Tuesday, July 16, 2019

July 16, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Uber Dual Lens Dash Cam Built-in GPS in Car Dashboard Camera Crosstour 1080P Front and 720P Inside with Parking Monitoring, Infrared Night Vision, Motion Detection, G-Sensor and WDR

Uber Dual Lens Dash Cam Built-in GPS in Car Dashboard Camera Crosstour 1080P Front and 720P Inside with Parking Monitoring, Infrared Night Vision, Motion Detection, G-Sensor and WDR

I spend a day looking on Amazon for a "simple to install" sub $100 dashcam with dual front and back view recording, built-in GPS, easy to set up, good form factor, and decent video quality. I purchased the CR750 because it gives me exactly that. First I setup and tested the CR750 on my office window before install it in an old Honda.

The thick user manual is in 7 languages but has only 7 pages in English. It does not explain what all the symbols on the screen means but fortunately, most of the symbols are self-explanatory. For example, WDR for Wide Dynamic Range, Car symbol means Parking Monitor ON. In my test setup, I have WDR ON, Motion Detection ON, GPS stamp ON, Dual Lens Recording (1440x1080 Front/ 1280x720 Back) ON, Mirror Image (for Back View) ON, Audio ON, Beep Sound OFF, and IR LED Day Mode.

In standby mode, where CR750 is on but no recording, the minimum current drawn is .26 amps. It is about .5 amps max with GPS ON, recording on, etc., and up to .66 amps while charging the internal battery. The GPS symbol is green when GPS is locked on, otherwise it is red. The "hardware key" symbol means the currently recording video file in locked mode, no save over because G-Sensor is activated and Parking Monitor is ON.

When Motion Detection ON, we get a displayed F symbol. This means camera is in standby mode (.26 amps minimum) and will activate and record video for 10 seconds (~ .4 amps) when visual motion is detected on front camera only, then stop recording. It works well for a moving car but when the car stops, it needs a large object (>5% of display) to activate. Motion Detection does not work when USB power is off. It seems that this Motion Detection mode is not useful due to continuous large current consumption even when standby, but it is great mode to use when the dashcam is used as a travel or home surveillance camera.

When Parking Monitor ON, we get a car symbol. In this mode, when USB power is on and recording is off (standby, no red dot on upper left of display), if G-Sensor is activated due to jarring or motion on dashcam, the camera will record and continue to record in file locked mode until either USB power off, OK button pushes once, or Power button pushes once. When USB power is off and Parking Monitor ON, the dashcam, powered by its own battery power, goes into sleep mode which consume almost zero current. Then when G-Sensor is activated, it will wake up, turn on display, and record video immediately in file locked mode for 1 minute (~.4 amp), then turn off display and go on sleep mode (0 amp). The G-Sensor is super sensitive. All it takes to activate is a knock on the glass window even at Medium sensitivity.

To use Parking Monitor mode, the dashcam must be installed with USB power off when car is parked. Otherwise, it will continuously record video after G-Sensor activated the first time since parked, write and re-write over the memory card, and consuming current till the car battery is dead (unless the hardwire kit has auto-shutoff when the car battery is below 11.6 Volt.)

To use the Motion Detection mode with USB power constantly on, an auto-shutoff kit is necessary to ensure that when the car battery is below 11.6 Volt, the USB power gets turned off.

In dual record mode, it saves the front and back view as two seperate videos with A and B suffix. Both videos have the time stamp, speed stamp, GPS coordinate stamp, and the date stamp. The 1440x1080 resolution is satisfactory for my purpose of having a reliable and responsive video recorder. The hardware file video compression is not as effective (I suspect it was tuned for speed), thus a 32 GB only gives about 3 hour storage when record both front and back views. When a 128GB card formated to FAT32, at 720p front and 720 back, it estimates 14 hr 17 min recording capacity; at 1080p front and 720 back, 10 h4 39 min.

I gave the CR750 5 stars in Night vision, Video quality, and Picture quality because I think it performs well for its price. However, I feel that the CR750 image processor over-processing in low light environment and dark background for both the front and back cameras to make the picture bright, saturated, and over-sharpen, and lots of artifacts. This means the back camera cabin video won't be natural and pretty like we can get on our cellphone. I believe that the IR LED setting is only applicable for the back camera.

I love the vertical form factor with one fixed camera and one rotating camera, which reminds me of those rugged wildlife game cameras that people strapped to a tree. I am surprised to see that the camera has one mini HDMI port and two very good camera mounts. Included are two mounts, one suction cup and one adhesive, two extra adhesive pads, one micro USB cable, and one cigarette adapter with extra USB port and 135 inch long micro USB end. I am a bit wary of Micro USB connector because its connection can be damaged easy compare to Mini USB if get plug and unplug repeatedly. Nevertheless, the CR750 is great as a stand-alone travel, hotel, and balcony camera for surveillance and recording for those without a car.

