Wednesday, July 17, 2019

July 17, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

MOSISO Water Repellent Neoprene Sleeve Bag Cover Compatible 13-13.3 Inch Laptop with Small Case, Baby Pink

MOSISO Water Repellent Neoprene Sleeve Bag Cover Compatible 13-13.3 Inch Laptop with Small Case, Baby Pink

Full disclosure: I'm an idiot. However, I live in a less than outstanding neighborhood and my laptop is life. So I was in the habit of hiding my laptop in the broiler. (It has gone well for six months.) But alas, the day came where I was truly idiotic and turned on the oven. MY LAPTOP CASE CAUGHT ON FIRE AND MY LAPTOP IS FINE. Buying another one, and keeping it out of the broiler. But one thing is for sure. This is one hell of a case. No joke. This is real life. I'm typing from my laptop now.

This laptop sleeve is very well made, as other reviewers have pointed out. No hanging strings or sloppy stitching whatsoever. The small case for adapter or mouse is also very nice.

The sleeve and small matching case is available in 5 color choices; I ordered mine in the wine red color, the shade of which is just as it is in the ad’s picture. The version of the case with carry handles and side pockets comes in 4 color choices.

The case is indeed attractive; sleek and streamline (see image #1). The seams are encased in wide, rugged binding (see image #2) … very nice. The zipper appears sturdy (see image #3), and has binding that runs along side it (on the inside of the bag) to reduce any risk of snagging or catching on fabric – see image #4. Also note in image #4 how nice, plush, and soft the lining inside the sleeve is, offering great protection against scratches, as well as bumps and bangs. The matching small case for adapter or mouse is also lined in the same plush fabric. It has protective binding along the sides, and the zipper extends from the bottom of one side of the case to the other, and nearly lays flat when fully opened - see image #5.

In one review that I read, the person stated that the sleeve was much too roomy for their laptop. Both the sleeve (no handles) and the version with handles are available in different sizes: 11-11.6” / 12” / 12-13.3” / 14” / 15-15.6”. It would seem that if the sleeve was ‘way too big’ for the laptop, the wrong size case was ordered. I ordered my case in the 13 - 13.3-inch size to accommodate my 13.3 MacBook Pro with Retina. As you can see in image #6 my MacBook (which has a thin hardcover on it) slides right into the laptop sleeve nice and snug, which keeps it from shifting around once the sleeve is zipped up.

I read in other reviews that the sleeve was not truly water resistant and that it soaked water up like a sponge. I tested that for myself. I dropped water onto my laptop sleeve. After waiting 15 - 20 seconds I took a picture of the water, which for the most part had remained beaded up on the surface - see image #7. After taking the picture of the water drops, I used folded paper towels to blot (push down on - not wipe or rub) the water - see image #8. As you can see by image #9, taken immediately after blotting up the water droplets, the laptop sleeve was relatively dry. Perhaps not completely dry, but not wet feeling either. In my opinion the laptop sleeve will provide some protection from dampness. Although the case is not water proof it is relatively resistant to water. It is one of the unique features of neoprene - the fabric from which it is made.

In regards to the odor that some of the other reviews complained about. Yes, I noticed a slight odor from my laptop sleeve as well; the odor was very strong when I sniffed at the sleeve up close. The odor is reminiscent to petroleum, which shouldn’t be surprising since neoprene is petroleum based.

WHAT IS NEOPRENE?
Neoprene is a synthetic polymer resembling rubber, or in some instances, a type of foam. It is resilient to oil, heat, and weathering. In fact, neoprene remains flexible in a wide temperature range, and is considered a good insulator. It also helps absorb impact, and is somewhat stretchy.

Some of the types of products made using neoprene include laptop sleeves, orthopedic braces, outdoor furniture cushions, saddle pads, cycling gloves, and wet suits (for scuba diving).

While the material is strong and enduring, like Superman it does have its kryptonite; there are several common-day chemicals to keep away from your new laptop sleeve. Boric acid, hydrogen peroxide, iodine, lard, palm oil, and urine … all will degrade neoprene if they come in contact with it.

PROS
* The Mosiso laptop sleeve (made from water-resistant neoprene) is attractive and streamline; it is sleek and professional looking. Combined with the neoprene material, the layer of polyester foam padding and plush lining will offer good protection for your laptop or tablet against scratches, dings, bumps, and dampness - AS LONG AS YOU REMEMBER TWO IMPORTANT FACTS: 1.) this is a soft sleeve/case and not a hard one. Because it made from fabric and not a solid material, take commonsense precautions and handle your expensive laptop/tablet with care, even when it is inside the sleeve. 2.) even though the laptop sleeve is made from water resistant material, avoid getting it wet. It will offer protection from dampness, a little rain, or a light splash. (In those instances, remove the laptop from the sleeve at your first opportunity, blot the dampness off the sleeve, and make sure it is perfectly dry before returning your laptop to the sleeve.) However, it is a no-brainer that purposely submerging the laptop sleeve in water, or allowing it to get drenched with any liquid with your laptop inside, is not a good idea.

