Monday, July 8, 2019

July 08, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Fintie Slimshell Case for Kindle Paperwhite - Fits All Paperwhite Generations Prior to 2018 (Not Fit All-new Paperwhite 10th Gen), Black

Fintie Slimshell Case for Kindle Paperwhite - Fits All Paperwhite Generations Prior to 2018 (Not Fit All-new Paperwhite 10th Gen), Black

If you called me a Kindle fanatic, you would be right. Over the past few years, I have owned several, as well as given a few more as gifts. Wherever I go, I have a Kindle with me so that if I have downtime or have to wait in line or at an appointment, I can be reading. Yes, I have owned and used a number of cases for a variety of Kindle models, some good and some not so good. My favorite case was a Cole Haan supple leather case for my first Kindle Keyboard that set me back well over $100. (I still love it today, although it does not fit any Kindle that I own today other than the non-working Keyboard Kindle it holds now.). The Fintie case is a very close second place.

The hard shell case has a very slim profile and feels very good in my hand, light, yet strong. It closes securely with an unseen magnetic catch and when opened, turns the Kindle on, a feature that I really like. The cover folds back, maintaining the thin profile, for comfortable one-handed reading. The case also has a nicely designed kickstand, a feature I do not use and which is unimportant to me. The very best feature is the stippled, non-slip exterior that provides a pleasant tactile experience while protecting my new Kindle Paperwhite, critical for a person having a propensity for falling asleep whle reading sitting up in a chair. Already my Fintie case has kept my Kindle damage free after having been dropped at least a half-dozen times on unforgiving ceramic tile floors. Interiors of both front and back covers are sueded and look and feel good, all the while protecting the screen and Kindle body. Design and appearance are very important to me. OK, I am a picky person, but I take very good care of the things that I own and they, in turn, last a long time. Lastly, the Fintie came in what turned out to be a wonderful rosy shade of red. Did I mention that all of my Kindle covers have been red so that I could easily locate my reader in the depths of my very large handbags?

The Fintie Kindle Case arrived in a timely fashion and was well-packaged. It was priced right, is slim, yet light and sturdy,
feels comfortable whether reading with one hand or two, is very well-made and good looking. It performs exactly as promised... even better than. I not only recommend it, I would buy this case again — maybe in another shade of red.

Update: my grand dog, a puppy still, gently took my Kindle off my lap when I had fallen asleep. Later, I found my Kindle with Fintie case on the floor in another room. Hina had done a number on it, chewing the cover of the case,
completely stripping the sueded lining from the inside front cover. Although I found bits of the red case but no lining, she must have swallowed it. The great news is that my Kindle suffered two tiny indentations on the upper left margin. The rest was still in perfect condition after what was at least an hour of teething by a five-month old black Lab puppy. The Fintie case is amazing. I have ordered another exactly like the first, in red. You meed this case if you want your Kindle to be bulletproof—or puppy proof. It is without a doubt the very best Kindle case I've owned. And I have owned many.

Update: I have had this case for over a year and a half and it still looks and works like new. It’s worn a bit of course, and softer but there are no rips, tears, or damage and I still use it nearly everyday. If you take care of yours, this case will last!

I am very impressed with this case! It closes easily with the magnet, folds all the way back for easy one handed reading. It's BEAUTIFUL, great quality materials. Love this case. I'm a researcher and looked at cases for over a day before deciding to bite the bullet on this one. So glad I did. The perfect case for my Kindle paperwhite.

Amazon has lumped the reviews of several types of Fintie Paperwhite cases so this is for the ZA-Vintage Blade Series of cases. I have tried the others and this one is the best. It comes in several colors and I like them all. None look like the pictures but the actual colors of the different cases are all attractive.

Some specific comments: The magnets work on the Paperwhite to wake/sleep the device. The edges are not sharp on the fingers as many other cases are. The case is lightweight and has a nice soft felt covering on the interior which makes it comfortable to hold while reading.

I liked this case so well that I ordered the other colors to swap with once in a while depending on my mood. I recommend this case for the Paperwhite.

Odd as it might sound, this cover seems to transform my Kindle - makes it feel like an old treasured book that I can take with me. Must be how some people feel about carrying around an old Bible perhaps. Not sure what it is other than the high quality which was unexpected for this price. My old 5th generation Kindle and case had no comparative feeling like this one imparts. Purely an emotion based rating as the case simply does what it's supposed to do. I'm finding myself using this new Kindle Paperwhite with this new cover more often than my old Kindle - a great deal of it having to do with this case! The new Kindle by itself felt unremarkable until I put it in this case, then it transformed. Go figure. Sometimes there are things in life that don't quite make sense that way - a purchased item that makes a personal connection like this, compared to something very similar that ended up spending most of its life in a drawer. No, I'm not high nor have I ever used drugs with regards to my gushing over the synergy of my new Kindle & case. 1+1 = 5.

I would like to say that I chose this SmartShell Case after careful consideration and exhaustive research, but I'd be lying my butt off. While looking for a cover for my new Paperwhite I saw the marble print design and thought "Oh, I like that. One-click purchase." That was pretty much the entire extent of my due diligence.

I held off writing a review of this case until after I'd had it for awhile (about a month) because, frankly, when I first got it it seemed a little flimsy and perhaps "delicate". It's very thin and light weight (though I'm not sure weight is a major concern here). I have no major complaints to date.

