Wednesday, July 17, 2019

July 17, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Retekess V115 Portable AM FM Radio with Shortwave Radio MP3 Player Digital Record Support Micro SD TF Card Sleep Timer and Rechargeable Battery(Black)

Retekess V115 Portable AM FM Radio with Shortwave Radio MP3 Player Digital Record Support Micro SD TF Card Sleep Timer and Rechargeable Battery(Black)

Just up front, I'm a radio junkie. In the past I've had all 3 models of GE Super Radios, I tried a C-Crane (CC) radio. Had a Tivoli Model One, and a Boston Acoustics look alike. I've also had some various Grundig models. And I've had in the past various unimpressive GE, Radio Shack, and other "off brands" that are now long gone and forgotten. Currently I have a couple of old Sony table radios, a Sangean Clock Radio at my bedside, an old Sony "SPORTS" am/fm cassette getto blaster in the bathroom, and a Sony ICF SW30 that the am stopped working on, and ICF M410v that the digital display stopped working correctly, and an ICF34 that I use out in the yard. I needed a new portable for my "go bag" since my SW30 stopped working correctly. I wasn't sure what to expect with the 710S, but if it did't stand up to my expectations it would go back to AMAZON quickly. Let just say that I'm impressed with this little monster. It has great reception and locks in the stations plus this tiny radio has an incredible sound. It blows my mind how well this thing sounds. BTW it has passive radiator on the back that I think does the job, loud and strong. Just for grins I put in a mini SD card just to see what the MP3 feature sounded like and all I can say is "WoW". I threw on a pair of headphones and the sound was very good as well. You've got 5 EQ presets in the MP3 mode but alas not in the radio mode, not a deal breaker given the overall sound quality. A couple of things I would like to see from this company..... Maybe the EQ presets for the radio mode as well. Being able to preset the stations in the order that I'd like them in. But don't get me wrong the auto preset feature works great and hey if you want to get to your station fast, just punch in the frequency, BAM. Maybe an external antenna plug and an optional antenna kit. A carry case for this would be nice to have as well. This radio is a KEEPER for me. If your looking for a good little radio you won't go wrong with this one

I am truly impressed with the quality of this product. It has surpassed everything I was expecting.

PROS
1 - Most outstanding is the audio quality - this little radio is LOUD!! It has a powerful speaker with a good amplifier driving it. It will absolutely fill a large room with sound. And distortion is low at high volume
2a - Recording is really good. I particularly wanted a device that could record off the radio. And this product delivers just that. The recorded quality of the .mp3 file is excellent (I have it set to 128K.) No background hiss or clicks. One hour of recording consumes about 80 Mb on my 32 GB microSD card, so record time is outstanding. It records very well from the built-in microphone, also. I have not tried the line-in recording. The controls for managing recording are well-marked and intuitive.
2b - Recorded Files. Unit actually records onto a standard microSD card. You can use any of the standard adapters (microSD - USB) to plug the card into a PC for file transfer. System provides a separate folder for each audio source: Radio, Line, Mic. Files within the folder are named with sequential numbers (ie, MIC0001.mp3)
3 - FM Reception. Reasonably good; about the same as any good FM radio. The small antenna definitely helps. The auto-station seek function is very effective and easy to use. After you scan the first time, you can jump from station-station easily. You can also enter a channel number, and it will jump there directly. Or, you can enter the FM frequency directly. I have not used the AM band at all.
4- Battery. uses a popular Nokia cell-phone Li-ion battery. I have not run it down completely, but expect I could get 6-8 hours of recording time, or 10-15 hours of playback time. The battery is very easy to change, so I bought a low-cost spare, along with an inexpensive charger. Battery compartment is accessible from the back, so I can change batteries in less than 15 seconds.
5 - Controls. Clearly marked in English. Very intuitive - everything works just like you would expect. The only challenge I had was getting the menu to display in English instead of Chinese - that took a little trial and error.
6 - Size. Very small, compact. It is amazing to find this much functionality in such a small package. Will fit in a man's shirt pocket.
7 - Instruction manual is very clearly written in decent English. I was able to figure out everything needed to operate the radio from this manual. Beware: the type is VERY small - a magnifying glass may be helpful.

CONS
1 - SW reception is not too impressive. Maybe it is just because there are not many stations in the vicinity. Not a big deal to me... maybe in another locality it would do better.

I highly recommend this radio/recorder.