Overall, I am happy with my CR750 purchase and will look for other ways to use it beside as an car dashcam. I am a bit sad that it is only 3 days after I ordered that Amazon offers a one day Lightning Deal for the CR750 for $15 off. I thought about return the camera and buy one with the Lightning Deal but I like the camera design and form factor so hat off and appreciation to Crosstour and the company designers, I didn't.

My wish list are:
1. Motion Detection record time extend to 30 seconds from 10 seconds. Or may be options for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 3 minute.
2. When display screen is turn off, LED green indicator flashing rapidly when recording and flashing slowly when in standby (no recording) mode so we know when the dashcam is on and when it is recording.

 I did my homework when buying this CR750. I wasn't looking to get ripped off nor was I looking to spend more than $100. I watch a lot of video reviews before adding this to my cart. It shipped fast and was in awesome condition when unboxing. Everything works as advertised. Had it in my work car all day and you don't have to think about it. just set up the time and date and start driving. The only Negative I could find is the memory card filled up before my 8-hour shift was over. but for me, that will be no big deal, an uneventful day is a good one and I'll just format the card at lunch break and be good till quitting time!

 I received my new camera today. I am excited. The Card holder is working properly and it is recording Dynamic videos. It does not get 5 stars because one of the functions on the camera does not work very well. The motion Detection part of the camera does not recognize motion unless you are on top of the camera. I had my son run back and forth in front of the car from varies distances and it did not record him once. When I wiggled my finger in front of the cam. It finally started recording. I don't know if the window has an effect on the camera's ability to record motion. But it will not record unless I wiggle my fingers at it inside the car. However, over all this camera is a good item. The night vision works well I don't know exactly how well because I haven't taken it in my car yet. But the video I put out shows the details of what it will look like and sound quality. The next camera that might be high quality is double the price of this one. it comes in at 160 to 200 dollars. so I am very pleased with this camera. hopefully the card holder holds up under use.

 Installed it without any issues. It starting recording video right after the car was started. Did not took too much space on the windshield. Suction cup feels like very sturdy. Changing mode from video to photo was easy. The feature I liked most was, while driving it was recording speed of the car as well along with GPS coordinates. Great product for the value of the money. I would definitely recommend it.

 There are a lot of dash cams to choose from here at Amazon. I read quite a few reviews of them and had to narrow it down to the ones that got the best feedback and was within my budget. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this dash cam. The sample video I enclosed was taken at the second highest quality (720 p vs 1080 p). Yet the images were very clear. I used the lower setting to save on space on the memory card. Also I decided not to use the loop recording so that the videos will be continuous instead of multiple videos at 5 minute intervals.

Both videos (front and inside cabin) came out clear, and the audio was totally acceptable. Some dash cam don't have GPS information attached to the video, and this one does. The instructions that were included were pretty straight-forward. Installation was a breeze. I know I could have easily paid 4 to 5 times more for the same product, I am so glad I didn't.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 【Dual Lens Dash Cam】Front lens: 1080P FHD. Inside lens: 720P. This car cam can record traffic conditions in front of your car and what is happening inside your car. Perfect for Uber drivers or people who wanna record both scenery and happy times with your families. You are able to choose 4 different real time display modes.
  • 【Built-in GPS Car Camera】The dash cam features built-in GPS module which helps record your driving track , speed and longitude and latitude data. All of these datas can be seen in designated player. There is no need buy one extra expensive GPS module. We will send you the installation package of the player via Amazon if you buy it.
  • 【Parking Monitoring DVR】After being connected to car battery with hard wire kit, the cam will turn on and automatically start recording about 30 seconds video once detecting external force and then turn off to prevent running out of power of car battery. Recorded video won't be overwritten. This provides insurance evidence for financial loss and vehicle scratches.
  • 【Super Night Vision Dashcam】The dashboard camera adopts Sony IMX323 Sensor, F1.8( front lens) super big aperture 4 infrared LED lights and WDR(wide dynamic range), which will undoubtedly improve its imaging performance no matter in daytime or at night.
  • 【4 Important Functions】Loop recording prevents card from being full. Gravity sensor locks the videos recorded during collision or sudden movement of the car. Motion detection records object movement in front of the lens when it detects them. Time lapse recording takes on an effect that when played at normal speed, time appears to be moving faster and thus lapsing.

Description

Battery Weight: 2.6g
Battery Cell Type: Li-Bat
Chemical composition of the battery cell: Lithium Ion
Number of Batteries included: 1
Lithium Battery Energy Content: 1.48Wh
Lithium Battery Voltage: 3.7V
Dual Lens Recording
The Crosstour CR750 dash cam integrates dual lens into one body.
Front: FHD 1080P 150°A+ HD bugeye lens.
Inside: 720P 130°wide-angle lens.
Scenery outside and happy times inside your car can be recorded together.
Perfect option for Uber drivers.

Built-in GPS module
This dashcam has built-in GPS module which allows it to record driving track , speed, longitude and latitude data which
you can view in designated player.

Parking Monitoring
With parking monitoring on, the dash cam can provide all round protection for your car.
After being connected to car battery with hard wire kit, the cam will turn on and automatically
start recording about 30 seconds video once detecting external force and then turn off
to save power. Recorded video won't be overwritten. This provides insurance evidence for financial loss and vehicle scratches.

