Wednesday, July 10, 2019

July 10, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Garmin Striker 4 with Portable Kit

Garmin Striker 4 with Portable Kit

Well, mixed reactions. The unit and overall package is slick. Like it a lot. On the other hand the instructions leave much to be desired. After going into a catatonic for a week after I looked into the box, I gave it a try. No too bad but if you don’t watch the u-tube videos you may be sunk (so to speak.). The main problem is they make lots of assumptions, like you have done this before. Wrong. The main issue is that the are a couple of key parts that need explaining. The domed assembly that holds the finder simply attatches to the round depression on the mount. The domed piece that is supposed to be mounted to the base has a rotating piece on the bottom that pops out to be mounted on the top, not the bottom as it appears. The point is, check out the videos to make your life easier. Shame on Garmin for such shabby instructions.

Loved that the first time I used it I was able to mark fish under the ice. Was fishing 16foot and caught a dozen fish. Took 1 star away due to the transducer had quit reading a couple times. The transducer that comes with portable kit isn’t made for ice fishing but it does work decent, just isn’t able to get full angles of bottom structure. Worked well enough for me to catch some fish tho!

This model is indeed portable. You carry the battery within the provided carrier. The back opens up to provide access to the battery. The terminals attach directly to the battery. That part I would change and would prefer an AB switch of some sort to preclude having to physically detaching connectors in order to charge the battery. I came up with a makeshift sleeve to hang overboard the transponder in the dinghy. I don't have much confidence in the long term adhesion the suction cup provides. If it was on the transom and gave way it would become part of the propeller for a short time. I going to try a C clamp to hold my makeshift sleeve to support the transponder reliably. My use is in exploring and using as a depth sounder while anchoring. I've used it for 2 weeks straight and it appears to be providing me with accurate info.

I have tried the fish finders with the floating bulb transponders and have been disappointed. I can understand why Garmin went with the connected cord.

Great unit, just what I needed for my small boat and I can use it ice fishing. The battery lasted two days in my boat, and it recharges well. The GPS is great and shows speed on the main screen. It even shows the time of day! And the transducer comes with a large suction cup which I attach to the transom of my boat and it stays on up to 19 mph, my top speed. Overall very pleased with this unit and recommend it to anyone looking for a portable depth finder/GPS.

This is a little gem. Made ice fishing so much more enjoyable. If you are on the fence. Do it. Worth it.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The power of simple - offers a keyed interface with dedicated buttons. The device is easy to use and easy to install. Available in 3.5-, 5- and 7-inch display sizes.
  • Waypoint map - use the waypoint map to easily view, mark and navigate to locations such as brush piles, stumps and docks.
  • Chirp sonar - chirp sends a continuous sweep of frequencies which provides a wider range of information. Chirp sonar is able to create crisper fish arches with better target separation.
  • Built-in flasher - view your sonar data in the classic flasher format; Ideal for ice fishing or vertical jigging.

Description

Following in the success of the STRIKER fish finder series, Garmin is proud to announce the new STRIKER fish finders with ClearVü technology. These devices are designed to allow you to mark your favorite fishing spot and easily navigate back to it tomorrow, saving you time and money. STRIKER series fish finders are available in 3.5-, 5- and 7-inch display sizes.Display resolution:480 x 320 pixels



This is a great fish finder and GPS unit for kayaking. The battery itself is water tight, but for added protection I encased mine in a waterproof box that easily fits into the carrying bag. Suction cup on transducer works great, sometimes too great and you have to pry it off with your fingernails. Definitely would buy again.

This works great on my Kayak. I took one star away since I cannot get the suction cup mount to stick anywhere, but I ended up just using the float and tossing it over the side.

This is a great package deal. You get three ways to mount your transducer, a mount/bag combo with storage for the unit, battery, and charger. The bag was much nicer and better designed than I expected. The unit itself is exactly as expected. It’s my first fish finder and I researched it beforehand. As far as I can tell it has most features the average angler needs. If you are trying to decide between the bare unit and this kit, go with the kit! You’ll be ready to fish as soon as you unbox.

Great finder. It has all the features of one double its price. The only downside is its screen size, as it really needs to be close for you to see whats going on. It works for what I need now, but will most likely replace it with a larger screen model

Used ice fishing I did not expect much and was very happy. Can use as flasher or normal mode. I used as flasher could see bait going down fish did not want bait dropped in amongst themselves stopped it couple feet above and could watch the come up for bait

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site