My first review magically disappeared after my one year update and thanks Amazon... Jerks!¡!!

Here's the short version It's an awesome radio. Great sound. Incredible reception. Long battery life and a common charger that is the same as my Droid phones.

Long review best as I can remember the original and with insights after having these radios over a year now....

After a year of use by the boys the radios are still going strong. Batteries recharge as needed and still hold a charge. Reception etc is still stellar as is sound.

Originally I bought these radios because Amazon had a buy one for full price get a second $X.XX off before Thanksgiving 2017 while I was doing some Christmas ordering. I figured the price was cheap enough so why not give them a try? There wasn't very many reviews then unlike now if I remember correctly.
Why radios for the boys Christmas presents? Well it's pretty simple as long as the radio has battery power and the stations are broadcasting they'll work! My boys will be able to listen to the radio for tunes, weather, local information following or during a disaster, and get the NOAA stations as well as information broadcast along the shortwave bands should communications become disrupted. There's no cell towers to worry about, no crap signals to cause websites not to load properly, and no jammed up signals due to people overloading it in an emergency. Add to that a radio doesn't care about your personal information, doesn't need your life's story, or access to your wife's panties drawer before it gives you permission to use it's app. There's a lot to be said for low tech old school solutions in a high tech world!!!

Now I'm going to change up the format of this review from the original some to hopefully make it easier to read.

Pros:
Economically priced.
Shortwave and weather band capable
AM/FM
Very clear sound!!!
Volume will get loud enough to be heard clearly over a ruckus.
Great reception much better than expected.
Battery powered of course.
Uses the same micro USB charger as my Droid phone.

Cons:
Uses non standard battery. Doesn't use AA AAA.
Reliant upon electrical source to charge battery pack.
To charge without the grid requires more monetary investment/expense. IE solar, power bank, generator, power inverter, etc

Thoughts:
All in all the battery pack not withstanding it's a great little radio with great sound quality for it's size and very good reception. After a year plus of use I'm a bit more comfortable with the battery pack. Looking at it I might be able to scrounge and scavenge another out of an old cell phone. But if the battery goes to crap after another year it's no big loss at that point simply from the savings standpoint over buying alkaline batteries. I'd still like the radio more if it used standard easily scrounged in bad times AA batteries!!! Like my original review I'll buy the family small radios capable of pulling in the required bands that'll use AA batteries. In the mean time though these make great radios and if things go bad in the world they'll have to ration the battery power to make it last hopefully thru the crisis.

I purchased my radios with my own money for full asking price (other than the holiday special on the second) off Amazon receiving no discounts compensation or sexual favors for my review. Neither the original list review nor this new replacement review. I review items I buy and use honestly trying to show the good bad ugly and indifferent with the sole sincere intent of helping others to make better educated buying decisions. If I've already spent the money to get the knowledge why should you have to???

With all that said if you find my review helpful please let Amazon and others know by clicking yes. If you think it's a huge steaming pile then please let them know that as well! There's way to many junk reviews on Amazon and I don't want mine too be one!!

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps you out!!

I ordered VITE 710s for myself.I like to listen to some music or story while I'm doing housework.
 1.seller: The seller Angel is a nice person who respond my replacement request quickly.  I will purchase in her store in the future as they truly care about the customer's experience.
2. Radio: The Radio does well with FM and SW reception. Pressing SW button multiple times reveals SW bands
3.Speaker: The Speaker gives reasonable performance. It can give clearly sound.

4.Files: This model has number buttons so I can search the file very quickly. And It also can search as folder. It can organize lots of files.It can recognize wma and mp3 files.
5.Record: I love the recording function. I can choose the quality of the file. The sound it record very clear.
6. Battery: I use the radio about 2 hours a day and I charge the battery once a week.

The reason I ordered VITE 710S is because of the following key specs:  am/fm radio, digital entry and display, no need to buy batteries (uses chargeable cell phone battery + USB power), clear sounding speaker, memory for favorite stations, and recording capability.By the way, my son and my daughter have their own player. They like to listen to the songs and story when we drive.I am very pleased and so glad I got this. Highly recommend. 

Nice compact little pocket radio with--- theoretically -- a lot of features.

