Friday, July 12, 2019

July 12, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor with Display Port and HDMI Inputs

LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor with Display Port and HDMI Inputs

I had been looking for a 32 inch monitor for quite some time but I've been held back by the price point. Most of the 32 inch monitors that seemed decent quality started at $400/500 and up. When I saw this monitor show up on an Amazon search about a month ago I was very interested; however, this is a new product and there were no reviews on it so I was somewhat hesitant to purchase it. Nevertheless, I looked at reviews on other LG monitors and felt confident enough to get it. This monitor is connected to my 17inch MacBook Pro in a home office/study. It replaced two smaller Dell monitors that were positioned side-by-side. I use the monitor mostly for academic work, in other words I do a lot of reading, research, and writing, therefore, I was looking for a monitor that would give me sharp text. This LG monitor has some special settings for reader's mode but I didn't find them very appealing; Nevertheless, I found a setting that I found satisfactory. Overall I'm satisfied with the quality of the text displayed on the monitor. The monitor has one RGB connector and One HDMI. I was only able to get the 1080 resolution through the HDMI. The monitor is very bright and clear. I backed down the brightness to match my Mac display and to cut down on eye strain. An add-on to the monitor is a downloadable "OnScreen Control" program from LG that allows you to easily adjust the monitors settings. A feature I am especially happy with is the Screen Split function that allows you to partition the monitor in 10 different configurations. This allows documents or applications to be dropped into a certain area of the monitor and it automatically positions and sizes the document to that particular pane. At the time of this review I've only had the monitor for three days - so far so good. I had a problem when I tried to register the product online. This monitor is so new that LG doesn't have it listed in the drop down menu in the registration process. Consequently, the only way to register the product was to send in the registration card. I submitted the problem to LG. Overall, I'm very pleased with the monitor. I believe it is an exceptional monitor for the price.

The monitor is great. I'm tired of people making good products sound inferior because they think companies need to wait on them hand and foot. Listen, it's a $200, 32" monitor, that's essentially a steal. The reflective surface is a plus to me. It's brighter and shows the color more vividly.

See the pics (left LG reflective screen, right a matte 27" AOC (which was a steal too at $115)), the thing is so bright it lights up the entire room and is much better for charting/displaying small graphics.

Quit being a cry baby. And please stop making yelp, trip advisor, amazon and other review platforms your place for getting back at the world. I saw a review today of a person who complained, got a new product shipped, was refunded in full, and then they still gave a one-star review. Tell me how that is comstrictive or showing of a company? This, quite literally, is why companies have stopped doing these types of things; there isn't anyway of regaining their creditablity for one bad apple.

Okay, I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. Really like the monitor a lot. Was worried at first it might be too big, but it's not. In fact I could probably go bigger. I just love the screen real estate this monitor provides. I'm rating this as a 1080p monitor and not comparing it to other higher resolution versions. For what it is, it works great.

The only reason I knocked off a star is because I have some light leakage around the bottom and top of the screen. Definitely noticeable when on an all black screen, but not for the majority of the stuff I use the monitor for. But no one else is complaining of this issue, so I may have just gotten a slightly defective one.

Anyways, when I first got the monitor, like a few other reviewers, I wasn't thrilled with the image quality so I did a makeshift calibration which improved things quite a bit. I shared these settings with one other reviewer on here and they had a similar experience, saying it really made a difference for them as well, so I will proceed to share those settings.

Quick Settings

Brightness: 38
contrast: 39

(I know these are both pretty low, but for my environment it works. If I go too high on either, it causes eye strain. But start with around these numbers, and then once you punch all the settings in you can adjust these two to your liking)

Picture

Picture Mode: Custom
Super Resolution: Off
Sharpness: 60
Black Level: High
Response Time: Middle
Overscan: Off
DFC: Off ( you want this off, otherwise you can get a lot of fluctuating with the image)
Black Stabilizer: 30 (this is another setting you can adjust to your liking)

Color Adjust

Gamma: Gamma 2
Color Temp: Custom
Red: 64
Green: 53
Blue: 73

Six Color

Everything at 50 except the following:

Red Saturation: 52
Blue Saturation: 51
Yellow Saturation: 53

Keep in mind I sit about 2 and a half feet from the monitor. I hope these settings are helpful to others or at least a good starting point. Remember, every monitor's image is slightly different (even within the same brand/model #) and every one's eyes perceive things uniquely.

