
I found a recipe on social media for a vinegar and dawn dish soap to dissolve bathtub buildup. I was immediately inspired to try it on my nightmare tub that was not in the budget to replace yet. This product is not sold locally so Amazon was my only known option. This item shipped in a gallon jug and was not round. The recipe called for the name brand Heinz (over $65 for 6% on Amazon) and this one got great ratings so for $24.95 and prime shipping, it was my go to choice. I immediately put it to use in the bathroom that's caused me headache since we purchased our home. I'll post the recipe at the end. It's important to note that this is 30% not the 6% in the recipe called for so diluting it some (maybe a lot) is necessary. I still needed a gas mask and my eyes burned really bad. I left it on the tub for 30 minutes before I had to rise because it was too strong. I did have to scrub/wipe some but not alot and it melted grime that I've never been able to remove (hard water I'm thinking). I had some left so I used it on floor grout that I've spent hours upon hours trying to clean with various other cleaners (at one time, pure bleach and no results). It took care of it in less than 10 minutes. I'm seriously impressed and now thinking of putting some in the carpet cleaner. I'll def use it some in laundry (thinking a 1/2 cup per large load), I'll make my own glass cleaner, and who knows what else! I've used vinegar in laundry for years to get rid of sour smell of wet towels or if you forget and leave a load in the washer -- yikes! I'll post some pics of my tub (not perfect yet but it will be when I have more time to dedicate to it) .... and the actual product I received. It's important to note when looking at the pics that we're on a well and have serious hard water issues. You can clean for hours and still have poor results. The first3 pics are before and the last two are after.
Bathtub cleaner - use equal amounts. The recipe called for 1 cup of Cleaning Vinegar (the recipe was using 6% but the product I used was 30% so dilute with water ... I used 1 cup water hot tap water, 1 cup vinegar 30%, 1 cup dawn. Heat the vinegar and pour into your 24+ oz spray bottle (I heated in glass measuring cup for 1 min in microwave). Use a good spray bottle (definitely good one because you don't want to be struggling to spray due to smell). Add your blue dawn to your cleaning vinegar and shake. It will be a little thick. Spray tub and leave on for one hour. Have the fan in the bathroom on and the door open. This will be strong. Take breaks if necessary. I used almost the entire bottle on my stall tub. ***Warning*** -- hard water grime = traction! My tub is very slick now and necessary to use tub traction aides such as mats or stickers.
I bought this as an alternative to RoundUp. We have a gravel driveway that gets covered by weeds in our rainier weather (East Hawaii) and my husband threatens to attack it with RoundUp a couple times/year. I've tried the dish soap/salt concoction which works fine but I've had to replace the sprayer jug a couple times because it gets gunked up and rinsing it after use doesn't help. I've found this vinegar to be a good replacement. Used the whole gallon on our relatively long driveway and the rock edging along the yard. It had rained the night before but we made sure hot hot sun was in the forecast for the rest of the day. Within hours we could see the weeds starting to wilt and turn brown. Within a week everything was pale yellow/white. Husband-approved. I'm buying more now to assist with an overgrown area from some trees we had cut down last year.
I bought this the first time with trepidation for killing weeds and overgrown vegetation because of the amount of money already spent on commercial weed killers that would not work. To my amazement, this stuff is awesome and kills, kills, kills everything I sprayed. The first gallon I bought was 20% pure and I diluted it witth 1/2 gallon of water to net 15% acidity. To this I added one cup of citrus dregreaser (Zep) per gallon into my sprayer. This time, I bought the 30% acidity so I could use 1:1 vinegar and water plus the citrus liquid to make two gallons. I will not ever buy another commercial weed killer since this is 100% effective taking care of business. I have been fighting with weeds for three years in areas that have rocks in the yard from the previous owner and found the fabric below the rocks have rotted. This prevents granular and liquid weed control from reaching the dirt and only certain weeds died from contact on the leafy part of the plant. This vinegar destroys the weeds just from contact on the plant. I LOVE this stuff!!
I have read too many terrible things about the dangers of using round up and other toxic herbicides. I tried this vinegar and it works fantastic. I added the full gallon of vinegar and a few ounces of Pure Cold Presses Orange Oil Concentrate to a sprayer. Within 24 hours the crab grass, broad leaf weeds, and stray grass all were turning yellow and wilting. 3 days later they were completely dead. I like this environmentally friendly weed kill and it smells great when the orange is added.
