Wednesday, November 27, 2019

November 27, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

eero Pro – Advanced Pro-Grade Tri-Band Mesh WiFi System to Replace Traditional Routers and WiFi Range Extenders – Single eero Pro for homes and apartments

eero Pro – Advanced Pro-Grade Tri-Band Mesh WiFi System to Replace Traditional Routers and WiFi Range Extenders – Single eero Pro for homes and apartments

I have a lot of experience with technology, and have used multiple routers and access points. My previous configuration was using a Unifi pro access point, which was reliable, but did not allow for seamless roaming, there was no app, and the Java configuration was complex and required booting up to the PC to modify. Also, 2.4 and 5GHz bands had different names, so the devices could not latch on to the best one. My house is wired for ethernet. What I liked about the Unifi AP was the speed and reliability. I only had to reboot my old router every ~5 months.

As our house is ~4000 square foot, I wanted to get a mesh system, that supported Ethernet based roaming. Based on all the reviews, I got the Eero (and purchased an additional base module, all connected through Ethernet). The solution has been EXTREMELY GOOD. I don't need a separate router, the speed is 3x what the Unifi AP was giving (now I can use the full 300MB from my internet connection, even in wireless), the roaming is amazing as the devices get the best signal (2.4 or 5) with the same network name, the app is extremely well done (very complete, a pleasure to use, with lots of options like hardcoding IP address for a device, set up a guest network, or even quickly blocking access to my daughter devices when needed), and I have only had to reboot it once (I've had the device for 6 weeks).

So better coverage, faster, easier to use.

The only two asks I would have is:
- to include more analytics in the app. It is not possible to view data usage over time for any device (the app only shows current usage in MB/sec)
- to be able to limit bandwidth for some devices (or for the guest network)

As a curious side effect of using Eero, I realized that I could get full bandwidth (300 MB/Sec) when using any wifi device (which connects directly to the main Eero device), but I was getting 100MB/Sec when using a wire! So this helped me realize that in part of the network I was using Cat5 cable. I replaced these with 5e or 6, and now also the devices connected through cable (Xbox, PC, etc.) get the full 300MB/sec.

Where do I start....Began with an ASUS router that was a few years old and wanted to step into the mesh network era. Tried the Google Wi-Fi router and wound up being more trouble than it was worth. Way too restrictive with the administration of the router, i.e. Google has documented issues with port forwarding. That alone became a deal breaker as I forward security cameras, doorbells, etc. ports. $100 in the trash as I can't return it because it's past the return time frame. The eero is really amazing. Coverage is great, solid admin control of the router's features, and very user-friendly. The setup/management is all app based and there is no web-based option. In the end, its a real plug and play device. Don't overlook this gem as you will no doubt be satisfied. The only drawback was the price. But in the end, you're paying for reliability and consistent router operation. I also wanted to mention customer support. I had to contact them about the router because it did not want to update to the latest firmware. Day 1, contacted support via email. Day 2, support responded and I was asked to give some information on how I was using the router (which wires were connected to the router and what internet service provider and modem model number I was using). Day 3, customer support responds and indicates that there were documented issues with the modem model I had at home from my internet provider (Spectrum). Day 4, went to Spectrum and they replaced my old modem with a newer model. I went home and plugged everything up. Went through the router app setup again and BAM! everything worked and the modem was able to update itself to the latest firmware. Emailed customer support with my results and 10 minutes later they acknowledge my email. Good to know that there are companies that still provide this level of customer support. P.S they also offer phone and chat support. Very refershing!
1/31/19, update. Router is still working as expected. Still satisfied with my decision to buy it.

Absolutely love the Eero system with one exception. My home network is a bit complex. I really need a Wifi system that will support more than one SSID and VLAN,s on the network. The Eero only supports one SSID and one network. Most other systems in this class support the features that are missing here. There are several feature requests listed on the company forum for this feature, and the current status is "under consideration". Other than my concern I can say the system is rock solid and works as advertised. I have a total of 4 units, and the system blankets our large multi story home perfectly. I would rate it 5 stars if it included the multiple SSID VLAN feature.