I read MANY reviews on this monitor prior to purchase, and came to the conclusion that the primary difference between the 5 star and 1 or 2 star reviews was user configuration of the monitor. I confirmed that while in the process of setting up my new monitor. Initially, I ahd problems setting the resolution to the max of 1920x1080, and saw what many of the critical reviews spoke about; fuzzy text, and poor quality overall.

Once I did all of the updates on my HP Z230 i7 Quad Core 3.9GHz 16GB RAM with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD with Win10 Pro and was able to set the 1920x1080, I was astounded at the quality that a $200 monitor was delivering. (Honestly, I woke up one morning and discovered that the resolution had changed. Go figure!)

This monitor is a winner, especially for a guy in his 50's who owns about a dozen reading glasses scattered around his environment. I do graphic design and video editing as a hobby (on another computer with 21:9 29 inch monitor) so am pretty sensitive to video/graphic quality on the screen. I have absolutely no complaints about this monitor. The only thing that would make it better is if I could set it to 3840x2160.

I definitely recommend this monitor for purchase.

01/16/2018 UPDATE: I've now purchased 3 of these monitors and am even more pleased with them than before.

Purchased two of these and I love them! However, I need to figure out how to color match the two monitors because the first one I purchased (this past December) has a little brighter, and crisper picture. I am sure this is something that can be adjusted through the settings, and it isn't bad enough to make me not like the monitors. I mounted both monitors to the wall above my desk, and I am super happy with my purchases.

***UPDATE - October 11th, 2017***

The second monitor that I purchased started to flash a very thin blue line across the bottom of the screen intermittently. The first monitor I purchased last December has never had this issue, however, the more recent purchase started doing this about a week or two ago. It isn't horrible, but it catches my eye every time it happens, and I worry it will get worse over time. These monitors as still mounted onto the wall and have never come off since installing them. I am hoping this issue is a simple fix and not something I am stuck having to deal with.

*** UPDATE - NOVEMBER 22nd, 2018 ***

I came back to look at the specs and figured I'd leave another update. The previously mentioned issue regarding a thin blue line intermittently occurring has stopped ever since I purchased a new desktop. Apparently, the older PC I was originally using had a faulty video port. I purchased my current PC around January of this year, and since then I haven't had one single issue with either monitor. I am super happy with these two monitors and recommend them to anyone looking for quality at a great price.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 32 inch full HD IPS monitor
  • Inputs: Display port, HDMI, d-sub, USB 2.0 (2), and USB 2.0 up
  • On-Screen control of monitor settings. Surface Treatment :Semi-Glare, 3H
  • Screen Split 2.0 for multi-tasking.Without Stand (WxHxD): 28.6" x 16.9" x 3.7";With Stand (WxHxD): 28.6" x 19.4" x 8.1"
  • Vesa-compatible for wall mounting. Wall mount size is 7.87 x 3.93 in inches
  • Refer user guide below

Description

The LG 32MA68HY-P is the affordable high-performance monitor professionals have been waiting for. The 32-inch Class screen (31.5" measured diagonally) provides 75% more Viewable area compared to a 24-Inch monitor. The full HD clarity and true Color reproduction of the 16:9 IPS panel enhance every project, even when viewed off-angle. The easy-to-use on-screen control enables quick optimization of monitor settings for the job at hand, while reader mode lessens eye fatigue and allows more comfortable viewing during extended work sessions. Screen split 2.0 is a multi-tasking Wizard, displaying as many as four different Windows at a time in 14 possible configurations for maximum productivity. The refined arc line design looks great in any office setting, and the wealth of input options meets virtually any peripheral demand.Pixel Pitch (mm):0.36375 x 0.36375



I've been using this monitor for a few months now. Took a gamble and pre-ordered it back in August. Best decision ever. I am not a colorphile (slightly color deficient anyway), so I was not looking for top dollar color gamut. Overall though, I have been very satisfied with the colors, image quality, and brightness of this monitor. Games look great (Rocket league, Borderlands 2, Battlefield 1). It has good port options, and even a built in hub if you choose to use it! Definitely has increased my work flow with the amount of windows I can have side by side, how easy it is to read text, and using it alongside my other monitor (25 in HP) for my dual monitor setup. And for programs where having all the space benefits the user, such as FL Studio, UE4, Blender, etc..., it has definitely been a pleasure to use. If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, look no further. If you are looking for a 4K, or 1 ms response time, 120 hz monitor with g-sync, then this is obviously not it. In the pictures, I originally had it wall mounted, but I took it down, and would recommend having it on your desk for a better experience, especially if you are going to be gaming.

