Tuesday, July 23, 2019

July 23, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna, No Salt Added, 12 Count

Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna, No Salt Added, 12 Count

There are several aspects of this product that people should understand, but one must understand the positive and negative in order to properly evaluate this product.

Is the packaging imperfect? Yes. The cans do not appear as full as many other brands.
Does it taste a little dry? Yes. The cooking leaves the product tasting a little "dry."

Both of these things are true, and I can understand why it would turn some people off. Especially people who aren't really into tuna, or people who can't really discern quality meats. These people might get the wrong first impression of this product, and it is understandable.

However, someone like myself, who is a fan of tuna, and has a taste for it, and has tried most other brands, including the $5 - $10 a can brands
would have to make sure you understand something about this product.

Despite the presentation, and aesthetic qualities of the "dryness" this is about as high a quality of tuna meat you can find in a can of tuna.

More expensive brands like "American" and others, present a fuller can and their cooking process creates an outstanding product that is perceivably less "dry." However, you will not find a higher QUALITY meat than from this product. It is absolutely amazing.

They cut corners with cooking and packaging, but I believe this allows them to keep the cost down and provide a product that is as high a quality meat as the $8 a can brands.

This isn't the type of tuna you would eat straight out of the can, like the more expensive brands, but pair it with rice and it is heavenly. You will wonder why you can't put your spoon down. The quality of the meat blows away anything else in its price range, such as Wild Planet. I like Wild Planet, it is more aesthetically pleasing than the SafeCatch, however, the meat itself is night and day.

If you want to complain about this product, please understand that to get tuna meat of this quality, you have to spend at least TWICE the amount of money. There is no better value available in the market than what this brand has delivered. They have the best meat quality to price ratio you can find.

Again, if you want to complain about the cooking or the packaging, feel free to buy the $8 a can tuna. Those brands are excellent, but you will also pay a lot more.

With SafeCatch, if you can get over the aesthetic imperfections, you will be able to enjoy some of the highest quality meat you will ever find in a can.

I haven't had this Safe Catch Tuna long enough to make a salad or use in a recipe; but I was very pleased when I opened a can just to see what it looked like and saw a solid clean piece of tuna instead of a bunch of little pieces floating in the water or oil. Actually, I ate this with a fork right out of the can, delicious, and no juicy residue left in the can bottom to give my dog. She was disappointed. lol. I will buy this again.

I've yet to use the salt free product am awaiting delivery but have used the ones that have salt, and it will be just as good tasting as I can add spices and a bit more onion to my tuna salad to make up for no salt.
This product is very expensive in one way unless you look at all the advantages and compare prices for what you would get through a supermarket. I could live off tuna fish sandwiches and P&J, so having tuna that is as safe as I'm probably going to get is good.
The quality is excellent and it doesn't have a strong fish smell which cuts off the complaints of a family member who does not care for fish.

I was looking for the lowest mercury tuna I could find. This is the company that takes the extra effort and care to bring us the healthiest tuna's in the sea. If you like your tuna fish on toasted bread like me, and care about your family's health. SUPPORT THIS GOOD PRACTICE COMPANY. I have tried both the white albacore and the darker meat and both were delicious.

Wow! This is the best canned tuna I have ever had. Finally got a chance to add it to my menu and it was just soooo good. Worth the price and it's Whole 30 compliant, unlike a lot of store-bought canned tuna.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Safe Catch is the only brand to test every fish for mercury
  • We test our albacore tuna to a purity limit that is 3x stricter than the fda mercury action limit
  • There is no precook processing our tuna, which means more nutrients and amazing flavor
  • Our tuna is gluten free, paleo certified, kosher, non-gmo project verified, and is dolphin safe
  • Safe Catch tuna comes in a 5 oz. can with an easy open lid

Description

Safe Catch albacore has the lowest mercury limit of any albacore brand and is our highest omega-3 tuna this is our lowest salt tuna with only 20mg of naturally occurring sodium. √ Mercury tested we handpick premium wild albacore tuna, then test each and every one to a mercury limit that is three times (3x) lower than the fda mercury action limit. √ Artisan cook process most canned tuna loses flavor and the majority of omega 3s due to precooking and machine processing. We hand pack premium raw wild tuna steaks and then slow cook them to perfection, retaining all the omega 3 oils and flavor. √ Nothing added, nothing drained we don't add oil, water, fillers, preservatives, or gmo-soy broth to our tuna. It's just pure wild tuna. Just empty the can into a bowl and mix together so the tuna reabsorbs any natural oils or fish juice that has settled. Please do not drain. √ Sustainably caught our albacore tuna is sustainably pole and line caught, we do not use long lines or trolling nets. Our albacore is green ranked by the Monterey bay aquarium seafood watch program.



Second only to not eating fish at all, that is. That doesn't escape me. But since I do eat fish, I'm happy to get it from a purveyor who takes pains to harvest it mindfully. Even if I have to pay a little extra for the privilege. I also appreciate that they include information about potassium and omega 3's on the label, among the other nutrient values. Makes it easy to plug into my food/nutrition tracker.

The Safe Catch brand features delicious tuna that has the additional bonus of being mercury-free. I'm on a low-sodium diet so I purchased the "no salt added," but the regular cans have very little salt. I highly recommend this brand to anyone who likes tuna.

This is the best tuna and the only tuna my husband will eat. Good flavor and texture with no added salt! And by buying it here it can be shipped to wherever he is working. Thanks for a great “safe” product.

I've only tried one can so far but I find the flavor superior to others I've tried. And the fact that it has little or no mercury is a big plus. I will buy these again.

We really liked this tuna. It had a lovely tuna flavor. It's flesh was nice and firm. There was a full can of tuna unlike many others I have purchased before. I would recommend this tuna for everything from Nicole salad to seafood pasta sauce.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site