Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 31, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Dell D Series LED-Lit Monitor 31.5" White D3218HN, FHD 1920x1080, 16:9, IPS LED Back-lit, HDMI, VGA, VESA

Dell D Series LED-Lit Monitor 31.5

These monitors are great overall and not only because of the price point. When I originally was looking for new monitors to use in my home office I knew I wanted a theee monitor setup and at first as I was worried when I was considering the size of these monsters - but let me tell you that is no issue at all! These massive monitors are a beauty and like you’ll see in my photos included with this review - they are clean and look great. I’m very happy with them and they work great for my office type work and display vivid details. I do not game on them but I did watch several YouTube movie trailers in 1080p and they looked nice.

Connectors are limited but the VGA and HDMI are plenty to work with and I’m sure that also contribute some to the nice price point of these. I used all 3 monitors in my setup on the HDMI out and then the other end of the wire going into my graphics card is where I either had Display Port or HDMI ends to make the connections work. No hassle at all just have the correct wires for your setup.

I must say that with such a massive monitor you’ll want a graphics card capable of getting these to an ideal 1920 x 1080 resolution size, and in my case I’m using a Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti which handles that with ease. Anything lower than that will start to blur, etc. I don’t think you can find a better deal in this class, super satisfied customer with the purchase of these 3 monitors.

It's a beautiful monitor.

The overall image quality is adequate for every day use. The screen is a little glossy so there are reflections on sunny days.

We bought this from a local store and we were confused on whether or not the monitor has speakers. It does not. You will have to purchase speakers or headphones separately. We did find a nice sound bar on amazon which fits this monitor very nicely. Saxhorn mini sound bar in white.

Good budget monitor if you need one that's this large. 1080p at this scale isn't super sharp, but that's not the monitor's fault. It'll work fine at a distance, or if you have bad eyesight. For regular people and common computer monitor distances, you'll probably be able to see individual pixels. Also note that it does not have DVI or DisplayPort inputs, and it only comes with a VGA cable in the box- you'll have to provide your own HDMI cable.

I had bought 4 AOC 32" monitors because they were low cost. I went to buy another but nobody had them in stock. So I bought this Dell 32" monitor. Both the AOC and Dell are great for a budget low price 32" monitor, but I like the Dell a bit better. It seams like the text is crisper and a tad brighter.

love it for surfing. nice sized text. just be aware. it does not have a dvi input. vga and hdmi only.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Get a great viewing experience at a superb value with the stylish Dell 32 Monitor
  • This 31.5-inch monitor offers a great viewing experience, with Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, and vibrant colors across an ultra-wide 178°/178° viewing angle
  • Choose the Dell 32 Monitor which comes with efficient features that meet your computing needs
  • 60 hertz

Description

Get a great viewing experience at a superb value with the stylish Dell 32 Monitor.
This 31.5-inch monitor offers a great viewing experience, with Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, and vibrant colors across an ultra-wide 178 Degree/178 Degree viewing angle.
Choose the Dell 32 Monitor which comes with efficient features that meet your computing needs.



This huge screen makes for easy reading of online newspapers and research.

Pros: Beautiful design and amazing value!

Cons: Comparing it to 4K and pixel density

For a 31.5 inch monitor that is immensely affordable (One-Fifty) and 1080p @60 Hz, this a great monitor! I can barely discern the pixels when viewing close, compared to a 4K monitor and a MacBook Pro Retina Display.

I definitely recommend this monitor!

Other than the oddly out-of-place black 'Dell' bezel on an otherwise all white monitor, it appears to be a cheap AOC. In fact, the driver disk that came with the monitor ID's it as an AOC2752 and is unable to install the Dell drivers (see photo). This must be the reason it was sold so cheap.

However, except for a small amount of bleed through near the bottom on a totally black screen, the display is gorgeous. Clear, sharp, and bright. Very good color. So far, I haven't spotted any stuck pixels. It looks at least as good as the 32" HP display nearby (different PC). For what I paid for it, it isn't worth the hassle of returning it, and I may get worse next time.

EDIT: I went to the Dell support page for the DN3218HN monitor and downloaded the driver from there. That one ID'ed the monitor as the correct (Dell) monitor, not the AOC monitor. The driver installed normally. So, the driver disk that was packaged with the monitor is still a mystery. But at least I feel better about the purchase now.

Bought two to replace my aging 32 inch. I like that you can set them up quit easy and there is a setting for text reading. No more than presets of color, but made adjustment easy. I am surprise how well they look for what I paid. Bought them both while on sale for 130 bucks each. Not the best if you want to game with them. You can see that the monitors are a bit slow in response, but still not to bad

I bought this for my parents for Christmas to replace their aging 20" Acer monitor. They absolutely love it! It has a nice picture with good color reproduction and contrast, and the design is clean. Some people complain about 1080p on a 32" monitor but my parents have no issues with it, and It looks pretty good to my eyes as well. It's obviously not as sharp as my 4k 40" screen, and on-screen items are a bit large for my taste, but for everyday use sitting about 18" away it's a solid choice. For $150 this monitor is hard to beat, highly recommended.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site