Super Night Vision
Night vision is a key indicator of a dash camera's performance.
Crosstour CR750 features 6 all-glass high-resolution lens, industry leading F1.8 aperture, WDR
technology and high sensitivity image sensor to guarantee excellent night vision.
Real 170 Degree Wide Angle
We do not falsify parameters. Front 170 degree wide angle covers 4 lanes of traffic ahead and reduces blind spots.

G-sensor-Emergency locking
Videos recorded during collision or sudden movement of the car will be locked and won't be
overwritten, thus providing evidence for insurance claims and traffic disputes.



 I have been wanting a dash cam for a while now just in case something crazy happens. When I recieved the package everything looked packaged well after getting it all out and playing with it i was surprised at some of the features I didnt even know this had.
Pros.
good mounting options came with a great suction cup with a nice twist lock and also came with some 3m double sided adhesive to stick somewhere else. I choose to mount this behind my rear view mirror as its pretty big and wanted to hide most of it and it works great there.
cigarette plug cord was plenty long to route under my dash up the side of the side pillar under the headliner and to the dash cam. It also had usb plugs so i could plug a phone cord or anything else that is usb powered in case you only have one cig plug.
camera quality is great and very smooth while driving.
camera is very easy to use and set up, I didnt even look at instructions.
build seems solid

cons:
camera that looks at driver has a very bright spot in the center in night vision mode, which can be manually turned off as well as the interior recording.
It doesnt come with any kind of memory, I shouldnt have expected it to but just a little sad I coulnt use it until i got a micro sd.

Overall: Im very satisfied with my purchase and would buy this product or similar products again.

 UPDATE: I am posting the update above my original post so you will see the problems were solved through the help of support. I am a newbie to the use of dash cams. I have a understanding of how they work and what I need, but not what all the setting are used for to improve the quality of the picture.
Problem: As I expected it was a setting on the camera that corrected my issue on the continuous recording.
Solution: The motion detector setting was ON, so when the car wasn't moving the camera stopped recording. Turn off motion detector setting.
Problem: Loop Recording Settings (This is for the Newbie's)
Solution: Loop recording has several time length settings. Remember when the memory card is full is will delete the oldest recording. I set mine to record in 5 minute increments (new file every 5 minutes) . If you turn the setting to off you will only have one file on the memory card, probably about 4-5 hours recorded, and the entire 4-5 hours will be deleted instead of just a 5 minute file when the card is full.
The only video for the camera is on "How the camera works." A video of how to operate the camera would be very helpful. I would like to see how to adjust the different settings for my needs.

Original Review: Picture and night vision are very acceptable quality. The problem I had was the camera would stop recording when the car wasn't moving. After several emails,(the only way to contact support) the only advice I received was "Don't turn your car off when you stop at a red light."I tried to tell them I don't turn my car off I just stop at red light. I need the camera to continue recording when I am not moving and riders are entering into my vehicle. There may be a setting that would correct that, but support was no help. I tried the "off" setting in the Loop, but that didn't help. The owners Manuel is no help.

As far as dashcams goes, you can't go wrong with this GPS dashcam. It is reasonably priced and preforms its job about as well as you expect it to. What puts it above cheaper dashcams is its ease of use and functionality. Nowadays, it is crucial to have a dashcam and not having one puts you at a disadvantage when getting into accidents. The rear view camera is decent. However, the resolution from it is half the quality of the front. This is ok, since you don't need a rear view as much as the front.

Love the camera, I bought it specifically for the camera to look at whoever’s in the vehicle. One time we were told my wife didn’t have a seatbelt on (which she did) and was told by the officer she didn’t put it on until he pulled us over. Having a dual dash cam would have been perfect for a situation like that. It is also good to have to prove whether, or not, you’re on your phone and etc...

The only thing I have had a problem with is that it has gotten to the point where it has either frozen completely, the screen has gone real dark, or it simply won’t record. I usually have to unplug it for it to die, or hold the power button for it to work again. I use 128 gb sd card.

Besides my complaint about that I would still highly recommend this camera. It is a good camera to have for both the road and inside the vehicle.

PROS:
-Love the dual camera...can see my kids without having to move the rear mirror or turn my head around. Also, captures cars behind me.
-(Built-in GPS Car Camera)The dash cam features built-in GPS module which helps record your driving track, speed and longitude, and latitude data.
-Actual size of screen 2.4 inch
-Equipped with a 360-degree rotating suction cup, this car recorder can be adjusted to face the side window so you can see who stop you.
-Dual lens camera Front 1080 HD Resolution
-Lightweight.
-Easy to install
-Loop recording prevents the card from being full
-Dashcam has a 12 months warranty. Which you can rarely find it on another manufacturer

CONS:
-It’s almost 80 bucks for a small electronic but very functional. Might buy a cheaper than this but the function is also fewer.
-Hardwire to be connected to the battery is not included on the package.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site