* Both the sleeve and handle versions of this laptop case come in several sizes, with various color options to fit most person’s needs.

* The laptop sleeve and small matching case are both well designed, well constructed, and made from reasonably strong materials. How will this laptop sleeve hold up over time? I’ve only had mine for little over a week, but so far, so good. Only time will tell how it will hold up with prolonged use.

* At $14.99 the laptop sleeve is reasonably priced.

Based on design and workmanship I give this laptop sleeve 5-stars. However, it looses 1 star for the reasons listed under CONS. (I was going to dock 2 stars instead of just 1, but reasoned that it isn’t Mosiso’s fault that I’m so anal about potentially negative elements, due to my ongoing health issues.)

CONS
* While confined in a small apartment with windows closed during a rain storm, the odor from the laptop sleeve became more noticeable and more of an issue as time went on. After my eyes started to sting after sitting next to the laptop sleeve for a few hours, I decided to research the fabric that it was made from - neoprene. I discovered that while neoprene has many good characteristics (listed above), it also has a few less desirable ones. Neoprene is petroleum based (thus the strange odor). Also, lead-containing compounds (which can have a toxic effect) are used to prepare finished products made from it. This is why some persons have an allergic reaction when handling or coming in close contact to something made from this material.

PERSONAL MESSAGE
While I was offered this laptop case for free or at a discounted price, my review is unbiased and based solely upon my own experience with this product. I was in no way obligated to write a detailed review, or even a positive one. (If doubtful as to my credibility as an unbiased reviewer, visit my public profile page and read the personal message in my bio. Please also note that even when reviewing a product that I received for free or at a discounted price, I do not always rate the product 5 stars, or even 4 stars.)

This review took time to write, but I provided as complete and straightforward a review as possible, along with multiple pictures. Why? Because I am like you. I rely upon the comments and experiences of other consumers when making an Amazon purchasing decision. Thank you.

Pros:
-the moment you open the package, it screams "quality". Nothing out of place, no residue on the cover, no bad stitching; some people complain about a smell. The smell fades after a few days.
-inside is soft and has a "lip" so both your device and whatever you put into the smaller bag won't knock and scratch against the zippers
-both bags are a good size. I use the smaller one for my mouse.
Things to note:
-THIS IS NOT A HARD CASE. The entire case is soft, and while it's good quality there is NO rigidity whatsoever. I carry my laptop in this case, inside yet another pouch in my bag. If you're travelling, it's a good case to put into your backpack. It will protect against spills and such.
-GET A DARK COLOR; the bag gets dirty VERY easily. I regret getting a light color. Still, not their fault. Also, the Airy Blue is lighter than it appears in the picture.

I purchased this sleeve for my 13in MacBook Pro. I think it's a nice quality product for the low price I paid! It fits my laptop well. However, there is a little room for the MacBook to slide around in. However, I am totally fine with this! It is very soft inside and does a great job of protecting it. I bought this sleeve primarily to keep my MacBook protected in my backpack and in my home/counter/table. PLUS, this sleeve comes with a carrying pouch for your laptop charger and cord. The MacBook charger and cord fit perfectly in this pouch!

Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an affordable, slim-fitting sleeve for your MacBook Pro!

Nicely padded case. Colors are exactly what is in the photo and matches the mini case perfectly! Easily fit my 13" Macbook Air, with a plastic case on it. The smaller bag is big enough to hold my Apple mouse, charging cord, and even my headphones in their case! The inside is soft fur lined and I can't believe fabric that is so beautiful is water repellent. Great protection but also slim enough to fit easily in the shoulder bag I carry everything in. To be honest I ordered this by mistake when I ordered something else. I have a high dollar case that I didn't need to change, but I am so glad I made this mistake! It is lovely enough to give the impression of an expensive case without breaking the bank. Truly pleased with this purchase.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The big bag internal dimension is: 13.58 x 0.79 x 9.64 inch (L x W x H); external dimension is: 13.97 x 0.79 x 10.04 inch (L x W x H). The additional small pouch bag internal dimension is: 5.71 x 0.59 x 5.12 inch (L x W x H); external dimension is: 6.3 x 0.59 x 5.31 inch (L x W x H).
  • Features a neoprene foam padding layer and fluffy fleece fabric lining for bump and shock absorption and protection of your computer from accidental scratches.
  • Additional small storage pouch bag for you to storage MacBook mouse and earphone. Same color as the big sleeve bag, harmony and stylish.
  • Slim and lightweight; does not bulk your laptop up and can easily slide into your briefcase, backpack or other bag. Top-loading zipper on the sleeve glides smoothly and allows convenient access to your laptop computer.
  • Compatible with MacBook Air 13, MacBook Pro Retina 13, Old MacBook Pro 13 with CD-Rom, Surface Book 2/1 13.5, Surface Laptop 2 2018/2017, Dell Inspiron 13/14, Dell Latitude E7470 14, HP Elitebook 830 13.3, HP Elitebook X360 1030 13.3, HP Spectre X360 13.3, HP Envy 13, HP Stream 13/14, HP Pavilion 14, Lenovo IdeaPad 710S/720S 13/14 Inch, Lenovo 720 13.3/Yoga 2 Pro/Yoga 920, Asus ZenBook/Chromebook 13.3, Acer Swift1/7 13.3, Acer Swift5/Spin7 14, RAZER Blade Stealth 13.3 and most 13-13.3 Laptop.

