Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March 27, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

PIONEER TS-SW2502S4 10-Inch, 1.200 Watts Shallow-Mount Subwoofer

PIONEER TS-SW2502S4 10-Inch, 1.200 Watts Shallow-Mount Subwoofer

Great sounding budget subwoofer for tight spots. Can't imagine why people spend more for other brands - this Pioneer does everything you could ask of it and hits all the notes I want it to - although I'm not worried about rattling the neighbor's windows or anything. Good quality sound from my favorite car audio brand.

SQ 4⭐️: it’s a modern plastic 10”+ woofer with sub bass potential only if used vented. Even then this thing is lacking in every area imaginable.
Value For Your Money 4⭐️ but only at the $70 price point. Hard to believe Crutchfield lists these for over twice as much. These are cheap plastic woofers just shallow enough to help a few customers who would otherwise have zero response below 65Hz in their vehicle.
Easy to install 2⭐️: it’s a shallow sub which helps where depth is an issue. But it has a mounting diameter larger than any 10” and larger than that afforded by prefab enclosures sold by Amazon. Which means getting a jigsaw or sawzall and widening the hole. On a carpeted box that’s ugly. But whatever. After seeing the sub 60Hz output of these in both sealed (nonexistent) and ported (35% the output of a standard 10” sub) I’ll be donating both of mine to a charity case and buying another Alpine SWT-10S2 as they lasted 2 years in my standard cab F150 in 1.3cu Ft internal air volume, after port and driver displacement, tuned to 29Hz.

Sounds decent for a shallow mount. I have it in a thunderform box made for ford rangers, supposedly with a half cubic foot of air space. I will confirm that like others have said, this sub is a bit larger than a standard 10 inch sub. I had to use a dremel to make the hole bigger on the box. It sounds decent, but in that size box it doesn't really hit the real lows very well. I imagine that in pioneers box that's designed for this sub, it would sound better.

I have two of these behind the seat of my 2006 Silverado 1500 crew cab, powered by a Pioneer GM-D9601 amp. These things thump. I am very impressed by these shallow mounts.

The subwoofer is great and worth the money I paid for it. But the subwoofer came in the original box and wasn't boxed up in an Amazon box, if someone would have looked on my porch and saw the picture of what's the the box, it would have gotten stolen...good thing it wasn't. Please make sure before a product leaves Amazon, that it is packaged up and ready to go


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Pioneer 10-Inch 1200W Max Single 4-Ohm Shallow Mount Series Subwoofer
  • Mica-injected resin cone
  • Power range: 100-300 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
  • Frequency response: 20-125 Hz
  • Mounting depth: 3-1/8"
  • Sealed box volume: 0.35-0.7 cubic feet
  • Ported box volume: 0.5-0.7 cubic feet

Description

This Pioneer 10 in. 1,200-Watt Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with Single 4ohm Voice Coil delivers deep bass with top-notch sound quality thanks to features like mica injection-molded resin which gives it the ability to produce accurate bass. This subwoofer utilizes an oversized cone structure that provides greater cone and gasket surface without changing its standard external dimension. This cone surface allows the subwoofer to produce louder and deeper bass by moving more air. The mounting depth is less than half a typical subwoofer in this class!



Wow. So nice! Hits hard!. I sunk it in back of my Tacoma. Looks great and sounds even better! For the money it really thumps! Pioneer is awesome.

This flat sub bangs! Sounds great in the pioneer UDSW250T wedge box. Perfect combo for behind seat thump in 16 Ford F-150

I have 2 of these on a 3700 watt amp that also powers my other speakers. The bass is strong enough that I can feel my hair vibrating on my head. You may want to be careful at full blast because you can feel your eardrums pulsing. I didn't have any difficulties installing these speakers, if you are just replacing a subwoofer it's plug and play but if you are also installing an amp you will need some knowledge on that. I chose the flat sub to keep storage space available in my trunk, they are very impressive for the size.

I put 2 not my truck and they sound amazing. I am powering them both with a Alpine 750 watt amp (birth certificate from alpine shows 815 watt). I also added the Alpine remote base knob amd I am glad I did. These subs are no joke. They sound amazing amd pack a serious punch! Love them!

Can you say, Bad A##! Got them hooked up on a Pioneer GM-D8601 mono amp, 2 ohm load, .6 foot air a piece in a Silverado, these things rock! Not earth shattering, but a lot of bass! Match made in heaven. As some have stated, they do not fit in a standard 10 inch opening, had to sand down in a circular motion get them to fit, but definitely worth time and effort. Used a circular sanding fitting on drill.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site