Sunday, March 31, 2019

March 31, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer (white) with additional 20 sheets ZINK Sticky-Backed Photo Paper

HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer (white) with additional 20 sheets ZINK Sticky-Backed Photo Paper

worked great so far! I opted for this instead of paying more for a photobooth for my son's graduation party. we took pics of guests as they arrived and had them sign a note to my son in a scrapbook and stuck the pic next to their notes. i highly recommend having goodlighting for your pics so they do not print out dark. Use flash and/or brighten the pics in the app before printing.

Left pic is a picture of the print out. Right pic is the original pic from my phone.

I bought this as a gift for Christmas and it is awesome. If you are looking for completely accurate colour payoff this is probably not the printer for you. No matter what brand you choose, the likely hood of the prints being completely accurate are not very high.
These print more like a picture from a Polaroid camera would print, but if you look at the quality they are awesome. All three of these original pictures were taken on my Canon Rebel T6i and were then edited on the app ColorStory before being printed on the Sprocket. I would not recommend editing photos in the app as the quality might not be as great. Invest in a good photo editing app such as Aviary, or Lightroom or another app that will not ruin the quality of your photos.
Also, as a general printing rule, printers usually print at a resolution of 300dpi, if you have photoshop you can always change the resolution of your photos to fit the resolution this will print.
Because of the photo dimensions, you will never have to crop out any part of your picture to make it fit in the print. Unless you decide to print a square photo or a photo that has been previously cropped.
All in all it is an awesome printer, but if you’re looking for 100% accurate colour payoff, you may want to invest in an inkjet printer.

Look, I never write reviews. However, I was pleasantly SHOCKED by how clear my photos came out. This is my third try at portable printers, and it's BY FAR the best. My family travels a lot, my kids like to do Smash book style scrap booking on the go, but now we don't have to rely on crappy Instax instant pictures! Plus, the sticky back makes them easier to get in your smash book!

I love that you don't have to take the backing off if you don't want them to be sticky.

This thing is perfect for quick journaling or scrap booking. It couldn't complement the smash books more. ❤❤ I also included a picture so you could see the quality of the one I just printed. Trust me, that picture was taken in a dark restaurant.

 Although I didn't receive the color I ordered, this is a 5 Star Review!

Have you heard of the HP Sprocket....well for those of you who have not, the HP Sprocket is Bluetooth portable printing at it’s best. This device will allow you to print 2X3” color photos in seconds from your IOS or Android Device. The Sprocket comes in 2 different colors…Black & White. Today we will be taking a look at the white Sprocket so let’s go ahead and check out my video Review!

Don't compare this to a full quality printer. This baby is for printing stickers and for having a ton of fun!!!! And it does that in droves!!!! Print quality is just fine for adding photos to my planner pages or giving at to friends at dinner or a concert.

Fun. Yes it's pricey but let's face it, not too many of us print actual photos any more even us die hard scrapbookers at most stick a couple of fun prints in a planner page and call it a day. I purchased this printer specifically to add fun photos to my MAMBI Happy Planner. The 2x3 size fits across two boxes at an almost perfect fit. I also plan to use this at my wedding to give my mom and bridal party some fun instant shots.

Photo quality. Photos with a lot of bright colors and light come our best. Darker subjects, like my black cat are just ok. But still way in the good enough range. Professional photos of my engagement came out great.

Ease. So so simple. Charge it, download the app on your phone, open and install paper then connect via Bluetooth and DONE. The HP Sprocket app lets you add some fun effects like frames or hearts. Love it!!!!!

Paper. Wait for coupons and then get the best deals. The paper comes to .50 cents per printed sticker without a coupon or sale. Still worth it if you don't go too crazy. Beats the heck out of using an ink jet or cutting photos (did that for too many years).


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • This is a bundle that includes the printer with one (1) additional 20-sheet package of paper
  • Live it - Love it - Print it: Printing off social media photos has never been easier from your smartphone Connect your social media accounts to the free-to-download HP Sprocket App and instantly turn those photos into colorful prints
  • A Social on-the-go printer: Sprocket uses seamless Bluetooth connectivity, so you can set it up at parties and events, and everyone can print their favorite moments from their smartphones or tablets
  • Have fun - be creative: Customize your photos before you print with the HP Sprocket App to add fun text, borders, emojis, and more Add a pop of personality for snapshots and stickers that are totally and uniquely you
  • How to print: Connect the Sprocket Photo Printer to your mobile device via Bluetooth Download the free and easy-to-use HP Sprocket App and enjoy fun portable printing
  • HP ZINK Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, 20 sheets, 2x3-inch for use with the HP Sprocket Photo Printer Instant Sharable Fun Turn your favorite photos into sharable fun with HP ZINK Photo Paper Easily load them into your HP Sprocket Photo Printer and start printing smudge-free, colorful prints instantly And they're designed with a peel-and-stick back, so your favorite moments can be more than just another social post