The whole eero system is quick and simple to set up and get working in minutes with no IT knowledge required. However you still only get about 30% of your incoming speed. I have errors in every room so my network is quite saturated. But even though I get 400 mbps download speed into my main eero base station (as measured by eero), over wireless I get only about 120mbps speed even with near 100% signal strength from the eero. App is easy to use and shows the whole system, plus lets you turn off individual devices from Wi-Fi access such as if you want to give one of your kids an electronic time out.

We have about 4K SF in our home, and were struggling finding a router to work with no dead spots. This was our answer! Awesome product, amazingly fast speeds, and phenomenal interface for setup. We had one small glitch getting them to play with Charter/Spectrum (no surprise there) but their customer service was phenomenal and solved it in minutes over the phone! Best part is if, after you install the first one(s), you find you need to add more, that is a piece of cake to do!

Only small thing is the price. Definitely worth it for the quality, but not cheap by any means. Especially in our case where we needed up needing 4 of them to help cover the area outside by our pool.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • eero WIFI SYSTEM: eero Pro replaces your traditional WiFi router. A single eero Pro is a perfect start for any home and can be paired with any eero Pro or eero Beacon to quickly add coverage as needed. Eero Pro is backwards compatible with 1st generation eero routers.
  • PRO-GRADE WIFI: With the most intelligent mesh WiFi technology and powerful hardware, theeero Pro features tri-band technology making it 2x as fast as the original eero router. With two gigabit Ethernet ports, easily connect your eero Pro to your favorite devices or additional eero Pro's for the fastest in-home speeds.
  • CUTTING EDGE WIFI: Unlike common wireless routers and access points, eero Pro automatically updates overnight so you always have the latest security and features.
  • MESH NETWORK: Powered by proprietary TrueMesh technology, eero Pro WiFi systems leverage multiple access points to create a mesh network to provide your home with incredibly reliable internet, all on a single system.
  • QUICK & EASY SETUP: Replacing your old WiFi router has never been easier than with the eero Pro WiFi System. Setup takes minutes and the companion mobile app makes managing your whole-home WiFi simple and intuitive.

Description

The Gateway of an eero system, eero Pro (2nd generation) has two auto-detecting Ethernet ports that allow you to connect to your modem and any other device — like an Ethernet switch, printer, or another eero. With the addition of a second 5GHz radio, eero has tri-band power, which lets you do more, simultaneously, in every room of your home. eero's can either be the Gateway or add 1,500 sq. ft. of coverage to any eero system. eero is WiFi you never have to think about again.



All of mine work great. House is hardwired for 5 locations. Although my old house was not and they were working just as well
Better coverage now though. Works very well with a lot of 2.4ghz smart equipment as it detects by itself if it should be 2.4 or 5 ghz. Worth the money to remove dead spots. Everything from my driveway, garage and pool are all covered in a spread out 3,400 sq.ft. house.

This was the fourth EERO router I have purchased, to complement the other three I already had. I am not sure if I really needed a fourth but I got it anyway to make sure my entire house was covered. EERO replaced my previous router, an Apple Time Capsule. This was actually a great product, with a single router covering most of my house. However Apple no longer makes this device and I preferred a new system to trying to rig up extenders for the Time Capsule, which is about 7 years old. EERO is extremely easy to set up. It provides excellent coverage throughout my house without any dropped signals or buffering, and at the speed advertised by my internet provider. Your internet provider will never provide a router that is even close to EERO. EERO phone support is also excellent.

Eero is the best mesh network you can buy. They have an Apple-like app that serves as a beautiful control app. They update the network capability regularly. The eero device is pleasing to the eye and is attractive even.

AWESOME price on a great open-box mesh router. The best part about Eero is how easily they join the existing mesh network.

Took a chance buying used. Works great! This unit brought me up to 3 Eero’s. Love them!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site