incredible 30-hour* battery life, and signature HyperX comfort, Cloud Flight allows you to play uninterrupted for longer. The closed cup design helps keep you immersed, while the durable steel slider and high-quality construction mean it’s built to withstand daily wear and tear. This PC, PS4 and PS4 Pro ready headset is additionally headphone compatible with devices that support a 3.5-millimeter wired audio connection** via the included cable. The ear cups rotate 90° to rest comfortably around your neck during breaks, and feature convenient controls for LED effects, mic mute, power, and volume. The detachable noise-cancelling mic helps ensure that your communications are heard crystal clear, and Cloud Flight has been certified by TeamSpeak and Discord.

* Tested at 50% headphone volume with LED off.

** Mic and ear cup control functions not supported while using wired connection.

 

Specifications:

Headphone:

- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets

- Type: Circumaural, Closed back

- Frequency Response: Wireless:

- Wireless: 20Hz - 20,000Hz

- Analog: 15Hz - 23,000Hz

- Impedance: 32 ohms

- Sound pressure level: 106 dBSPL / mW at 1kHz

- THD: less than 2%

- Weight: 300g

- Weight with mic: 315g

- Cable length and type: USB charge cable (1m) + Detachable 3.5 mm headphone cable (1.3 m)

 

Microphone:

- Element: Electret condenser microphone

- Polar pattern: Noise-cancelling

- Frequency response: 100Hz-7,000 Hz

- Sensitivity: -45dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)

 

Battery Life*:

- 30 hours - LED off

- 18 hours - Breathing LED

- 13 hours - Solid LED

*Tested at 50% headphone volume

 

Wireless Range **:

- 2.4 GHz

- Up to 20 meters

**Wireless range may vary due to environmental conditions

 

Tips and Tricks: How to use your HyperX Cloud Flight for an optimal gaming experience:

 

Audio and Mic Controls:

- Volume wheel located on the bottom of right ear cup

- Pressing the left ear cup mutes the mic

- Single button for power and LED selection

- Audible indicators include: Power, Battery Life, Mic Mute, and Volume Min/Max

 

Package Contents:

- 1 Hyper X Cloud Flight

- 1 Detachable Noise Cancelation Microphone

- 1 USB Charging Cable

- 1 3.5-millimeter Headphone cable included

- 1 USB Adapter



Coming from a tropical country, many other headphones get stuffy after an hour of use. However, I can use this headphones for hours without feeling warm/stuffy at all. For a gamer that wears spectacles, I do not feel uncomfortable in anyway so, its spectacles approved! The sound quality is superb, the sound is crisp and there's a touch of bass which makes listening to music and playing games enjoyable. I'm also able to use this headphones for 4 days straight with each gaming session lasting 4 hours or more with a full charge. However, there's a drawback which is the white noise(a constant soft buzzing sound). I do not know why nobody mentioned it here in the reviews, however, this is a very big issue as it gets very ANNOYING whenever there's no audio playing. If HyperX is able to fix this issue, this would be a FLAWLESS pair of wireless gaming headphones. Hope this review helps the people out there who are considering to buy this pair of awesome gaming headphones! :)

This is my first wireless gaming headset so I don't have anything but wired headsets to compare to.
The good:
The sound is great on these and the ability to walk around and not be tethered to your controller or PS4 ifs fantastic. I was able to walk around my whole house without it cutting out, making using it ding chores and listening to music on my system an option as well. The 3D portion of the headset is great too, I was able to pick up direction of where sounds were coming from just like using a surround sound system. Did not really hear the white noise people have complained about but then again "the dress is blue" everyone's body picks up senses differently.
The bad:
I feel like the port placement for the 3.5mm headjack, the micro USB charger, and the Mic input should have been reversed to put the Mic in the front to be able to easily charge and wire up the headphones if you chose too. I was was able to charge, use the Mic and headphones simultaneously but it took some work. The other thing I wish there was is a separate volume control for player chat volume. It took a lot of setup time to get my Mic volume right for others and hearing other people was inconsistent for volume. The only way I was able to work around this was to prioritize chat audio on my ps4.

So this headset is comfortable, has excellent range, great battery life, and a sleek design. The sound quality is good with decent base. However, since it does not have software or drivers (other than the basic "NGenuity" software that lets you control volume input and output), you are left having to search for 3rd party solutions for the things that HyperX did not include.

You need to install an equalizer to adjust the sound profile to your liking, you need to find a way to increase the "db" output (volume), because it is way too low as it comes. Surround sound needs to be installed by 3rd party as well (Razer has a free software).

However, the thing that cannot be solved by software is sidetone, so you hear yourself talking in real-time without delay. That is very unfortunate, and undeniably my biggest problem with this headset. I just wish HyperX had simply included (competent) software and drivers to adjust these things, because all other wireless headsets on the market offer this at a MUCH lower price.

My experience - I watched tons of video reviews, read headset guides and everything I could after I decided to go wireless. I've been avoiding wireless headsets for a while, because the performance to convenience trade off was just never there. Either the battery would die too often and need to be recharged, or the audio quality was complete garbage. These are by no means an audiophile grade headphone, but I would definitely consider them to be above average for most listeners/consumers. I haven't tried a wireless set personally in 3 years, and the last one I tried was bad. The sound quality was bad, battery life was bad, it was all around a horrible experience and I returned them right away.