Pros:
* Good solid build, even though the case is plastic
* Display large, easy to read, well lit; buttons have a positive, durable feel
* Memory storage of stations on every band -- at least 30 per band, maybe more.
* Nice clear AM reception (shows up not as "AM", but "MW" band on the display)
* Nice clear FM reception.
* Great sound from a relatively tiny speaker; plenty of volume and no distortion
* Great battery life: played it all night and still had half a battery charge left
* Controls are relatively simple, once you figure out what they do (see below)

Cons:
* Practically zero shortwave reception -- a couple of faint, noisy stations is all -- tried all 9 bands
* No place to connect an external SW antenna
* Would not recognize MP3 files on any micro SD chip I inserted -- all chips play fine on other MP3 players
* Programming features is anything but intuitive, and the manual is sketchy, undetailed, and doesn't even address certain features
* Uses a cell-phone battery rather than standard common cells: expensive and harder to find

The MP3 player isn't a big deal for me; these are quirky in the best of devices, and that's not really what I bought this radio for. Although, since they \did\ include the feature, it would be nice if it actually worked . . .

Shortwave, however, is an issue. I primarily wanted this radio for the shortwave function, but that seems to be its weakest feature.
The problem, I think, is the antenna: the FM antenna doubles as the short wave antenna. Unfortunately, short wave is not FM; it's AM.
On most SW radios the SW is coupled to the \AM\ antenna, and also has a jack where you can connect a longer wire antenna for improved shortwave reception. There is no place to connect an external antenna on this radio, so you're left with what SW reception the FM antenna can pull in, which is very little. The 4-page manual advises that SW reception is best "outdoors at night", but standing outside in freezing rain in the dark with a radio jammed to my ear isn't exactly my idea of a pleasant listening experience.

About that manual: translated by someone for whom English was obviously not their first language, making it difficult to decipher -- and some things are really not explained at all: Like how to program radio stations manually into the memory buttons. There is an auto-scan feature, but that picked up about twice as many "stations" as there actually are, so I needed to program them manually. Figured it out through trial and error, eventually, but it took about an hour.

Bottom line: If all I had wanted was a pocket AM/FM radio, this would be a five-star radio for the price.
But the non-working SW and MP3 "features" drag it down.

03/12/18, ETA: Within 24 hours of posting this review, the seller contacted me and offered to send me a different radio which they felt would better meet my need, for free. They told me to keep the original radio, and the new model arrived a few days later (reviewed elsewhere). To thank them for this truly exceptional customer service, I am upping my rating from three to four stars.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Portable shortwave radio;4.7 x 3.1 x 0.9 in very small; compact; It is amazing to find this much functionality in such a small package; Will fit in a man's shirt pocket; No alarm;only sleep timer
  • V115 transistor radio bass sound with MIC recording and line in recording radio recording etc 3 recording mode and simple 64kbps; quality 96kbps ; super 128kbps 3 recording quality
  • Am fm radio with MP3 player speaker by 3.5mm AUX input and also can be used as a loudspeaker by usb cable
  • Built in three languages Chinese English Spanish; 9k/10k for AM tuning increment;package not including adaptor;just including usb cable;you can charge the radio from computer or connect phone adapter
  • Upgrade;manual storing of specific frequencies to the number keys;the numbers on the pad allow you to change the assigned radio stations; Instead; after programming each station

Description

If you are looking for battery powered radio with voice recorder,rechargeable battery and support sd card,Try V115 pocket radio with bass sound,good gift for senior

Shortwave radio with presets
portable radio with bass diaphragm,and you can search the radio station by Automatic and Manual,also can direct input radio frequency to search


Travel sw radio with mp3 player
Can play MP3/WMA format music stored in T-Flash card,No "shuffle",If remember the load number,can punch in that number to get to song directly,Repeat mode: All / One / Folder

Small radio with voice recorder
Transistor radio with 3 recording mode
MIC recording you can record what you want to say
Line in recording you can record the playing music
Radio recording Can record the playing radio station
V115 digital radio with 3 record quality selectable:simply 64 kbps;quality 96 kbps;super 128 kbps

Compact world radio receiver
100 Radio presets
Adjustable LCD back light
Multi-band radio with headphone jack
Built in three languages:Chinese, English, Spanish;default language is English
9k/10k selectable for AM tuning increment: the default AM tuning increment is 10 KHz
Sleep timer: shuts off automatically after specified times(00-05...85-90 min)
3.5mm AUX input:connect the external audio equipment

Frequency
FM:87-108MHz; AM: 522-1710KHz (9k); 520-1710KHz (10k)
SW: 4.75-21.85MHz
T-Flash/microSD card(not included)Max 32GB card
1000mAh rechargeable(cellphone) lithium battery (included)
Charging: DC 5V, Micro USB interface
Power:2W
Size:4.7 x 3.1 x 0.9 in

Package:
1 x World Band Radio
1 x USB charging cable
1 x Hand strip with bracket
1 x English manual
Please Noted,This is not a professional ssb radio,so it is weak on Shortwave than the professional ssb radio



Concerning the engineers who designed this thing--especially the the user interface--I have to think they were dead drunk when they designed the user interface. Either that or they had been abused as children and decided to use this radio to torture those who buy it and thus get even with humanity.

