Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 31, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA FLAT 50'' 4K UHD 7 Series Smart TV (2019)

Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA FLAT 50'' 4K UHD 7 Series Smart TV (2019)

I don't know much about TVs, so this will just be a layman's first impression with some detail specifications.

It took about 10 minutes to unpack and setup.
- To avoid squeezing the screen by lifting the TV out of the box, I tilted the opened box onto the couch and slid it out screen-side up.
- The box contained two feet, foot screws, cable-routing clips, remote control, batteries, power cable, and owner's manual.
- The feet snap onto the bottom and are secured with two screws on each foot.
- The cable clips attach to the feet.
- The power cord is flush with the back of the TV when it is plugged in and drops straight down. Specifications are below.

TV
- The home screen of the TV displays apps(Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.), input sources (HDMI, Bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi), and web browser.
- The setup process for the apps (user names and passwords) is done with the remote and was painless.
- The remote has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Hulu, and Prime - convenient for me since I have accounts for all three.
- The TV will default to the last active source when it is turned on.
- The audio level is sufficient, but I plan to add a sound bar.
- The picture and colors (especially black) are incredible compared to my previous TV, a 10 year old LG.
- The TV is very light, I was able to mount it on the wall by myself. I only needed to use two mounting bolts in a single stud since it's only 30 lbs.
- The cable inputs are easily accessible from the side of the TV

I love this TV, I only regret not getting the 55" instead!

I found these detailed specifications online:

Weight - 30.00 lbs.
Dimensions w/o feet - 44.30" x 25.60" x 2.30"
Dimensions w/ feet - 44.30" x 28.70" x 10.30"

HDMI -3 In
LAN - Ethernet In
Wireless - Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
USB - 2
Digital Audio - 1 Optical Out
Composite A/V 1 - Component Video 1 In

Other Connectors
RF In (Terrestrial/Cable Input): 1/1
RF In (Satellite Input): 1/1
Audio Return Channel Support (via HDMI port)
RS232C: Supports USB to Ex-Link Adapter

Backlighting: Edge-lit LED
Design: New Edge
Bezel Width: VNB
Slim Type: Slim
Stand Type (Color): Simple
4K Ultra HD Connected
Dimming Technology: UHD Dimming
Style: Flat Panel
TV Type: UHD
Motion Rate: Advanced 120
Color: PurColor
HDR (High-Dynamic Range): HDR
Picture Engine: UHD Engine
Dolby
Sound Output (RMS): 20W
Speaker Type: 2CH
Multiroom Link
Bluetooth Headset Support
Wi-Fi Direct
Smart Hub: Yes (incl. Sports, Music and TV Plus)
Processor: Quad-Core
Apps Platform: Smart TV with Apps and Full Web Browser
Works with Google Assistant
Works with Alexa
Digital Clean View
Auto Channel Search
Auto Motion Plus
ConnectShare
Embedded POP
OSD Language: English, Spanish, French
InstaPort S (HDMI Quick Switch)
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
Closed Captioning
Electronic Program Guide (Channel Guide)
Game Mode: Yes (Auto Game Mode)
USB HID Support
Eco Sensor
Auto Power Off
Mobile to TV - Mirroring, DLNA

The upscaling feature on this TV is impressive! I connected my computer to this TV with HDMI 2.0 played some Dirt Rally 2. I was playing at 1080p and the upscaling on the television did I great job! I thought I was playing at 1440p or rather my monitors native resolution. For reference I'm running a GTX 1080 graphics card. Additionally, I played Hitman 2 from my computer at 1440p and it looked fantastic. I sit roughly four feet away from my TV on a couch and being able to play at 1440p at a rock solid frame rate with upscaling to 4k is awesome. The difference between 1440p and 4k is expensive performance wise and the upscaling this TV provides closes that gap! I have better than 20/20 vision and the difference between 1440p and 4k is negligible on this TV with upscaling.
I tried Hitman 2 at 1440p and 4k resolutions.

As for HDR support this is the first time I've seen HDR in person. I tried turning the effect off and on in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice on PS4 Pro. My brother and I both agree that having the effect on is much nicer. Its subtle, but worth it. I also tried turning HDR on in Hitman 2 running from my PC and again the effect is nice, yet subtle. I contemplated getting the QLED module of this TV, which is Samsungs answer to OLED made by their competitors LG...etc. HDR with either a QLED or OLED would be more noticeable. The Samung Q60 43in 4k TV was going for $800 then dropped to $700 on Amazon as soon as it came out a couple days ago. I bought this TV for $430 plus tax so you'll have to decide if the upgrade is worth it to you.

Playing games on the Nintendo Switch like Mario Kart 8 look phenomenal as well. The game natively runs at 1080p, however since this TV outputs all content to 4k everything is upscaled. Looks great! Its not magic however, if you're playing Rocket League on the Switch its going to look and run subpar compared to the more powerful consoles and systems.