Description



Very user friendly, and I like the fact the paper is also a sticker! The size of the paper is great! Not too big or small. They do fit in standard instax photo books! I would rate it 5 stars if the print quality was better. I have noticeable print lines on my prints, the reds are a bit orange (my phone corrected it when I took the picture but in person more orange), and the contrast could be better. The prints lean pink or yellow in outdoor lighting. If the printer is supposed to have the print lines it's ok, I just hope I didn't get a defective one. My before and after photo attached is my phone pic on the left, zinc print on the right. It's a bit more washed out in person. The other two photos show the print lines but if it's supposed to be that way I'm ok with it. If it's not, I received a bad model. It's updated and I've loaded the paper correctly and it's official hp zinc paper. (The middle photo ive uploaded is old and a screen grab from snapchat, the others are 2017/2018 taken on a note 8)

This is so cool!! I love my HP Sprocket Photo Printer!!!

Straight out of the box, I was a little confused on how to proceed. It would have been nice if this came with 'some' instructions beyond a card that demonstrated how to plug it in for charging (of all things to give directions on...). Maybe I was missing something in my package but mine did not come with information on how to sync it to your device, how to print photos, how to load the photo paper, etc... I've included some basic instructions for anyone who would like them down below.

As for the product itself, I'm really impressed at the image quality for such a small, portable printer. The editing features, including the option to add text, stickers, and frames is a really nice touch, but I wish there was an option to change sticker colors so that they would work on different types of backgrounds (white is your only option). A little frustrated that I can't find replacement paper for this on Amazon but they can be ordered directly through HP in packs of 20 at about .50 cents a sheet (CORRECTION: Amazon does carry the replacement paper - see link in comments section). This would be a great gift for anyone who loves to journal, scrapbook or to have 'just for fun'.

Directions:
1. Charge the sprocket (light turns from orange/red to green when fully charged - it can be used while charging).
2. Insert photo paper with the blue card included, into the sproket (top of device slides and pops off)
3. Download the sprocket app onto your device (in my case, an iphone)
4. Press the button on the side of the sprocket to power it on - a white light will show.
5. From your device - search for HP Sprocket from your Bluetooth menu and connect.
6. Open the sprocket app from your device - from here, you'll be able to access your photos, editing tools and initiate a print job.

Ten times better than the Polaroid Zip! About 5 times faster photo transfer to the printer and 3 times faster print speed. Software is a winner over clunky Polaroid app. This one is a keeper.

I absolutely love this little printer! I bought this with the intention of using it to create a calendar of my dog, so I can gift to my family. I started drawing on pics of my dog for every holiday sometime last year. So i now have every month/ major holiday covered and a calendar was next step. Ive already made a few and they look good.
I added an early project picture as an example.
Sprocket is also perfect for my job. The 2x3 pictures are a great size to display all our associates on our break room CARE board. Now, if an associate gets recognition or award, we pull their picture and display it in the recognition section of the board.
The printer itself is small and prints in seconds. The fact that it requires "no" ink, is what sold me. The app is easy to use and its fun. For reference, Im a 39 yr old guy.
If you are looking for a small printer and don't need anything more than 2x3s, look no more. This IS the one to get.

its very small and compact. the picture quality isnt all that great and thr pictures come out lighter than the original, but you can fix that with the app. The app that you use to print with is great. you can do all sorts of stuff. if you are looking for great quality pictures this is not for you.
I would say conside this to be like a photo booth picture experience with friends and family sort of thing. the sticky picture paper is great for scrapbooking. After getting over the quality, ive come to really enjoy it.
-side note- so far the cases for the photo plus that are on amazon ive bought and returned two diffrent brands and they both come with a horrible smell. I just have it in a little maleup bag at the moment, untill i can find one that doesnt smell.
I added a couple pictures, the one with the cat and the red shirt mayb look like it has glare but it doesnt. thats how white wash the photo looks. I also added a picture with a water bottle for refrence as to its size.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site