I opened the packaging, removed the radio, and charged the battery. After that I fully expected it to work like all the previous radios I have owned, simply dial in a station and have it play, but NO! The system for locating a station and then connecting that station to one of the numerical push buttons is bizarre. I finally figured it out, no thanks to the manual; intuitive this radio is not. If you think you are a radio-savvy hotshot, this radio will give you a dose of humility.

See those buttons 1-9 +0 on the front of the radio? You need to use those to enter the frequency of the AM or FM station you want to listen to. Really. The manual doses out information like the instructions given with a scavenger hunt. That is, not enough information for you to know what to do, just minimally helpful general hints. It's like the instruction manual is deliberately holding back information, trying to jerk you around.

I finally mostly figured it out. Here are the instructions I wrote out on the back of the instruction booklet for myself:

1. Enter frequency of station using buttons on the front of the radio (as described above)
2. When a favorite station is tuned, push #5 (also labeled underneath as "memo") using a long press (not a short jab)
3. As the "CH" flashes in the display, push the desired number (1-0 ) to assign the station you chose with the number 1-0 on the face of the radio.
4. Then you need to lock into memory the station frequency with the button number you chose with a short duration push of the >II button.
5. Repeat the steps above to set the rest of the stations you want to correlate with a numerical button 1-0.
6. You can change listening to radio stations up or down the dial sequentially by pushing the I<< or >>I buttons.
7. You can also change radio stations up or down the dial by pushing the button 1-0 that you set as I described above, the buttons associated with specific stations. But--and don't ask me why--it takes a full six seconds after you press the number of the station you want to listen to for it to change. You're gonna grow old waiting between stations. Pretty aggravating.

But dang, I just can't stay mad at this little bas--rd. It's nice and small, compact, and it looks/feels well made, with nice haptics feedback. And this isn't just any ol' common small radio. It is also a digital recorder! Slip a micro card into its slot and it will record for hours! This is a big deal. It will record off the radio, or from your spoken words, or from an outside source, a source with a 1/8" plug or a micro USB plug. How cool is that. And during playback you can fast forward--fast back and pause. But good luck trying to get a good grasp on the various aspects of the recording function, same as with the radio.

Another thing I like about this radio is the sound. It is very, very good for such a small radio. High volume potential and quite balanced and clear; an over-achieving amplifier and speaker.

In summary, once I got a grasp on how it operates, I liked it. For its price, it is quite unique. But the user interface no doubt was designed by an alien from another planet. Be resigned to figuring out how it works.

I bought this radio just 5 days ago through Amazon. The features I was impressed by were:
1. Excellent sound for the size of the speaker.
2. Clear and easy MP3 operation.
3. Self-tuning of AM, FM and SW stations available in the area.
4. Fairly good instructions in English.
5. Good reception on radio.
6. 99 memory settings.
7. Small size is ideal for travel. It fits even in my shirt pocket.
8. The ability to record directly from the radio onto a micro memory card.
9. Line-in and stereo headphone outlets.
10. Clear digital readout of frequencies and MP3 song information.
Suggestions:
1. Do not expect to use this as an alarm clock. There is no clock in the radio. This is ok, because the battery will not be drained by a constantly running clock.
2. Read the instructions carefully and save them. A long push on a button will do something different than a short push. You can not possibly remember all the features available to you after reading the instructions just once.
3. The battery comes fully charged, but I would still charge it at least for two hours.
4. Get a neoprene case for the radio to protect it from rough surfaces when not in use.
5. If you don't use the radio for a month or longer, take the battery out.
6. Do not use large capacity memory cards because you will have a hard time locating songs. 4 GB cards will hold 1000 songs.
Dollar for dollar, this is an impressive little radio.
Since buying this radio, I purchased two others: Tivido MR-12 and Degen DE23. All three radios performed well, but the VITE SRW-710S definitely had the edge. With two speakers, the Degen had a more powerful sound, but it had manual tuning. The shortwave in both radios is superfluous because there are hardly any good programs on it. The Tivido accepts a 32 G micro card, that is a plus, but it has the weakest speaker.
I can speak only for these three comparable radios. The VITE costs slightly more, but it is worth the extra money.