Smart features - A smart hub appears whenever you turn the TV on. Since I mainly use my PS4 Pro for Prime Video/ Hulu etc. I turn the smart hub off that way I don't have exit the smart hub everytime I turn on and off the TV. I really like how the TV automatically switchs HDMI sources when it detects them! Super convenient! The TV automatically detected my DirectTV remote. This created some initial confusion as I was using the new remote until I tried my old DirecTV remote. I do like how this TV has the option for both Ethernet and WiFi support as updating the television will be much easier.

Controls- the navigation in the menu is easy to understand. I like how this TV has an auto brightness function in eco mode. The TV senses the brightness in the room and adjusts accordingly. I only thought that was available on the more expensive modules so that was a nice surprise. The game mode on this TV is very responsive, I believe 15ms response time which is fast for a VA panel TV. The motion looks excellent on the Samsung RU7100 compared to my friends flickering Vizio TV.

I would have liked to have is a navigation button on the underside of the RU7100 TV. This was likely omitted for space reasons as the TV is very thin.

Overall - I am highly satisfied with the Samsung RU7100. Over the last few weeks this television has become more and more enjoyable as I discover new features and test the panels capabilities over different devices...consoles/ PC etc. You will be happy with this purchase!

I received this TV yesterday and set it up and have been taking my time getting used to it. I will add an in-depth review once I get to know it and all of its features. So far, it's okay, not great and not bad.

I want to let you all know two things. First, some people said they didn’t get screws for the feet the tv stands on. I did. Second, Amazon says batteries don’t come with the remote, but they indeed do.

Setup was very simple. The tv will determine what you have plugged in to the HDMI port. In my case it was my DirecTv receiver and it programmed my remote for me. I can use either the remote for the tv or the DirecTV remote to control the receiver.

Picture quality is something you have to see for yourself. This may be considered lower end for 4K, but who really cares if it’s doing exactly what you needed it to?

If for any reason you are worried about this being shipped, don’t be. The box came in excellent condition and nothing was broken inside. I got the 50” so you may want someone to help you bring it inside and set it up.

For the price, you aren't going to get the best picture compared to a 2k+ oled tv but the picture is definitely great and the sound is awesome too. No complaints.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 4K UHD Processor: A powerful processor optimizes your TV's performance with 4K picture quality
  • HDR: See shades of color that reveal more detail than HDTV can deliver
  • Smart TV with Universal Guide: Our simple on-screen guide is an easy way to find streaming content and live TV shows
  • PurColor: Millions of shades of color reveal a vibrant, lifelike picture that HDTV can't create

Description

See all your favorite entertainment as it was meant to be seen. Enter the world of 4K, where every Show, season, and scene is upscaled with.



Just received this TV today for use in the bedroom after our older Vizio 55 inch suddenly stopped working. I have to say I am impressed.

Setup was a breeze, it connected to my Note 9 right off the bat and helped get everything setup, including my wifi without having to re-enter the password. That was very nice.

The picture quality is great for the price range, no complaint at all, viewing angle works well in the room it is in and 4k looks great, it is not going to look as amazing as the P Series we have in the living room, that was a far more expensive television that has full array, but it is damn good. Great value, great TV.
The remote is a little awkward for we with some of the smaller buttons, but I work consteuction and my hands dont deal well with smaller buttons, so that might just be an issue with me. If anything changes I will update my review.

Great upscale processor, good smart features, but poor viewing angles.

UPDATE 5/14: Received replacement TV from Amazon at no charge and quickly. Not broken, turns on and works perfect. Of course, while this is not the best 4k TV that you can buy, for the price it is pretty amazing.

I'm not well versed on petty things that people would say about this TV and I'm not too much of a videophile, but I just wanted a 4k TV to get with the times. I'm normally an LG guy, but Samsung has impressed me with this one. I'm coming from a 10 year old non-smart TV, so this is a big upgrade from what I'm used to. Below are a few nice things I've found out with this TV.

- You can use the Samsung remote with Apple TV, Fire TV Stick, and probably some other streaming devices as well.
- This TV will recognize streaming devices on your network (like a NAS if properly setup for example)
- The AutoMotion works well for 4k movies.

Overall, it's worth the price 100%. I don't watch enough TV/Movies to justify spending over $1,000, so this was perfect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I received the TV and was more excited than a hog in mud.

I took it out of the box, set it down to attach the stands and to my surprise, it’s physically broken. It appears it was dropped and still packaged by Samsung anyway. That’s just my speculation.

I contacted Amazon and they are sending a replacement. Will update the review once I’m able to turn it on and see a picture.

The color and picture is perfect. Sound is average a sound bar would be perfect. Easy setup. Love the Netflix button kn the remote, so functional.

 The size is perfect in my livingroom. The picture is clear and the color is amazing. Also, the television was easy to set up.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site