Thursday, November 28, 2019

November 28, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Silk Pure Almondmilk, Vanilla, 8 Ounce, 18 Count, Vanilla Flavored Non-Dairy Almond Milk, Individually Packaged, Dairy-free Milk

Silk Pure Almondmilk, Vanilla, 8 Ounce, 18 Count, Vanilla Flavored Non-Dairy Almond Milk, Individually Packaged, Dairy-free Milk

What can I say? I love this stuff and I know that real milk is intended for baby cows, not humans.

I use it in coffee, chai tea lattes, cereal... everything where normal milk would usually be used! I'm vegan so this is one of those items that I use consistently so it pays to just buy it in bulk and have it delivered to my door. I've tried many other brands of almond milk but I prefer the Silk flavor. I also like the convenience of the smaller containers. That way you don't have to open a huge container if you won't use it all within 10 days.

The product itself is good and tastes yummy. The dark chocolate flavor and smell trumps the almondmilk, which is quite fine with me. However, shipping package is horrible. One container busted and leaked all over the box and ruining the other containers.

I have been buying Almond milk at local grocery stores for a while. The entire family loves it. It comes in several flavors, lasts a long time and has many other benefits over regular dairy milk. When I saw it on Amazon I was pleased and ordered several cases. THE PROBLEM IS IT COSTS DOUBLE, THAT IS TWICE AS MUCH, FROM AMAZON THAN FROM THE LOCAL SUPERMARKETS. I compared 32 oz prices on Amazon to half gallon (64 oz) prices at the local store. My mistake. I remain a loyal Amazon customer and understand the heavy freight on this item but will take the local option on this one at these prices.

This is just what you would expect. It is the brand name, shelf stable milk. I wanted to buy some milk for back up when it's not convenient to get to the store and I really need milk in the morning before work. This price fluctuates a lot, so I was able to get it at a good time and I wouldn't buy it if it was on the expensive side. I also brought some of this for my elderly mother, so she can always have milk on the shelf, because sometimes she can't get to the store. As far as carton milk and "fake milk", it tastes pretty good, "silk" like they call it.

Since these beverages are difficult to find in stores, I decided to utilize Amazon since my purchases of this beverage are consistent. The beverages themselves arrive neatly packaged in cartons and are very easy to access if you are running late for work or school. The taste of the beverages is pleasing and is not too sweet or bitter so it does not produce any aftertaste whatsoever. I usually drink these to refuel after physical activity and they suppress hunger pangs for junk food. I also pour these drinks into coffee which is an excellent alternative to dairy.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • SWEET BUT : No need to be afraid of the big bad sweetness craving anymore. Silk Vanilla Almondmilk will save you with its smooth rich vanilla goodness & more calcium than dairy milk. Silk Pure Almondmilk is the smart way to indulge your sweet tooth.
  • DELICIOUS ANYWAY YOU WANT: How can you not enjoy the creamy goodness of Silk Vanilla Almondmilk? Kissed with a hint of vanilla, it's delicious over cereal, with coffee, added to favorite recipes or straight from the carton.
  • WHOLESOME AND NOURISHING: Silk believes in the goodness (and good-for-you-ness) of plant-based foods. Our soymilk, almondmilk, coconutmilk, cashewmilk and other delicious, plant-based products are simple, wholesome and nourishing, as nature intended.
  • DAIRY FREE AND DELICIOUS: We know you have so many choices for dairy alternatives: soymilk, almondmilk, hempmilk, coconutmilk, cashewmilk, ricemilk, peamilk, goats milk, flaxmilk, and so many more. Silk Almondmilk has been a trusted brand for decades.
  • NO COMPARISON: Hold Silk's dairy-alternative products up to Veggemo, Freydas, Charged Chocolate, Good Karma, Augason Farms, Milkadamia, Almond Breeze, Meyeberg, Tigers Milk, Instant Milk, Honeyville Farms, Rice Dream, Tempt, Healthworks, or Coconut Cloud.

Description

Oh, yes, it is a mere 80 calories per serving. Enjoy the goodness of Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk for less than half the calories of skim milk. Kissed with just a hint of vanilla, it’s perfect over cereal, in recipes and more. You won’t miss the sugar, and you’ll be delighted by the taste.



Loved the flavor, high calcium and protein percentages, and convenience. I'm lactose intolerant and don't drink milk that often, so having these aseptic babies was wonderful to stock up and pop in the fridge as needed. But I'm weaning myself off because of the sugar/calories and cost. It also seems to have small chunks floating around no matter how vigorous you shake it first. Didn't impact taste, but slightly squeamish to look at on your cereal.

I opted for unsweetened almond milk, which let's face it, amounts to nothing more than beige water and doesn't have nearly the calcium and protein. So if you're debating between the two and don't really care about the sugar or calories, these are the way to go!

I've been buying the refrigerated Silk Unsweetened for some time now, but my local store doesn't always have it in stock. I got a pack of the Aseptic cartons to try, and was very pleased to find that it tastes just the same! I like that it's unsweetened. If I want sweetener, I simply use my preferred zero calorie sweetener, and it works just fine. The ingredients list includes some salt and vitamins, but zero sugar and no maltodextrin.

Good on cereal and works with eggs for bread pudding. It will also work as a milk substitute for packaged noodle mixes - BUT you would want to use UNSWEETENED Almond milk instead of this one which is Vanilla. Don't know how it would work with instant pudding.
Especially good if you can't tolerate regular milk, a good source of calcium. I like these 8 ounce packs - less waste. Also this brand is shelf stable and has an easy to open foil tab instead of a twist cap. No refrigeration needed until opened.

I usually make my own almond milk but keep these on hand for when I'm traveling, run out of almonds or am in between batches for whatever reason. Love that it keeps for a few months and the small size means I rarely waste any. Use it mostly for my tea, oatmeal, cereal, and occasionally a protein shake. It's not nearly as good as homemade but it does the job!

Whether you are a vegan, vegetarian or lactose intolerant these individual servings are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or that quick snack. Going camping? Perfect!

Long before I became a vegetarian, I was on my way to Fairbanks, AK and was in the middle of Yukon Territory and there were no cartons of fresh milk. There was BOXED milk! Parmilait? Forgive me if I do not have that spelled correctly. That is how these are packaged. They do not need to be refrigerated. For the best taste (to me) I love them ice cold. If you like a warm glass of milk before bed, go for it! Silk also comes in chocolate soy as well as chocolate almond, both wonderful cold or for a cup of hot chocolate.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site