Thursday, July 11, 2019

July 11, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna from Fresh, non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts, 15-ounce (Pack of 2)

Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna from Fresh, non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts, 15-ounce (Pack of 2)

This stuff is heavenly. Rich, better than butter texture and flavor, barely, naturally sweet. Absolutely dreamy whipped in coffee, it adds a hint of sweetness. I don't use any sweetners or like sweet things, but a little of this can really balance out coffee. Yes: you may have to wait 20 minutes for this glorious tropical product that is delivered right to your North American door to soften in a pan of simmering water, and spend a few of those minutes gently flaking off solidified pieces with a fork and then stirring it to get it to its intended, blended consistency. Sometimes we need to put a few minutes of time into preparing some magnificent luxury from another part of the world that arrives to us without tons of processing and artificial stabilizers. Do the reviewers who complain about this ever cook food of any kind? If you're not aware of what BPAs found in the lining of cans do to your endocrine system, you should educate yourself. It's especially harmful to women because BPAs are a reproductive and ovarian toxin and bind to estrogen receptors in a way that's harmful- whether you want children or not this can cause you problems. Getting this minimally processed, delicious product from a distant part of the world in a glass container and spending 20 minutes waiting for it to be ready is a blessing.

This is so delicious! Great by itself- even a 1/4-1/2 tsp when I want a little sweet treat or to make tasty fudge, "mounds" bars and other treats. Awesome price for the 2 jars, fast shipping and great packaging too! I'll be buying this again I'm sure!
Directions say to set jar in hot water for 5-10 minutes to melt and then stir because the oil separates from the meat. Well, it took much longer than 5-10 minutes to do this. Once it did melt and I was able to stir it all together nicely, I poured it into 4 little glass jars I'd gotten at the dollar store. So now, if it separates, I'll only need to mix a small jar before using.

DELICIOUS! Like some other reviewers, I agree it is a pain to try and stir the Manna in the jar. BUT, I followed the directions for warming the closed jar in hot water (see the label). Then, after reading an on-line idea that someone had used candy molds to form pieces of the manna that made it easy to eat, I did something similar. After the manna had been warmed and I could stir the oil into the solids, I lined a cookie sheet with heavy non-stick aluminum foil, poured one jar of melted manna on the foil, then placed the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. When it had hardened, I broke it into irregular pieces (about 2" each), put some in a jar and put it in the refrigerator and the rest I put in zip bags and put in my freezer where they wouldn't be crushed. I then repeated it with the second jar. Now I can easily get as many pieces as I want and I just eat it as is. I 'm sure if you wanted to use it like peanut butter, you could just put some pieces on the bread and warm it a bit. SO delicious - faintly sweet with no added sugar - great healthy food. It reminds me of white chocolate. In fact, next time, perhaps I'll add some vanilla and a bit of Stevia before pouring/chilling. THANK YOU, NUTIVA for making it and AMAZON for making it available.

I have been diagnosed with several autoimmune conditions, one of which is AI Hepatitis & was just sick & tired of being sick & tired. That's where the autoimmune protocol diet came in.

I have been using organic Coconut Oil for a long time in cooking & to use with essential oils, but I never heard of coconut manna. Since my foods choices were limited on the AI Protocol, I did a lot of searching for recipes that fit the plan. Lots of the "desserts" used coconut butter or coconut mana, so I decided to give it a try. When I opened this jar it looked just like coconut oil & I was a little disappointed, but under closer exam, I noticed that the product had separated & just a 1/2 inch at the top was the oil. I put the jar into the microwave to soften it up & then stirred well. And that's where the magic happened! You can melt this to be thin like an icing or thicker like peanut butter, I like it both ways depending upon what I am using it for.

Loved the taste & texture. It's organic & AIP Approved so I am very happy. I have found several "sweet treats" that have really helped me stay compliant to the plan. I am also very happy that this product is in a glass jar, as I will probably have to heat it up when I use it each time & don't like using the plastic in the microwave!

