Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March 27, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi3O Desktop, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 + 16GB Optane Memory, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD, 802.11ac WiFi, Windows 10 Home

Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi3O Desktop, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 + 16GB Optane Memory, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD, 802.11ac WiFi, Windows 10 Home

Have been running this for a little more than a month - still running well. It is a good basic computer with excellent features and can be upgraded. I am not happy that the price has not dropped $50 since I bought mine but I guess it is even more a bargain now. Runs very quiet, partly because it does not have a case fan. I ran it all day most days for the first month just to put some miles on it to burn it it. So far so good. Looks good, small size fits well on desktop. Keyboard and mouse were not very good so I replaced them with a better set. Bought some small speakers to go with it so I could have sound. Boots fast, loads software fast, has a good wifi connection with my router two floors up. Got a used monitor to go with it. All in all, it seems to be a good unit and perfect for my wife's office type needs. Will update in about 6 months.

Very economical computer. I wanted to use it for gaming, but I had to make other upgrades to it. It really can't run origin games. It would crash trying to run some of them, other the quality was really low and it would lag. But, the good news is that there's plenty of room to add a large graphics card and extra RAM stick in the case. It has two extra spots for hard drives too, one of them being attached to the dvd optical drive though. I've had it for a few weeks and I've had no problems. Good computer choice for anyone

The Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi3O Desktop, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 was easy to setup. My 5 year old Dell I3646 was getting old and slow. The TC885 is fast. Startup to login - approx 9 seconds. It's fast on my software programs I use. It runs quiet and does the job. I don't think you would want this for heavy gaming unless you make some additions. For light games it's great. For my needs this PC is perfect. I recommend the Acer TC-885.

Really happy with this machine. There are i3 7100 based machines that are more expensive and the i3 8100 is a huge upgrade as the 8th gen Intel CPUs jumped to four cores. It even outperforms four core i5 7400 based machines. Add in the 16GB of optane boost and you can't beat this machine in a pre-built. It is only a hair slower in booting and loading programs than my SSD equipped machine. I added a $25 4gb RAM stick for 12GB total and dual channel capability. Needs a dedicated GPU if you plan on gaming and the keyboard and mouse leave a lot to be desired but overall very happy with the purchase.

Quiet, plenty of USB ports, fastest Home PC I've ever encountered although it has Windows 10. I don't really care for Windows 10, still learning how to navigate it. I don't do gaming so I have no idea how it would work for that. I research a lot and watch You tube. I recommend highly to anyone looking for a good home PC.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8100 Processor (3.6GHz)
  • 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM Memory & 16GB Intel Optane Memory
  • 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive & 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW)
  • 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet LAN & Bluetooth 5.0
  • 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 port (up to 10 Gbps), 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Port, 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 4 - USB 2.0 Ports & 2 - HDMI Ports & 1 - VGA Port

Description

Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi3O Desktop PC comes with these specs: 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8100 Processor (3.6GHz, 6MB cache), Windows 10 Home, 24GB Total Memory: 16GB Intel Optane Memory & 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM Memory, Intel UHD Graphics 630, 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW), 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, High-Def Audio with 5.1-Channel Surround Sound Support, 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 port (up to 10 Gbps) (Front), 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Port (Front), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (Rear), 4 - USB 2.0 Ports (Rear), 2 - HDMI Ports (Rear), 1 - VGA Port (Rear), 802.11ac WiFi, 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 Port), Bluetooth 5.0, 300W Power Supply, USB Keyboard and Optical Mouse, 17.2 lbs. | 7.8 kg (system unit only), 1 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty with Toll Free Tech Support (DT.BAPAA.023)



Threw in my Rx 550 and 550w PSU and it's working like a charm. Most of my games run flawlessly on max settings. If you want to do vr gaming, aim for like a RX 590 or a GTX 480. The processor is good enough without upgrading it so you can save money there. Maybe invest in a bit more memory if you plan on streaming or something of that nature. Pretty solid set up just by adding another 400 worth of parts.

The Acer TC-855 is a good performing prebuilt PC, but it could use a little tweaking. The computer is a good size and the case has a sleek and modern look to it while still retaining good front panel IO. The computer boots up quickly thanks to the Optane memory but I would not say that it is worth the extra $62 price difference. With that extra $62 I would go and order a 2.5" SSD and reinstall Windows on it to get better performance and faster loading for all applications. The 8th generation i3 is a great processor and is overlooked by a lot of people. It has great single core performance thanks to Intel's advanced technologies and performs well at 3D rendering and intensive tasks. The 8GB of DDR4 RAM is lacking and at this price point, I think that adding an extra 8GB for a total of 16GB is not unreasonable. The included keyboard and mouse are cheap but work, I personally would not use them and get other peripherals, but to each their own. Overall I found the Acer TC-855 to be a great prebuilt for anyone who just needs a simple PC that gets the job done; however, I do think that if you have the skills to build your own computer, I would recommend building a PC with similar hardware to this, rather than buying this. I put together a list of parts nearly identical to that of the Acer TC-855 and it totaled around $300 to $350 depending on where you buy the parts. I am not saying that the Acer TC-855 is a bad machine, I am just saying that you can build an identical one for cheaper, but if you are not super technologically inclined, the Acer TC-855 is a great computer.

I got my Acer TC-885 and have it all set up I got it to replace my old unit that was windows 7 this new computer is very fast and was very easy to set up it took about an hour to transfer my files from the old computer and about an hour to fully set up I use it for day to day home use bills and shopping on line it's great i'm very happy with it and if anyone is looking for a fast home set up this is it and it's a very good buy for the money.

I don't use this for gaming. I just use it at home for bill paying and going on the internet. Starts up fast. Pretty good value for the money. Had a acer aspire before and it lasted for 5 years. It still works but not as much memory.

I like Acer. Have used their products for 20 years. Never had problems. They built a solid machine. I use it mainly for word processing, e-mail, photo editing. I am not a gamer. Gamers should get the machines Acer recommends.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site