Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July 31, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | 1 comment

NETGEAR Orbi Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50) (Renewed)

NETGEAR Orbi Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50) (Renewed)

Setup was simple and the orbi app really guides you through the processes step by step. I tried several lower cost solutions to my issue of have a router in the basement and weak wifi signal upstairs, incouding wifi entenders and powerline kits. None of those provided enough signal strength and bandwidth for our needs.

I purchased the Netgear Orbi to replace a competitor's Wi-Fi system that I had been using for many years. In the past I had issues with weak signals in my home even though I had installed repeaters on each level of my home.

After reading about mesh Wi-Fi systems I thought I would give the Orbi a try. I was/am pleasantly surprised that it works pretty well. Yes, it does work better than the old network extenders that I had in place. with the Orbi I have pretty good coverage over my entire home with a three piece Orbi system. I purchased the RBK50 starter kit as well as one additional satellite unit. With these three pieces of hardware I have complete coverage of my two story home. I even have a Wi-Fi signal in my garage. Thus, I feel that this system works as advertised.

If I could change any thing about the system, is the fact that the Orbi automatically selects which devices will connect to each of the Orbi access points. Neither does the user have the ability to select which Wi-Fi frequency (5GHz or 2.4GHz) that their devices can connect to...this too is automatically determined by the Orbi system. It would be nice to allow the user of the system to select the Wi-Fi access point as well as the connection frequency

None the less the system works just fine. I have had only minor buffering issues and I think I some 35 devices connected to the Orbi system.... my home has "many" smart electrical light switches which are all connected to my wifi; thus, the reason for the 35 connected devices. The Orbi handles all of them just fine.

The setup was easy, and my internet speeds improved drastically within seconds of setting it up.

The good: Super easy to set up. Took about ten minutes. Powerful WiFi signal out performing previous system by leaps & bounds. The bad: I purchased a refurbished system. NETGEAR sent an email to extend my warranty, when I tried to accept their offer it said my product didn’t have it available. What?

The product was able to get rid of all of my wi-fi dead spots.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • FAST WHOLE HOME WIFI SYSTEM - Covers up to 5000 square feet with high performance WiFi, kit includes WiFi router and Satellites
  • TRI-BAND TECHNOLOGY - Unlike other WiFi sets that lose speed as you add devices, Orbi routers maintain data flow for your connected devices using a dedicated backhaul connection
  • SINGLE WIFI NETWORK NAME - Provides seamless room-to-room roaming throughout your home
  • QUICK & EASY SETUP - No need to create new accounts; just download the Orbi app, plug in your system, and follow the instructions on your PC, Mac or mobile device to get your house on the net

Description

2.40 GHz ISM Band - 5 GHz UNII Band - 6 x Antenna(6 x Internal) - 3000 Mbit/s Wireless Speed - 3 x Network Port - 1 x Broadband Port - USB - Gigabit Ethernet - Desktop



I bought this router for my new house and I’m completely satisfied with the coverage and easy to setup. Myself and internet company professional tested the coverage with our mobiles around the house and we were getting full strength when we placed the router in center of our house. We are here talking about 3000 sq ft house. Also the setup is very simple via orbi app and it is very user friendly. I would recommend this router since it has great coverage and also easy to install. We can also monitor our internet connection using the app remotely too.

Only had for 2 days but so far, I’m impressed. Easy setup, impressively fast, great bandwidth (fire tv in multiple rooms plus 2 people working/browsing) ...and no dead spots anymore in my large, old multi store house.

The Orbi RBR50 router was easy to set up and automatically synced to the satellite. I have a lot of smart home devices (Alexa, smart plugs and lights, printer), so did have to spend some time getting them all back on the new network, but it was well worth it and I had no problems with getting them reconnected. A PC that I had to connect with a very long ethernet cord to the old router is now back to wireless wifi. I finally have whole house coverage, and couldn't be more pleased.

I've had many routers over the years but this one is amazing. Took about 10 minutes (mostly time waiting on things to boot) to setup. Very easy to work with and the product is great quality. I won't use anything that isn't a Netgear product. They are reliable and tech support is awesome even if you have to pay for it.

I bought this item to replace my Netgear C7000 Router/Modem combo. I highly recommend you buy the extended warranty for around $7.00. I have gotten burned with other items with only the 90 day warranty protect yourself.

so far this works well and I am happy with the performance.

Get it Now

1 comment:

Search Our Site