Monday, July 15, 2019

July 15, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour, 3 Pound

Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour, 3 Pound

I eat a ketogenic diet for mental clarity. Bread or anything with flour in it just ruins my ability to think. For a while I thought I would need to give up bread forever. After I found this I realize that isn't the case at all.

I use this to make anything that would normally require wheat flour. (Bread, pancakes, etc...)

Buying a 3 pound bag here is the same price as a 2 pound bag at Whole Foods. So yeah... getting it here from now on!

I've used this to make diabetic ketogenic friendly pizza dough and bread. It's perfect.

I typically eat 100% organic, but have been wanting to bake with almond flour. It's very difficult to find organic almond flour, so I contacted Bob's Red Mill to see if they use PPO, and got this response, "The almonds used for the Almond Flour and Natural Almond Flour are not treated with propylene oxide." Very glad to have found almond flour I can use. Tastes amazing and is great for baking.

I can't love this stuff enough. They make perfect Macarons. I do sift twice but I probably don't need to. Highly recommend this product to macaron makers everywhere!!!

I was pleasantly surprised with how good this product was. I recently began a ketogenic diet and am gluten intolerant so this was an awesome way for me to have bread, breadsticks, cookies, etc. again. I never thought I could eat those products again and am thrilled to have found such a good alternative! It's super-finely ground which is great also, because some are more coarse and end up having a gritty texture after baking. This is not the case for this flour. Everything turns out great on the first try! It comes with a recipe for chocolate cookies and I use that recipe pretty frequently; just an added bonus from the packaging of this product.

I was happy with my purchase. The expiration date of my package has a date of Oct 2017 or 9 months from the time of purchase. The price is very good, however, there is a problem with the product listing at the time of MY purchase. The product listing's photo shows a 1lb bag. In case you are purchasing a combined order with a friend do note what you might or will receive as I did, is a single 3-LB larger bag. It may not be three separate 1lb bags like the photo implies. If you are purchasing for yourself, then it probably won't be an issue. But if you are splitting the order with a friend or you won't be using 3lb at one time, you might have to pour the package contents into a container capable of holding what would be left of the 3lb bag of almond flour.

Having said the above, Bob's Red Mill Amond Flour is good quality stuff.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • One, 48 oz. bag (3 lbs.)
  • Gluten Free; Vegan; Vegetarian; Paleo Friendly; Kosher Pareve
  • Manufactured in a dedicated gluten free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten free
  • Excellent source of Vitamin E and magnesium; Good source of dietary fiber
  • Dairy-free; Grain-free

Description

Bob's Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour is a single-ingredient, grain-free almond meal made from whole, skinless blanched almonds and nothing more. Its moist texture and rich, buttery flavor make it a great addition to your baking recipes. Try it in pie crusts, cakes, or as breading for chicken, fish or veggies – or try your hand at making grain-free pancakes and macarons with it.



Great for making nut crackers. NUT CRACKERS If chips are the most addictive snacks around then crackers are a close runner up. These nut crackers are rich and satisfying and loaded with protein and heart healthy fat. So snack away! INGREDIENTS: 2 cups fine almond meal 1 teaspoon baking soda 1–2 tablespoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning 1 cup finely grated Parmesan or Romano cheese 2 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons water SERVINGS: A dozen or so crackers INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to form a moist, sticky dough. Add more water or oil if needed. Using wet hands, place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using your fingers, flatten the dough out into a thin rectangle measuring about 10x8. Sprinkle a little sea salt on top if desired. Bake for 15 minutes or until dough becomes dry and golden in appearance. Remove and cool on a wire baking rack. Once the dough is cooled (and this is important, because it becomes very brittle right out of the oven) use a pizza cutter to create crackers. If not consuming immediately, be sure to store in an air-tight container.

I'm eating a lot by Keto guidelines and only almond or coconut flours are allowed. This flour doesn't seem very fine to look at but it is not gritty to cook when cooked. The bag is unique also with a velcro type closure rather than a ziploc type. It's just easier.

I use this for French macarons. It is the best almond flour I have used. The texture is very fine and it tastes great. I still run it through my ninja food processor with the powdered sugar when making macarons, just to give it that even mix.

Bobs red mill almond flour is amazing. This flour allows me to eat all the things I used to eat but in a low carbohydrate version. Don't just buy one bag because If you are like me and you want to be healthier you will keep reordering this. Many times I go to Target and they are all sold out so this is my go to ordering system for almond flour. I have to say I have made cakes, cookies, biscuits and so much more with this flour and I have been able to trick my husband many times into eating my healthier versions without the slightest idea I used this flour.

I am insulin resistant and started Keto two weeks ago. Giving up flour made bread and such was no big deal to me but I do like the occasional mug cake or a bagel. I found a Chocolate Mayo mug cake recipe that I just had to try, it called for this almond flour and omg so yum it came out and just 3 net carbs HELLO lol. This stuff is a wonderful substitute and so much healthier. I was going to order the 5 pound bag as I plan on doing some bread for hub but opted for the 3 pound size. Three pounds is a lot standing here looking at it I was surprised! If your low carb or Keto or just eating cleaner you won’t be disappointed. I made the fathead dough buns for hamburgers my spouse didn’t notice any difference except they were homemade and very tasty. Happy wife with chocolate mug cake, happy hub with healthy fresh made bread, win win!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site