When I first got the monitor, it looked "off", color looked washed, black looked grayish, tried adjusting brightness and contrast didn't solved the problem, adjust the color saturation is the wrong way to do it. So I read the manual, to my surprise the problem is the "Black Stabilizer", it basically brighten the black level and makes it gray, why does LG want to do that? LCD/LED monitor has a hard time to produce true black to begin with compares to CRT lol

Turn off "Black Stabilizer", to 0, and you will see much better contrast and better color!

This is an excellent monitor for the price. I was in the market for a large monitor. I only wanted to have one big display, and the resolution of HDTVs was not crisp enough to read the text on the screen. I tried a 42" vizo 1080i, and a 39" samsung. I saw this monitor on amazon, and I was weary about the size. I wanted somthing pretty big for the realestate. Before I get into the monitor details, I will explain my set up. I sit in front of my monitor, about 4 ft away. and the monitor sits on a IKEA desk. Its a pretty basic setup. It is located in a dark(er) corner of my TV room so I dont have to worries about a lot of extra light. In this case it is both a blessing and a curse. Ill start with the things I like about this monitor. It is VERY bright, the whites are stark white, no yellow or blue tinting, which I like. I am a pretty good judge of color and shades. Im sensitive to flickering and monitors that are too bright. Although Im not very savvy about refresh rates or response times. To me the refresh rate and response time is fine, its not sluggish or slow at all. Now for the things I dont like: I had to tweak the settings so that it wasn't so bright, and still its quite bright. My desk is wobbly and so is this monitor, the slightest wiggle will be noticeable, the stand seems steady but because it is in the middle, wobbliness is noticeable. Finally the middle of the screen seems to be ever so slightly brighter than the outside edges. But this could just be my perception. Overall I would highly recommend this panel. I wish they would make bigger ones 40" or larger. I also have not tried any games on it yet. Only a few Photoshop projects.

Great monitor for the price. I actually got mine for around $184 around Christmas time. Simply cannot beat that price for a 32" monitor. Beautiful design, vibrant colors. Love the multiple options to change my screen configuration and different screen viewing modes. I really like the Reader 2 setting as it dims the screen and creates more of a paperback look that is very easy on the eyes when you spend a lot of time in front of the screen like I do. The surface of the screen is glossy and there is a little bit of reflection, but as long as you don't have a bright light or window directly behind you, it won't be a bother. I plan to purchase a couple more down the road.

I don't usually say awesome Got'a make an exception. Awesome. I am visually impaired, and need a huge super sharp monitor to have any chance of it being useful in combination with my screen magnification software (Zooomtext). I was using a 1080p HD Hanns-G 30" monitor that, from the beginning, seemed washed out a blurry. I had always chalked that up to over-sizing the monitor and lack of better resolution. So, when that monitor began to crap out, I bought a highly rated 28" 4K Samsung monitor. It was a little better, but not much, and was still in 1080p HD. I took my computer to my local PC tech with the intent of upgrading the video card. Something that would be compatible with 4K UHD. He assured me it would not make any difference, and that in his opinion the image was already very sharp. He said I was stuck with that because it was my Zoomtext software and not the resolution of the monitor, or the signal being sent by the computer. So, I figured I should return the expensive 4K UHD monitor, and look for the biggest 1080p HD monitor I could find at a reasonable price. I picked this LG 32MA68HY-P for it's more glossy screen which I know is better for my bad vision. Other factors were the great reviews, the price, the multitudes of connections, and the fact that the connections are easy to see and access being flush on the back of the monitor rather than the usual practice of upside down and vertical where you can't see them or get to them without being a contortionist. I also really like the onscreen control set up which is by far the easiest,most ergonomic, and intuitive I've ever seen. This monitor also has a setting for "weak color vision". Again, for someone with central vision blindness, my color vision stinks, and this setting does seem to help a little. Other low vision features include100 x 200 VESA mounting capability (so I can put it on a desk mount swingarm to get the screen right up to my nose), and blue reduction reader more (so far I have to found that to be useful). My one complaint so far? For some reason the visible portion of the screen stops 1/2" to 3/4" from the bezel, reducing the effective screen size from 31.5" diagonal to 29" diagonal. I sure hope this is just an adjustment issue that I can't find in the owner's manual. I otherwise love this monitor, and I'd be really disappointed to find out this problem is either normal or a defect requiring it to be returned.

Update. The problem with the "black border" turned out to be a corrupted video card in my computer. Solid 5 stars. Best monitor ever! Again, if you are visually impaired, seriously consider this monitor. I'll update again if I do have any problems.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site