Monday, April 15, 2019

April 15, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

VuPoint Magic Wand Scanner Kit PDS-ST415-VP-CR (Renewed) ...

VuPoint Magic Wand Scanner Kit PDS-ST415-VP-CR (Renewed) ...

The package was complete as described. It included an 8 GB memory card. The scanner is simple to set up and use. It is fast compared to an older all in one flatbed scanner. It do notice that the scanned images of documents are not as bright as the flatbed scans of the same documents. This is not a problem for the documents I'm scanning but may be of a concern for photos (which I have not scanned). It is simple to use. The toughest part is getting the scanner placed properly at the top of the document, perpendicular to the scanned direction to be scanned so that the scan stays properly aligned at the bottom of the scan and doesn't wander off the edge. It is helpful to have the document on a somewhat non-slippery surface to keep it in place. I've not used the included software in that I have other photo editing S/W that I use. All in all a very nice scanner for under $35.

The reason I bought this is to scan my album pictures without taking them out.
Using the supplied batteries and the 900 dpi jpg setting, I tried to do some scans. Can't believe though that only after 5 scans, these batteries died! Tried a new set of batteries but they only lasted another 6 scans.

I tried a 3rd pair but this time used alkaline batteries. Wow, huugggeeee difference! I was able to scan a whole album of 100 scans with 2/3 charge left. I was able to do 2-3 scans per minute of album pages at 900 dpi jpg. Each file size is more than 3MB. I am satisfied with this product! I just want an easy way to digitize my old pictures without taking them out of the albums.

With regards to the actual operation, here are some comments:
1) Even at 900 dpi, no need to scan really slow. You just need to slow down between pictures in an album because the uneven surface in between causes an error message.
2) You have to reset the date and time every time you have to change the batteries. Fine point pen or paper clip is needed to go through the pin hole.
3) Remember to change to desired dpi after turning on. The default setting is low dpi.

For a $46 refurbished product, I'm satisfied and happy with this product. It goes well with my needs and fortunately all it needs are alkaline batteries.

It works. I suggest reading the directions however in order to operate with consistency. For instance. It shuts off after so many seconds or minutes of non use in order to save battery life. Also the procedures of scanning requires a smooth surface (common sense) and a slow and steady gentle hand motion of moving the scanner across the photo or object. No quick or jerky motions as this will confuse the scanner and an error message will arise and you will have to try again lol!!! So the point is that mine works just fine. I am backing up old photos so i use the highest level of resolution.

This is a great product when you need to have a scan done and no other scanning devices are near. It works a described and is able to product some great scans. One tip is that you must get to know all of its functions and practice to achieve the desired results. The additions of the included SD card is a plus as is the carrying bag. I keep mine with me in my bag of tools as I call them and usually keep it in my vehicle. It comes in very handy at the library to capture that page of information you will need later and I have often been asked to scan other friends research as well. Finally told them where to get their own. A great and handy, useful tool...

Was intrigued by a scanner with OCR software. Don't bother with the software. You are sent a disk with version 9.0, the current version is 12.0 and you are not given a code to upgrade it. Version 12.0 doesn't even work on a lot of typed text.

Scan quality of the scanner itself is fine. It is better than taking a picture with my phone.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • ARCHIVE AND ORGANIZE YOUR SCANS - Connect your scanner to a computer (Windows or Mac OS) using the included USB cable and microSD card to view and transfer your files
  • COMPACT AND PORTABLE - Slide your scanner into the drawstring pouch, which slips conveniently into a purse or briefcase so you can scan important documents and photos on-the-go when no copier is available
  • INCLUDES BONUS OCR SOFTWARE - Optical Character Recognition software allows you to convert saved documents into text editable and searchable files compatible with popular word processing and spreadsheet software (software is Windows only; not compatible with Mac OS)
  • SCANNING SPECS - Plug-and-play device scans documents 8.27" wide and up to 98" long in as little as 3 seconds, with resolution choices of 300DPI, 600DPI, or 900DPI (Higher resolution scans will need to be scanned slower)

Description

What's in the Box

VuPoint ST415 Wand Scanner
MicroSD card
OCR Software
2x AA Batteries
USB Cable
Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Carrying Pouch
Calibration Paper
User Manual & Quick Start Guide
90-Day Manufacturer Warranty

Simply Portable

Less than a foot long, the Magic Wand Portable Scanner scans documents, photos, newspapers, receipts, and more, and saves them to a microSD card (included). It's perfect for travelling, or even simply keeping at home as an alternative to bulky scanners. Slide it into the drawstring pouch for instant protection, and easily transport it in a purse or briefcase. Because the scanner is battery powered and saves up to 200 scans per battery refresh (batteries included), there's no hassle of trying to take a charging cable everywhere, making it reliable anywhere you go.

Scan what you need at the library before lugging heavy books home
Capture your favorite fabrics to compare later
Save your children's drawings digitally
Scan a poster or magazine to share with your friends
Archive precious family photos or a friend's recipe
Scan your homework before the dog eats it
Save important work documents so you won't lose them

Order now to scan important documents on the go, archive precious pictures and your kids' drawings, and eliminate the clutter from your day-to-day life.



Works as expected. On higher quality you really have to go slow or it will cause an error. I also wish you had the option to keep adding to a PDF instead of creating individual files. However, it does the job and is easy to carry in my bag.

i like it very much this is my third one, friends and relatives always bully me for it

I was a bit skeptical to buy a handheld scanner. I looked for a flatbed canon but I discovered they're too expensive now days and half they sell here on Amazon don't work well with windows 10. So, that brought me to this! It was a bit of a gamble seeing how this unit was a refurbished but it arrived without a scratch, smudge, or finger print. As long as you have a steady hand this works great! Also remember that the lower dpi, suitable for text not photos, I noticed you can move a little faster than a slug-pace required for the high dpi. Very happy!

One of the few digital items I have purchased that works right out of the box and requires little training to operate. The only skill required is the ability to move the wand steadily over the printed page.

Terrific handy device. I wanted to scan some old photos and this did a fine job but I can also seeing a use for it in scanning documents. I had been concerned about the mini SD card and using it in my laptop but the scanner comes with both a converter to use the mini SD as a regular SD as well as a USB cable so it was really easy to transfer photos from the scanner to my laptop. Also comes with detailed instructions so easy to learn to use. Thumbs up!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site