So far it has held up very well. I carry my Paperwhite with me just about every day, sometimes tucked safely in my carrier bag but more often than not roughly shoved into whichever pocket is empty and accesible. The case is fairly rugged and offers a reasonable amount of protection (and looks very cool - love the marble-print!).

My only complaint with this case is that it is so thin that my thick sausage-like fingers often fumble at the magnetic strip that holds the case closed and it takes me two or three tries to get it open. It's not a major problem. More a design flaw with my hands rather than with the case itself.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend, colleague, or even just a random stranger. It's a good case.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Designed exclusively for Amazon Kindle paperwhite (fits all versions: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 all-new 300 ppi versions with 6" Display and Built-in light, will not fit All-New Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation-2018, Kindle or Kindle touch)
  • Made from durable synthetic leather with soft interior to prevent Scratches
  • Super slim and Ultra lightweight edition. Protect your Device without adding unnecessary bulk or weight
  • Wake or put your Device to sleep by opening or closing the cover. Magnetic clasp ensures cover is securely closed, secures your Device without straps covering the front
  • Available in a variety of bright and Fun colors

Description

Fintie Slimshell Case for Kindle Paperwhite - The Thinnest and Lightest PU Leather Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake for all-new Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (Fits all 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 Versions), black - EKD0021AD-US



My cat puked on my comforter, and I didn't realize I'd bundled my Kindle into the wash load until I was taking the comforter out of our front-load washer. I was horrified, thinking my Kindle had been broken, and I realized the banging I'd heard had been my Kindle going through the spin cycle.

Amazingly, my Paperwhite Kindle still works. It's not damaged at all. The cover is a little waterlogged, but it looks like it will dry out with no damage too.

I am shocked and thrilled. Thank you, Fintie, for making a quality product.

(Also, the cover is beautiful, inexpensive, easy to hold, and doesn't add much weight.)

Just got this today but it seems like a decent little case so far. You get what you pay for so don't expect Otter box levels of protection but it seems like it'll be fine for everyday use. On the upside of that, this case adds almost no extra bulk. The front cover seems like it's hard enough to protect the screen but I still wouldn't take the chance of putting something heavy on top of it. The material is very obviously plastic based. If you are looking for leather or a leather look/feel, this is not the case for you. That said, it is beautiful. The colors are bright and crisp. The lining is soft and won't scratch the kindle or screen. There was another review about the magnet turning the kindle off when the cover is folded back, but mine stays on like it's supposed to. If there's anything I don't like about this case from first impressions, it's the spine. It feels like it might be the first place to wear out or crack from the cover being bent back. But it was less than $20 and seems like it'll still wear relatively well.

I've purchased from this listing several times for my Kindle Paperwhite and have always been mostly pleased with these covers. I feel like these cases are the best value among the Paperwhite case listings on Amazon. The designs are fun and unique, and they continue to add new designs to the listing so that when I go back to order a replacement, there are new designs to pick from. The Kindle Paperwhite fits snugly into the case; while it is easy to pop it in, it does not move around in the case at all, creating a secure fit. The auto-awake feature works perfectly, turning my Paperwhite on every time I open the cover. I've dropped my Paperwhite SEVERAL times in the years that I've owned it and never once have I broken my device, so either the Paperwhite is just that indestructible or the case provides a great amount of protection. There are only two downsides to these cases, both of which are minor. I've not used a single case for much more than a year; the spine of the case tends to wear out well before any other part of the case, becoming weak and cracked and the design fades away. Not a big issue, since I don't have a problem just replacing the case once a year at the price point these are offered at. The other issue is that it is difficult to remove the Paperwhite from the case; the advantage of having the Paperwhite fit snugly in the case is also a disadvantage when it comes time to switch the cases out. I'm always a little afraid I'm going to break my Paperwhite in half trying to tug it out of the case - obviously, I haven't so far, but I would caution being careful when removing your device from the case. Otherwise, I do really like these cases and will continue to purchase from this listing for my Kindle Paperwhite.

This case is very well made and fit my 2016 Paperwhite perfectly. I ordered rose gold. The case I received doesn't look like rose gold to me. It looks more like beige. I am not sure if it's the wrong case, or the Rose Gold is beige looking. Either way, it's not what I expected to get, and not what it looks like in the picture. I am still giving it 4 stars, because it is very well made. UPDATE: So after using this case for a while now,(one year) I can now say it is extremely durable, and holds up very well. In fact, it still looks brand new. However, I was never really happy with the (what looked to me like) beige-y color, so I ordered a different case. Fine, except now I can't get this case off! Seriously! I have changed cases multiple times on other kindles with no problem at all, but this case will NOT budge. I am afraid I will break my paperwhite if I use the force that is going to be needed to remove it. :( So if you buy this case, make sure you love it before you put it on, because trust me when I say it is going to be a permanent decision!

First impressions of course can not have comments about durability. The fact that the case is metal impressed me. It has a textured (vinyl?) finish which I much appreciate. I have another ebook in a leather case and for me and my aged hands this cover, frankly, is easier to maintain a grip on. The device slipped into the case and with just the right amount of finger pressure "clicked" into place. A hunch tells me that the ereader is not going to be falling out of the case if I should accidentally fumble-finger it. The control switch and micro USB opening on the bottom is large enough for me to use without hassle, I folded the cover back to try out single-handled reading and I rate this cover as being easier on the hands the "other: ereader leather case. For me the lighter weight is a telling bonus. But then, younger folks may not have these issues. I realize a vinyl finish atop a metal case means I have to take care not to abuse the finish by sliding it over a hard and rough service.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site