While researching ketogenic diets I learned the difference between coconut butter versus oil.the coconut butter is the meat of the coconut TURNED and churned into butter simillar to milk turned into butter! This brand is organic came quick in glass jars superpadded and safe!!!! Delicious!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • NATURALLY EXTRACTED and NUTRIENT DENSE: Nutiva's all-natural Organic Coconut Manna is naturally extracted from the creamy white meat of fresh coconuts without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane or heat, and is rich in lauric acid and Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs).
  • PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna is an ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
  • ZERO TRANS FATS: Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna is an excellent, non-hydrogenated substitute for butter and spreads when gently heated, and it boosts the nutrition and taste of smoothies, desserts and sauces.
  • COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world's finest fresh, organic virgin coconuts and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet.
  • EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Manna is packaged in recyclable glass jars with resealable, non-BPA lids.

Description

Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna from Fresh, non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts is an incredibly tasty, whole food treat made of pure coconut flesh. You can enjoy this coconut butter straight from the jar, or warm it up to spread the goodness! This tropical melt-in-your-mouth treat is rich in lauric acid and Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), making it one of the world's most nourishing and versatile superfoods. Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna starts by sustainably harvesting organic, non-GMO Southeast Asian coconuts. Immediately after harvest, the fresh, creamy, white meat of the coconut is scooped out of the shell by hand and pureed using a USDA Certified Organic process--never hexane or other dangerous chemicals. The result is coconut butter with the creamy, fresh flavor of pure coconut. This aromatic, flavorful, and versatile spread is solid at cooler temperatures and becomes spreadable when warmed. It's perfect in smoothies, sauces, desserts and baked goods. Nutiva’s Organic Coconut Manna is a healthful addition to vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets. Nutiva was founded in 1999 with a single purpose in mind - to Revolutionize the Way the World Eats. Our role is to produce and promote organic, nutrient dense superfoods that are good for you and good for the planet. Social and environmental responsibility is a core part of Nutiva’s culture and business. From sourcing organic products, to obtaining fair trade certification, to greening our facilities and operations, to funding tree planting at schools in our local community, we are constantly seeking ways to better protect our environment and ensure a better quality of life for employees, customers, and the communities we serve.



OH MY WORD!!! AMAZING!!! This is like heaven in a jar. I'm so serious. If you are on Keto like I am or any low carb this will make you do a happy dance. It came really well packaged too which I was wondering how they were going to get it to us. Some people complained it was old when they got it but ours was fresh and wonderful! Will for sure order again!

As close as I am going to get to having a palm tree growing in my living room.

Coconut....

Fresh...

Organic...

Coconut...

When you get these, heat up the jar in a pan of hot water until you are able to stir. Be careful not to get any water inside the jar. Stir and stir well. Do not be tempted to use the coconut oil that has risen to the top as you need it to smooth out the harder creamed coconut in the jar. Stir it up well and use it whenever you want coconut.

It works REALLY well on frozen bananas. Drizzle a thin amount down a frozen banana, or drizzle a thicker amount (make sure the manna is warmed and stirred well) to coat a banana. It will harden quickly on the banana to make a coating that is more delicious than chocolate.

Do not dip fruit or anything into the jar as mixing anything in that isn't coconut will "ruin" the contents.

If at any time the manna becomes too hard to stir, even when warmed, add some good quality coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, until you reach the consistency that you want.

Tip, freeze a small metal pan, take it out of the freezer when you are ready for it, line it with a piece of parchment paper. Place some crushed macadamia nuts, hemp seeds, etc and pour some manna over it, thinly and the manna should just freeze over your items. It makes a great snack just like that! If you make it a bit too thick, just pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes or so, peal off the parchment and enjoy!

This, for me, is better than Artisana Coconut Butter and others I have tried earlier. It is better in taste, texture, and as snack. I take this alone as snack, and the taste, consistency, and texture are all superior to what I have tasted before. I also add this to my coffee and it makes coffee taste creamier and much better. I have settled for this brand, and will stop looking for another one. For gourmet coffee, add to brewed organic coffee, organic half and half, chocolate liqueur, Dagoba Organic chocolate, and Nutive Coconut Manna. Yummy!

I love this stuff! It is addicting, but there's nothing bad in it, so I don't feel guilty.

It is always separated when I get it, where the oil is on top and the coconut is rock hard on the bottom. I soak the jars in hot water for 20 minutes, dump it into my blender to blend it together and pour it into the jars. Stays smooth! People get discouraged with it coming separated but it's an easy fix.

I made a chicken and vegetable stir fry with curry powder and some of this coconut manna stirred in to thicken the veggie broth. Then I tossed in some soaked brown rice noodles. My family LOVED it!!!! We are seriously addicted.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site