Great on weeds . This mixed with orange oil burns the plant it is sprayed on, thereby killing it. Plants that regenerate from a root system, like bindweed, will need continued spraying as new plants emerge in nearby locations. Be careful to not spray on plants you want to keep. Drift can occur with the slightest breeze.

Feature Product
- THE ALL-NATURAL ALTERNATIVE - Derived naturally from corn grown in the USA. Use all-natural vinegar for cleaning, deodorizing, gardening, laundry, chrome polishing, grease removal, etc.
- AMAZINGLY MULTI-PURPOSE - Use vinegar in your home and garden. Clean carpet stains, furniture, car seats, chrome, laundry, appliances, etc.
- STRONGER THAN REGULAR WHITE VINEGAR - 6x more concentrated than traditional 5% white vinegar. Use with discretion. Can be used at full strength for tough jobs, or diluted with water to create a gentler formula.
- COMPLETELY PURE FORMULA - Made with corn, which is distilled into corn alcohol (ethanol). The mixture is then fermented and put through a filtration process to create vinegar. Contains no dyes or chemicals. Free of additives and VOCs.
Description
Tired of using bleach and ammonia for cleaning? Try using 30% Pure Vinegar, the safe and natural option. 30% vinegar is the strongest concentration of vinegar available to consumers.
This powerful vinegar solution is typically reserved for agricultural and industrial tasks, like stone cleaning and heavy grease removal. However, 30% vinegar can be diluted with water and used for house cleaning.
Stop using bleach-there's simply no need! Clean and deodorize your home the natural way with Pure Vinegar. One bottle of vinegar can replace a whole cabinet's worth of those harmful products. Not only will you feel better about what you're using around your kids, but you will also see better results.
Whether you want a handy garden helper or a powerful household cleaner, you can trust 30% Pure Vinegar to get the job done-naturally. Order today.
Directions
DIRECTIONS: Use with caution. Mix with water to create a gentler solution for everyday cleaning and stain removal. 30% vinegar is six times stronger than regular white vinegar (5%). Use undiluted for tasks that require an industrial-strength formula.
Horticultural Vinegar was recommended to us by our master gardener landscaper to control the "winter weeds" that come up in rainy season - they look like four-leaf clovers and actually have a bulb-like underground structure that makes them difficult to pull or eradicate. Bonus is that it won't kill your dirt like round-up or the DIY solutions that have salt.
This stuff was amazing - we added a couple of squirts of dish soap so it would "stick" better to the plants and within an hour the little buggers were brown and dried up. A month later, we haven't had as many as previous tries come back. He said that over time we'll be able to kill off the root system and not have them at all ... looking forward to that! Just be sure to not get it on plants you want to keep - we put a pot over them when spraying and didn't have a problem. If you do over-spray, just cut those leaves so that the vinegar can't absorb into the plant.
Noxious stuff but it really does a great job! Added some dish soap to help it stick to the leaves of the weeds. Used a pump sprayer. Wore heavy duty latex gloves, glasses, closed toe shoes and pants. You do NOT want this stuff anywhere on you! Be careful on walkways or other surfaces close to plants. The wind can carry and kill. Bottom line: Say goodbye to nasty Roundup and use this stuff instead!
I diluted this in half [to 15%] with water, added 1 tablespoon orange oil and 1 tablespoon dish soap. Dumped that mixture into my sprayer and it worked extremely well killing weeds. Be sure to spray when it's sunny. Also you'll get the best results if there is no rain 24 hours before and after application.
Works better than any synthetic herbicide I've used.
Clear shower doors are clear once again! We have a terrible problem with water spots...no other product has even come close to putting a dent in the grime. This is amazing. Spray on, put a paper towel over it, spray the paper towel, let sit, then wipe off. Spots are GONE. Doors are crystal clear and squeaky clean.
WARNING: You will absolutely need gloves and a mask (or VERY good ventilation). It works, but it is VERY strong.
This is marvelous weed killer, it clears out drains and cleans garbage disposals. Microwave a small dish of it and it dissolves the toughest stuck on gunk. So useful! But be sure you respect this stuff! Wear gloves and don't inhale the fumes. It may be "just vinegar," but it's still a strong acid. Use caution in handling!







0 comments:
Post a Comment