Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 30, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Gatorade Thirst Quencher Powder, Lemon Lime, 76.5 Ounce,Pack of 1

Gatorade Thirst Quencher Powder, Lemon Lime, 76.5 Ounce,Pack of 1

my son has high school basketball practice 6 days a week for 2 hours...i knew the last thing he wanted to do was add more water weight to his school bag so what i did was find two 32oz bottles and I make one for during the day and one for practice
cost wise you can't compare and since he drinks 2 a day that would been at least a savings of $2 to $4 dollars a day...plus the gatorade bottles you get from Costco or Sam's Club are either 18oz or 20oz size bottles much smaller...this way he just takes the empty bottle with the powder and just adds water when he needs it at school...on top of that he has a water bottle so I keep him hydrated...hint by the different flavors so it doesn't get boring...the 32oz bottle works best as it's the right size for 1 scoop of powder...hint 2 you don't need the shaker bottles the powder mixes very easy

Ok, so we bought the three pack of Gatorade powder so we could make a two quart pitcher when we need it for sports days or just for basic hydration. We have three boys and, while water is obviously the best choice, having this as a flavored option is better than most other drink alternatives. We had historically bought a thirty pack of the 12oz (355ml) bottles at a warehouse club for about $18 and, while that was a pretty good buy, mixing our own powder works out to about 20% of the price. Granted, it is a bit less delicious as the powdered version loses some of the taste when it gets reconstituted at home (do not dare accuse me of mixing in the wrong concentration, I am a pharmacist so by-golly I know how to make a solution!!), but for the cost savings and plastic bottle savings it is a worthwhile trade-off. The three containers are each a different flavor and they make eighteen gallons all together, which comes out to thirty-six two quart pitchers; plenty to last for our horde of sweaty, active, thirsty boys. Good luck.

For the past few years, I've been using a Sodastream machine to produce my own diet soda - and somewhere along the line I managed to acquire some extra liter Sodastream bottles. I am not a huge fan of their mixes - they are pretty good but also expensive, and although I'm very happy not contributing to landfills with my plastic bottles and cans, I started to consume a lot less Sodastream this Summer while at the same time ramping up my purchases of bottled Gatorade.

Suddenly, even though the Gatorade was *not* a diet soft drink, I also started to lose weight. I'm not sure if it was switch off of the Sodastream or if I were more active and consuming more Gatorade as a result, I had read somewhere that consuming large amounts of diet soda can have the opposite of the intended effect (I guess you tend to eat larger portions) but as I drank more bottled Gatorade, I started to feel pretty morose about the recycling bag filling up with the plastic bottles. Finally, I stumbled across a "Frost Flavor" tureen of powdered Gatorade at Target. It wasn't that cheap, but boy, were those Sodastream bottles suited for mixing Gatorade!

It didn't really occur to me to check Amazon, but when I did, I found this - it really comes to about 25 cents a quart - and that's a great price. I can make it more concentrated or less concentrated (which is what I tend to do) and can mix it with ice if I need to. And no more plastic bottles. Now I drink more Gatorade than ever, and it feels great to be properly hydrated and even better to not be producing plastic waste.

I was worried about them being broken like some reviews posted so I wanted to let you know that they came well packaged with no damage whatsoever. The product is great alot cheaper than buying bottles at the store and taste the same.

Gatorade. Not sure what can be said about this besides:
- easy to make, just use the scoop provided and 32Oz bottle with water
- tastes delicious, not a "100% pure juice of a rare fruit that grows only on a island in Bermuda triage that only a few locals know," but not a tap water with an aftertaste of half of periodic table either
- hydrates really well. Working on a roof in 95F and full sun requires A LOT of hydration and Gatorade surely does the magic
- easy to store. No need storing dozens of bottles and filling up recycling bin in a couple of days. So, all the pluses for us, Environmentally Conscious people, that don't like plastic going into oceans. All that is needed is a couple of re-usable bottles and some space under counter.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • When you sweat, you lose more than water. Replace what has been lost with Gatorade
  • Gatorade Frost has a light, crisp flavor that hydrates better than water, which is why it's trusted by some of the world's best athletes.
  • 76.5 Ounce Powder makes 9 Gallons
  • Lemon Lime

Description

With a legacy over 40 years in the making, it’s the most scientifically researched and game-tested way to replace electrolytes lost in sweat. Gatorade thirst quencher hydrates better than water, which is why it’s trusted by some of the world’s best athletes.



Gatorade changed the order of ingredients, moved natural and artificial flavor from 9th to 3rd. natural and artificial flavor usually means artificial sweeteners,which is exactly what this now tastes like now, all to do what...save 10 calories? See attached picture, left side is old formula, right side is new. UPDATE: After using a full can I have adjusted to the new taste. It does serve the purpose for replenishing electrolytes.

I love Gatorade especially during the hot Arizona summers when we have to stay hydrated to survive. I'm not a fan of the new Gatorade flavors, I'm old school & love the original Lemon lime. I was hesitant when I first purchased this because I wasn't sure the powder would deliver the quality taste of buying Gatorade from a store. I was satisfied that the powder is even better & tastes fresher than the store bought bottles. This goes a long way, one scoop is perfect for a quart of water. If you love Gatorade this is a cheaper way to buy it than buying the bottles at stores. I love that Amazon has this & it always arrives perfectly packaged (usually wrapped in bubble wrap). A great buy & value to keep yourself hydrated.

We are into natural products & usually make pretty much everything from scratch. That said, we have had a TON of stress in our family lately & needed a boost so I purchased this Gatorade mix instead of wasting money on the ready made bottles.

This mix was just what we needed to help boost us back up & rehydrate after a few very stressful months. I will be going back to our homemade version of a sports drink soon, but I always keep a canister of this in the pantry for times we need something easy to simply stir into some water. I had always purchased it from Sam's Club, but was happy to find it on Amazon for a decent price to fill in between shopping trips.

I WILL purchase this again & am subscribed to it via S&S.

Great to find alternative flavors to those in warehouse stores. A few bucks more than said warehouse stores, but great value overall. Quality of water effects the overall taste, so be aware. I have yet for it to be identical to the premixed store bottles, but being able to adjust the amount of mix is an added bonus as drinking any of these is really just drinking sugar water and additional calories, so every teaspoon lessens my sugar intake as I rarely drink anything except water. Definite buy again.

Great for hypoglycemia since you can just use what you need. I think Gatorade has been instrumental in saving my life tbh because my blood pressure drops too much if I drink the amount of water I need. Apparently if it doesn't have sugar or salt in it, water alone can adversely affect some people, rarely. I'm not sure what's going on, but the Gatorade powder helps so much with keeping up my strength all day. If we run out, I sleep much more and can't move. It also reduces hunger somewhat. I'm very grateful.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site