Monday, July 8, 2019

July 08, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Elgato Game Capture Card HD60 S - Stream and Record in 1080p60, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 (Renewed)

Elgato Game Capture Card HD60 S - Stream and Record in 1080p60, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 (Renewed)

Couple very very minor scratches (might have gotten them being repackaged for sale). No paper instructions at all, not a big deal because there is information on the Elgato web site. Worked just fine. Captured from three different inputs without issue. 1080p video captured was smooth and without a hitch. I was a little suspect being USB, as I use an internal card usually, but I needed portability and this works every bit as well. A pleasant surprise.

Remember to install the Elgato Game Capture HD software before plugging the unit into your computer. I did not and windows was stuck installing the device forever. Reboot fixed that. Once the Game Capture HD software is installed you can pretty much plug and play. OBS works perfectly with this device, and the game capture software works fine also. For my purposes, I need to use OBS studio.

Remember this unit is HDCP enabled -which means certain devices will not work such as a Chromecast (if you intend on using a Chromecast to capture a screen cast from a phone or laptop). You would need to buy a splitter that removes HDCP in order to do that. I do because I just don't want to deal with HDCP issues in general. As long as your computer has USB 3.0, and at least a 3rd gen i7, you should have no issues at all capturing video and/or streaming -that's the lowest processor I have to test with.

Worked exactly as it should. I'm very satisfied with the purchase. Since the seller couldn't answer, I'll answer my own question- it doesn't allow 4Kp24 downsampled to 1080p24, handles 1080p30 just fine. Other than that, been very stable and performs well!

I bought the Elgato HD 60 S refurbished, for streaming from PS4. It works exactly like it's supposed to. You have to manually disable HDCP in the system settings to use it, which is kind of a pain if you also use your PS4 for things like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. This is a problem with the PS4 though, and not the HD 60 S. I just thought it was worth mentioning for anyone who doesn't already know. I have had no problems at all with it though. Solid purchase.

I have to say I am really impressed with this capture card and the corresponding software that works with it. I have the benefit of having a 1gig Up / 1gig Down internet speed so I should get good results no matter what. However, right out of the box I plugged this puppy in and it went to work for me. Perfectly synced, perfectly captured, and perfectly streamed my game. I also bought the chat link cable and all my party chat is completely captured and in perfect sync as well. I'm so pleased.

Someone told me that support was dead for this thing. It's too bad, because it absolutely rocks at what it does. Once you get everything set up and configured, you can just play your games from the preview screen--no passthrough required.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
  • Stunning 1080p quality with 60 fps
  • State-of-the-art USB 3.0 Type C connection
  • Built-in live streaming to Twitch, YouTube & more
  • Instant Gameview: stream with superior low latency technology. Supported OS - Windows 10 (64-bit). MacOS Sierra 10.12 or later

Description

Go Create - You continuously evolve your content. Stream and record your finest gaming moments with HD60 S, and leverage the ultimate foundation to showcase what you're really capable of. Instant Performance - With a slick exterior, streamlined curves and striking LED status strip, HD60 S outperforms in appearance alone. But the real power lies within. Stunning 1080p60 quality leaves no doubt that you're serious about your craft, while a state-of-the-art, reversible USB-C connector gets you hooked up in a snap. It's plug 'n' play taken to the next level. Add voice with the built-in Live Commentary feature, so you're all set for the big show. Instant Streaming - HD60 S features a reliable, high-performance USB 3.0 connection to bring Instant Gameview to an external capturing solution for the first time. Now, your stream is powered by superior low-latency technology that gets you up and running on Twitch or YouTube in no time. Instant Recording - Want to show off your skills, showcase your highlights, or share your entire story as it unfolds? With HD60 S, wield the power of advanced GPU acceleration to seamlessly record hours of your gameplay. Then access your content right where you need it, and instantly create history. Instant Creation - Customize your stream without limits. Add your webcam, overlays, alerts and more, and change your layout on the fly with scenes. Forget to hit record? No sweat. Simply slide back in time and capture every moment retroactively. Stunning 1080p quality with 60 fps. For Mac- GPU- AMD or NVIDIA. For windows- GPU- Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series graphics (or better). CPU- Intel i5-4xxx quad or better for both OS. System Requirements - PC: Windows 10 (64-bit) 4th generation quad‑core Intel Core i5 CPU (i5-4xxx or comparable) Intel HD or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series graphics (or better) 4 GB RAM, built-in USB 3.0 port Internet connection - Technical Specifications Interface: USB 3.0 Input: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xb



Great device, big issue is the hardware encoder causes glitchy video (most likely due to my computer's upscaling of the video from 1080p to 4k, which stresses the encoder) however the software encoder works great with no problems. However if I didn't have a powerful desktop, I'm not sure if it would be capable of doing the same job. If I was going to re-purchase this I might look around for other USB enabled video cards so that my computer didn't need to do all of the work.

Works well, no issues despite being refurbished. I use this to alternate between streaming my PS4 and XB3. I don't use the onboard software, so I can't speak to it's efficacy. I use OBS Studio for all my capture needs. If only it had SD inputs as well, I could easily use this for 100% of my streaming capture needs, but as is it is very good.

The device itself its great but the software they expect you to use is terrible. I use OBS instead.

works great and it a fair price have not had any problems with it at all!

$50 less for a great, featured filled, like-brand new product? Count me in. (They repolish and repackage all Elgatos)

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site