Description

Why should take this bag? This MOSISO Water Repellent Neoprene Sleeve Bag Cover offers a simple and yet fashionable way to protect your MacBook or Ultrabook Netbook Tablet while you are on the go. MOSISO 1 year warranty on every bag.



I bought this sleeve for the purpose of protection in my tote and the elements on my daily commute. The product is described well in the review and I found those statements to be very accurate. The inside is a very soft material with piping to protect your laptop from the zipper. The little charger case is designed the same. (for apple users: i found it difficult to fit the charger with the extension and earbuds in small case. But there is enough room to put the extension in the laptop sleeve and the charger and ear buds in the smaller case) It is water resistant NOT waterproof. many other review seem disappointed in the water protection. I will protect against light rain and snow which is perfect for me. It is also a sleeve, not a case or bag. If you drop your laptop with this sleeve it will probably damage your computer. The color was true to the pictures. Also there is a factory/store smell. I was concerned it would be very aromatic causing other things to smell. But it is the same level that you would find with buying something at a store. It will dissipate within a few hours or days. I love this sleeve and it totally fulfilled my expectations for a sleeve.

I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen, which is a 14" laptop. I first purchased the 14-15" version of this case, but there was way too much extra room in the case. I returned that and got the 13.3" version. The 13.3" version arrived damaged, the zipper from the small pouch had nearly poked a hole through the side of the larger pouch during shipping. I don't know why they include that smaller pouch, I have no idea what to use it for. Despite that I still wanted to try the fitment of the laptop in the 13.3" version. I still felt like it wasn't snug enough. I returned that and bought the 13" version and that also came with some damage to the side of the larger pouch, from the zipper of the smaller pouch, and that one was too tight. I have reordered the 13.3" version despite the fact that it was still a little loose, and hopefully this one won't come with a "dent" in the side.

Soft stretchy material. The HP Spectre x360 fits nicely with enough room to hold the little case inside. The Spectre power cord fits in the little case if you don't use the longer extension. I wish the little case was a tiny bit bigger so I could fit the power cord AND mouse inside. No biggie, there is still enough room in the case for the mouse. The zipper quality is very good. Would like to see a couple of hidden handles or a detachable shoulder strap on the next version. Overall, very happy with purchase.

So far so good! I have a 2017 13 inch MacBook Pro, and I don't put any case on my MacBook (or on my iPhone for that matter). I mean why ruin the beautiful aesthetics by covering it up with some flimsy plastic? I just wanted a simple sleeve that could protect my laptop from scratches/nicks when I carry it around in my backpack. For the price, this sleeve seems to fit my laptop better than most other sleeves on Amazon. I tried other sleeves at this price range and even though they claim to be made for the new MacBook Pro, they're usually inch or more too big, which means my laptop could slide around inside of the sleeves. My recommendation to others is to make sure to check the internal dimension before buying, unless of course you don't mind/care about the extra room inside of the sleeve. I also like that they include a smaller sleeve for other peripherals, although I'd much rather just have an extra pocket/slot on the sleeve itself then having extra thing to carry around. Of course, it isn't perfect. I wish the fit was even more snugger, and as others have mentioned, it does have a strong smell of off-gas (chemical), but I'm sure it'll dissipate soon enough. Overall, I recommend it.

This thing is amazing and has saved my laptop on more than one occasion. I bought it many months ago but was inspired to write a review two days ago after walking 20 minutes in a rain and thunderstorm without an umbrella. My backpack, with everything inside was SOAKED. My shoes are still drying out even. While the laptop case was wet, my computer inside was completely dry! I was fully expecting my computer to be ruined when I pulled it out and I was in shock when it was completely fine. Aside from the rainstorm, I have spilled a few drinks inside my bag and it has never leaked into the case even a little bit. The outside of the case is a little stained from what I've put it through, and I have not tried to clean it, but it doesn't bother me at all. The quality is truly outstanding!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site