I purchased this little radio, etc a couple of months ago. This is a great little radio.

Pros: 1. AM reception is quite good. 2. FM reception is excellent (pulls in all the stations my Grundig Satellite 750 does). 3. It plays MP3 from a mini SD card. Nice to have the name of the song, song number, etc show on the screen. When you turn the radio on, it begins at the point where you turned it off (in MP3 mode). 4. Battery life is very good-I get 15 to 18 hours play time on a charge and the set can be used while it is recharging. 5. The sound quality is excellent for such a small speaker-good bass and highs. 6. Construction is solid.

Cons:1. SW reception is just adequate, but I didn't buy the set for shortwave. 2. When I turn-on my set, the volume defaults to the mid-point, which is rather loud so don't have your earphones on. Perhaps this is a minor fault with my set, but it would be nice to have the volume default to a lower point.

All-in-all, this is an excellent radio/MP3 player. I have not used the record function as I have no need for the function. I have owned several other similar sets, but this one stands far above the others.

I just recently purchased a few portable radios for a job I have been on for some time. With the nature of this job I need a small pocket sized radio.
The 1st one I bought was a Jameson analog. But it arrived damaged and looked like it had been used before... Before I returned it I installed 2 AA batteries just to test it out. I live about 35 minutes north of Los Angeles and this radio seemed to get most of the major radio station pretty well. The sound was ok for the pocket size of this unit...kind if hollow but not too tinny if that makes sense.
The second one I bought as a replacement was the Sony icf-p36. When it arrived my first impressions were the simple design. This is definitely a sleek simple radio. Since it was a Sony I expected more than this thing put out. The reception was ok...but the sound was worse. While it put out a clean crisp sound on a strong radio signal, the sound was hollow and tinny even more than the previous radio. The sound I predominantly vocal. In other words this radio would be better to listen to talk radio over music. The sound in my opinion fell short and left me wanting more...
Now the Tivdio..
I gotta say I read all the reviews on this product and the majority of these are correct. The sound is impressive for the size and price. Really! This radio totally blows the 2 previous radios away! The sound is a lot fuller. The music is not all vocal. There is depth to the sound of this little unit. Don't get me wrong it's nothing super crazy, but compared to the other radios this thing is impressive. It comes with a little tab that sticks in the back that allows it to be leaned back. This seriously sounds good in my kitchen. I can't wait to hear it on the jobsite. It has a bunch of cool functions that in my opinion make it fun to play with. Takes some fiddling and reading the instructions to figure it out. The reception is better too! SD card reader, Good reception, rechargeable... Plus you can buy extra batteries online for this unit cheap! It also has a passive radiator on the back which gives it more depth of sound...
For the price this thing is totally worth it. Now time will tell how durable it is. Very impressed with this little unit!

Not long after getting the radio I have found it's my go-to listening device because it sounds good and is a reliable radio and digital player. What I like is that it's really solid for AM and FM reception, getting some stations clearly that my home radios can't pick up. The MP3 player shows the file name and length, and it's easy to input a file number and go right to it. Plays continuous, random or repeat. The Bass response is better than expected, has EQ settings, I am liking "classical" best. The other interesting feature is that you can hit the record button any time to make voice notes or record off the air, 3 diff quality settings but all good enough for most purposes. I also like the 1000 MaH lithium cell phone style battery that lasts all day for playback or you can run it off the standard micro USB charging input continuously. I love the digital tuning, so exact.

The only weird part is, you might already have noticed from other reviews, that the SW reception isn't that good. I tried a (30 ft) wire antenna clipped to the telescopic antenna, but couldn't find a thing on all the nicely accessible bands, even though the timing should have been good, well after sunset. It's like doing the lonely SETI search for intelligent life in deep space and coming up short, no one out there. The auto station sweeps don't find signals to stop on and manual tuning gets some static here and there, but it's not a rewarding use of this radio. It's possible that there isn't that much happening any more in SW, or everybody is going to sideband or other frequencies. Still, the other abilities of this audio companion easily outweigh this deficiency, for me anyway, esp at the price. If someone gets results from the SW bands I would like to know about it.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site