Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 30, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Peet's Coffee Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 20 Ounce Bag Peetnik Value Pack

Peet's Coffee Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 20 Ounce Bag Peetnik Value Pack

I drink a lot of coffee! My preference has always been dark roast. Keep that in mind as I report that this is one of the three best coffees that I have found in almost sixty years of coffee drinking experience. Its rich, full bodied, dark roast flavor is unique and pleasantly complex. After trying many different brands and beans, I have decided on Peet's Major Dickason's Blend as my daily brew. When it is available, it is always my preference. There is no other quite like it!!!

I bought this coffee to try out in our office with a fairly hard to please coffee crowd. It was very well received. The coffee is a nice, robust, dark roast. Like others have said, it has a bit of a sweet note to it but in a good way. I am trying many different brands but I have this on my list to purchase again. Sometimes this is cheaper at Target.

A lot of dark roast coffees are strong but bitter. Peet's Major Dickerson Blend has the strength as well as a good body. It's deep earthy complex flavor will probably result in drinking more coffee than normal. It's really a luxury that you'll look forward to each morning. The coffee shops can't compete. I use a single brew drip maker and two scoops is "just right". Well done Peet's!

I was sent the ground version instead of the whole bean one a few months back & being a grind it yourself aficionado of sorts, was NOT happy.
Figured since I had it, I'd give it a try, even though I've never had a cup of pre ground I could stand. I must say I was more than a little surprised. . . Wow, is more like it - this pre ground delivers a smooth, delicious cup of coffee that certainly gives any whole bean I've ever tasted a run for it's money. That said, I've been ordering it since that first bag ran out & have not been disappointed. Good job, Peet's!

Here's what you should know about me: I'm a hardcore Starbucks devotee/addict. I'm not a big fan of their brewed coffees, but I love their espresso. It's the only thing I order. I recently went in search of a good coffee that I could bring to work and share with my coworkers - our office stocks Folgers, which is really kind of them, but ... Well, you know - it's just Folgers. I stumbled upon this Peet's Big Bang, and the name caught my attention - so did the size of the bag (20oz) and the price ($12.58 at the time). I ordered it, I brewed a pot at work one morning, I poured myself a small cup to try ... I was instantly hooked - and so were my coworkers. This coffee is absolutely delicious - it's smooth, and there is no bitterness to it whatsoever. I've never been so enamored with a cup of brewed coffee. I've tasted many, many brewed coffees - at cafes and restaurants, at people's houses, at churches I've attended - and nothing has ever even come close to this stuff. I still get my Starbucks every morning, but I also pour myself a cup of Peet's when I get to work and I savor it. I'm tinkering with the idea of brewing a double-strength batch to see how it holds up as iced coffee, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy it hot, room temperature, and eventually cold as my morning goes on. No matter the temperature, its deliciousness holds up. And I've placed several more orders - I even had some coworkers kick in some cash so we can keep this in stock as long as possible. It's worth every penny.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • WORLD BLEND: Conceived by Mr. Peet and his most discerning customer, Major Dickason's Blend has become the coffee that epitomizes the rich, flavorful taste of Peet's. Flavor notes: Incomparable world blend, rich, complex, and full-bodied
  • OBSESSED WITH FRESH: From the beginning, Peet's Coffee has roasted the best coffee beans we can find with quality in mind. We also care for the communities that grow & harvest those beans, because coffee is better when it is grown & sourced responsibility.
  • BREW LIKE THE BEST: Brewing the best cup of coffee starts with finding your favorite roast or blend. Whole beans or ground coffee, dark, medium or light, single origin or a blend? Try a variety & find the best brew for the morning mug or afternoon pickup.
  • LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK ROAST: Brew a pot of Peet's ground or whole bean coffee in a blend & roast perfect for your tastes. Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied.
  • COMPARE WITH: Eight O'clock, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, Organic Coffee Co., Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Koffee Kult, Copper Moon, Community Coffee, Kauai Coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee, Ethical Bean Coffee, Don Tomas Coffee, Caza Trail Coffee, Hygge Coffee Co.

Description

Peet's Coffee, Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast, Ground Coffee



I hesitate to give this 5 stars, because it will become so popular that I will not be able to get it any more. It is dark but smooth... delicious.

I usually don't write reviews but I had to for this coffee. Very dark and full bodied coffee. But the thing that stands out for me is that they show the roast date on the package. Similar to micro breweries to coffee roasters few stamp the actual date on the package. Peet does this and many others need to follow suite.

#1, Maj. Dickason's blend from Peet's is great coffee#2, I ordered this Jan 24, 2019, received it on Jan 28. But it was ground on Oct 18, 2018 with a Best By date of Jan 18, 2019.
#3, I'm slow, but I finally found a way to contact Amazon via email and immediately received a phone call from Customer Service (as I had requested). The Amazon rep, Alex M, quickly straightened things out by promising an overnight replacement with fresher ground coffee, for free and with no shipping charge... it arrived this morning!! "Ground on 1-10-19, Best by 4-10-19." Yippee!
#4, This same problem happened a few years ago for the same coffee from a different Amazon vendor, who immediately refunded the purchase price (as I requested).
#5, I am sure that an empire like Amazon keeps good records of our purchases, frequency and prices. I noted on Alex's email summary, that showed, among other data: "18 orders in the past 6 months;" whether that was a factor in how I was dealt with and "made whole," I don't know. But mega-kudos for swift resolution of a small glitch.
#6, I mentioned to Alex that this incident might make the order-pickers pay more attention to details, which would save me some inconvenience and would save Amazon some money.

This coffee is so good! if you like smooth coffee that has a deep flavor and is rich and smokey, this is your coffee! Peets coffee has never let me down but this brazil flavor is so smooth.

I have sampled thousands of coffees in my life as a coffee lover. In my travels I have had coffees in Europe's most prestigious venues, all the way to fine African and Indian coffee blends in both regions/countries. Peet's Major Dickason's blend reminds me of the coffee at an old British Officer's Club in Mumbai India, I once had. Rich, complex, bold and just the right amount of flair.

Peet's coffee in general is superior to any coffee I have had, but Major Dickason's blend is the best of even that elite group.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site