Sunday, July 14, 2019

July 14, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Scrappy's Bitters - Lavender Bitters, 5 oz

Scrappy's Bitters - Lavender Bitters, 5 oz

I discovered Scrappy's chocolate bitters in a review of bitters... they liked different flavors from different brands. Indeed this is the best chocolate bitters I've tried; others taste kind of odd or artificial. Here's a recipe for a chocolate mojito ... the chocolate is subtle but unmistakable, and the drink is still refreshing:

1.5 oz medium to dark rum, best quality you can
1 oz simple syrup
0.5 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
6-8 fresh mint leaves
8 shakes Scrappy's chocolate bitters
5-6 ice cubes
Lime seltzer

Place lemon juice and mint leaves in an old fashioned glass and muddle (crush the leaves to release the mint flavor).
Add the rum, simple syrup, and bitters. Add ice and stir to chill.
Top off glass quickly with the seltzer, to somewhat mix it without making the seltzer flat.

Variation: Crush several fresh raspberries in with the mint

Must agree with the other reviewers so far. Scrappy's orange bitters seem to have the truest flavor amongst the orange bitters I've used. I supplement my old fashioned recipe with this little gem and get rave reviews. Here's my recipe in case you're interested:

2 ounces good quality Bourbon or Rye
Simple or Maple syrup as sweetener to taste
2 shakes from a bottle of angostura bitters
6 shakes from a bottle of Scrappy's orange
Half ounce to an ounce of water
Orange rind

Fill a pint glass or cocktail glass with ice
add the sweetener, bitters, then booze and water
Stir relentlessly to mix and melt some of the ice
Strain into a new glass with (hopefully clear) ice (instructions on this here: http://clear-ice.net/how-to/clear-ice-cubes/)
Rub the orange rind around the rim of the glass, then add to the drink
Serve to gasps of appreciation

Bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas and it was worth every penny. A few drops add a powerful (but not overwhelming) lavender scent and flavor. We use it for our favorite nightcap consisting of 4 oz of chamomile vodka, 2 oz fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of honey, and a few drops of bitters shaken with ice.

If you love G&T's, & don't have this in your bitters arsenal, well you're really missing out. Don't worry about the price, my first one lasted me @ 4 years. And I enjoyed every minute of it. Hope this helps!

Straight chocolate. Wow! The chocolate bitters are my new favorite choice for an old fashioned. I was a little skeptical since you don't see much in the way of chocolate bitters used, but maybe it's time that changes. The chocolate taste isn't too strong if you use it sparingly, and gives cocktails an interesting take that you won't really find anywhere. Overall Scrappy's bitters seem to be right up there with all the other quality bitters. I would certainly recommend the chocolate, but I can't speak to any other flavors from them.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Scrappy's Lavender Bitters, 5oz
  • Scrappy's flagship blend and the originators of lavender bitters. Bright, sweet, yet remarkably well rounded. They have captured spring in a bottle which allows you to place the soul of the lavender flower in a glass.

Description

red-wine-alcohol



Makes awesome cocktails by adding subtle complexity. Unique flavor, the black lemon smells to me like candied lemon peels. And thank you so much for not adding artificial flavors or colors! I try to take care of my body even when I'm poisoning my liver. Love you scrappy's!

I bought this to make spicy margaritas as our signature wedding drink. They are awesome! They give a nice spicy kick and we bought two more bottles to have on hand for whenever we feel like adding that spicy twist to our drinks. Everyone asked how we made our signature drinks and they really enjoyed them!

I was muddling entire jalapenos to try and make my mules as spicy as I'd like. There is a craft cocktail bar near me that says they use "firewater" in their spicy mule, and with about 20 dashes it's PERFECT (much spicier than most would like though). I found it only and although it's expensive, it has a great flavor and can spice up mules or any other cocktail better than muddling and ending up with seeds/chunks of pepper stuck in your straw.

I fell in love with this Firewater bitters in a blackberry habanero margarita at a nice restaurant. It takes the sweet of the drink, and puts a little fire to it. But start slow because it really is very potent - just a few drops will do. Love it!

The real deal. I bought Sonoma lavendar syrup and could not smell lavendar at all. I am so glad I found scrappys. Plan to order more maybe they have a bigger bottle. Still trying to figure out how much to use for a cocktail but very pleased. Smells and taste great. I add it to my apple martini

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site