Sunday, June 30, 2019

June 30, 2019 | by Daiki | No comments

Ohio Grown Goldfish Plant - 6" Hanging Basket - Blooms Frequently!

Ohio Grown Goldfish Plant - 6

I love this plant. It came very healthy and even had blooms on it. The flowers look exactly like a tiny gold fish; they are just awesome. I have had it inside hanging in front of my French Doors with the blinds open that give good light and some days I hang it out on my patio. It is beautiful. I would really like to order another one.

This was one of my first online plant purchases, so I wasn't sure really what to expect.
Well, this purchase exceeded any expectations I had even thought of!
I've had this plant now for about a year and a half or two years, and it has filled out very nicely. I've even planted some cutting from it, and they're thrivin as well!

Went through a little bit of shock when I got it (definitely because of the weather), but after putting it in a bigger pot and giving it some TLC by the window - it's about to burst with around 15 blooms ♥ New to this plant - but so glad I snagged it - super happy with this purchase ♥

A great plant! Very happy with this purchase, hit or miss with this vendor.

I received my plant yesterday. I have never ordered plants online before that were already potted so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to open my package and see the plant already had 2 "goldfish" blooms on it. One recommendation I would like to add in shipping is to remove the hook assembly for shipping. Mine was twisted and bent all sorts of ways making the plant basket crooked. To fix it I had to take it off the pot and bend it back. Overall I made a good purchase and am pleased with how it arrived. I think this plant may need a new pot because this one has nearly outgrown the 6 inch! Thank you for taking such care to ship it to me.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Proper name: Nematanthus glabra
  • Easy house plant to grow
  • Prefers bright, indirect light or morning sun
  • Water thoroughly when on the dry side
  • The plant you will receive is growing in a 6" hanging basket

Description

Ohio grown Goldfish Plants are much hardier than southern grown plants. Native to tropical America, the goldfish plant belongs to the same family as African violets and gloxinias. The flowers look just like goldfish without fins. This is a classic plant for a hanging basket. It grows best indoors in bright filtered light, or outside in a warm sheltered position, but it is frost tender. Water your goldfish plant well in the growing season, but keep it fairly dry during the winter months. Tip prune after flowering to maintain size and shape.



Because of the heat I worried about this plant. It spent a few hours in our shared block locked mailbox. I thought for sure the heat would have an affect. It didn't. I pulled this plant out of the box and it looked like I bought it from a nursery. I'm so impressed. Yes there was a lot of Styrofoam packing and I'd be happier with the cornstarch peanuts but they kept my plant safe. I highly recommend this seller.

Terrible packing. Soil was spilled all over packing box. Plant was shoved in a pot too small for it with branches intertwined through the hanger. Let's see if it survives. Was ice cold when it arrived. Edit: plant is looking better. Has some buds and one flower so far.
Edit: After a little over a month this plant is thriving in a sunny bow window, on a plant rack not directly in the sunshine. I have the pot on a tray with rocks and keep water in it for humidity. It's grown one flower so far but quite a few bud are showing up.
The first picture is the goldfish plant.

Arrived in perfect condition! It was wrapped in paper and packed in peanuts. Minor dirt loss to unpack and I only lost two leaves getting it out.

Plant is healthy and strong. Has lots of buds.

I'm thrilled!

(Received in Oklahoma suburb)

I got the plant last March and I got the first bloom the end of July. The plant hangs under a screened in porch and gets morning sun in Orlando Florida. The goldfish plant receives regular watering and fertilizer. Beware of an insect that will chew on the leaves. I keep the insects in check by using Raid House & Garden inscecticide spray. I also use orchid Better Bloom fertilizer (11-35-15) about every 3 weeks. It is a slow growing plant.

A couple of things--first, I did not realize that this is supposed to be an indoor plant. However, I have it hanging outside and it's pretty. It seems to be quite happy in the planter. Although, I've never seen any of the actual goldfish flowers. That is probably totally my fault though, because I have a horrid black thumb.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site