What/Why I'm replacing - I came from Audio Technica ADG1X headset that I've had for about 2 and a half years. They have been a great headset, although at a price point of $300 they should be. They were light, comfortable and sounded great. However, I've since moved from a small house in the country to a condo and while I like the large sound stage you get from open back headphones hearing my neighbors and other people around me isn't ideal while gaming or listening to music. The headset was getting a little worn out and my cable is constantly twisting and getting caught under my chair or on my keyboard so I decided it was time for something new and began investigating wireless to see if the technology had come along for headsets as it has for mice (my Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse is a dream).

Look/Style - These HyperX Cloud Flights haven't been out long but clearly HyperX put in the time and research because they just got it right. I've seen several reviewers talk about them not looking cool or flashy enough and flagging that as a negative but in my opinion it's a bonus. You can't even see the headphones when they are on your head. Maybe it's a concern if you're streaming but even Shroud uses these headphones and they look fine. I love that they don't attract a ton of attention.

Battery Life/Buttons/Drivers - I've only had these for a few days but I've yet to run out of battery since the initial charge. I use them with the LED lighting off, because I can't see it anyways when I'm wearing them. The mute button is brilliantly placed and easy to get to, the mic is so easy to detach when you don't need to communicate and would rather not have something in your face. The setup was extremely simple, although they do offer drivers/software you can download to customize further but I prefer the driver-less plug and play functionality and am glad that I can use these without that extra software. All of the controls/buttons are easy to reach and easy to use. FYI, the volume wheel controls the volume for Windows. The headset doesn't have a separate volume wheel. I actually enjoy and prefer this, because my ADG1X had it's own volume wheel (which causes audio to cut out sometimes) that even when working properly I would accidentally brush against and change my volume.

Comfort - Especially important since we tend to wear gaming headsets for hours on end. Several of the reviewers I read or watched said these were the most comfortable headphones they'd ever worn. I was still hesitant to buy into how great they would feel for the sole reason that my ADG1X were extremely light, and amazingly comfortable. I'm happy to say that HyperX got this right too. I definitely feel a little more airflow with the ADG1X which is expected since they are open back, but my ears never got sweaty with the Flights and they were surprisingly lightweight for being a wireless headset. The free feeling of no wires dangling down to your shoulders/chest is quite amazing. It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to go back at this point. My ADG1X had 53mm drivers and the cloud flight have 50mm, but for some reason the actual cups on the ADG1X were a lot bigger and completely round. Whereas the Flights are more ear-shaped and not quite as large. This makes them feel smaller on your head which is a good thing, turning your head doesn't feel quite as cumbersome.

Sound - At the end of the day nothing else about a headphone really matters if they sound like crap. As I mentioned before, these aren't audiophile grade headphones, although I don't think any audiophile would even consider a wireless headset so it's a moot point. You DO lose a certain level of audio quality by going with wireless over a wired connection. Just like you lose some connection speed going from ethernet to WiFi. For most people, this isn't an issue and the sound quality on the Flights is more than good enough to make the convenience of wireless 2-way audio with 30 hour battery life worth it. Technically my old headset (audio technica ADG1X) WAS an audiophile grade headphone, although I didn't use a DAC, amp, or even a soundcard with it to truly push it to its capabilities. That being said, I love the way these Flights sound. I'm actually hearing certain details now that I couldn't hear with my open back headset just due to noise isolation alone. Music overall sounds fuller since the bass is more prevalent (not overblown or shoved down your throat, but it was practically non-existent on my ADG1X). The highs and mids aren't as nicely detailed as on my other headphones but its' nearly impossible to tell without listening back to back and comparing, looking for a difference. The microphone is quite good as well, the people I play with on a daily basis couldn't even tell I was on a headset that cost nearly half the price of my old one. The few that I asked about it said it sounds really good. Now one big concern I did have was volume. It's very common for wireless headsets to have a pretty low volume cap due to power restrictions etc. I even read a few comments from owner's of these headphones that said they didn't get loud enough. I'm happy to say they must have had something configured wrong in their windows audio mixer because these headphones get very loud. Not blow your ear drum out loud, but they can definitely get loud enough to be uncomfortable. I have been keeping them around 50-70% depending on what games I'm playing, and most of my games have master audio set down to 50%. So there is plenty of power. I should note that the 30 hours battery life that HyperX advertises is said to be at a 50% volume. So if you regularly keep the volume higher or maxed you won't get quite as much battery life but it should still be plenty enough that you don't have to charge mid session. I must also say the soundstage is surprisingly better than I thought it would be for closed back phones, and you can very clearly pinpoint the direction of enemy footsteps and gun shots.

Final Thoughts - I highly recommend this headset. The level of performance is unmatched for a wireless headset in this price range. Everything just comes together so nicely in an easy, convenient to use package that performs like a wired headset in many ways. I was able to walk my entire condo (1100 sq ft) without losing/degrading the connection to my PC playing music. I've always considered HyperX a solid contender in the gaming headset market, but to see this as their first attempt at wireless makes me a true believer in the brand and I look forward to seeing what they come up with next!

Much more comfortable than my previous headset (steelseries arctis 5). The wireless range is outstanding, no noticeable latency, and great battery life. I really enjoy the design and button layout of this headset. The only thing I would like this headset to feature is live microphone feedback. I don't mind that there's no software to manage EQ settings but this will probably bother other users.
P.S True 7.1 surround sound on headphones doesn't exist so don't bother looking for that feature

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site