
I have played 5 rounds with this watch. The feature I was most excited about was the shot tracking. Having the ability to see the round at the end of it and see all of your shots and where they went was very appealing. The watch only detects about 1/3 of my shots. It wasn't even picking up my drives which is the shot you hit the hardest and should be the easiest to pick up. So at the end of the round, you have holes that show one shot tracked or no shots. I went 3 holes today without one shot being tracked. I have tried for a week to contact garmin and all they have told me to do is update the software on the watch. I have asked if there is any way to manually mark a shot if it isn't detected and there isn't. They have not responded to my questions regarding that option. As far as telling me how far I am from the hole, it is flawless. As far as an activity tracker, the app is very rich and its great. But I wanted a dedicated golf watch, not an activity tracker.
UPDATE!!****** I worked with Luke who is a software developer at Garmin and he saw my above review and reached out. Turns out, I was wearing the watch on the wrong wrist. I am left handed so I wear my watch on my right wrist, but I golf right handed. Apparently, the watch needs to be worn on the leading wrist when golfing. The next time I took the watch out on the course, I wore it on my left wrist and It didn't miss a shot. It was much more sensitive and was even picking up practice swings and my chips around the green. I now can have a complete review of every round. Thanks Garmin!
Watch worked out of the box. Immediately synched with Garmin Connect, no issues. Played 18 today, watch had 92 percent batt when I started, ended round at 58 percent. That was using every feature including auto shot tracker and scoring.
Watch very customizable. Can download different apps and watch faces and it's super easy to do. It's basically a slimmed down Fenix 5. It's 46mm so it's the perfect size (tho many women may not like that big of a watch)
These bad reviews are strange. I never even read the manual and figured it out in 5 minutes. It literally was plug and play.
And no. You don't need a computer. Everything can be done on the app. And if you own a cell phone you own a block to charge it. Not sure why so many people think they need to buy a charging block 😂😂
Your TV USB will even charge it. Or as I said, your phone block. Or iPad. Or kindle. Any block that takes USB will charge the watch. Silly people.
The watch auto shot and tracker was awesome. Maps out distance and where the ball landed, which is reviewable after the round when you sync to garmin connect. Then you just tap the scorecard and scroll through the holes at the bottom and select which you want to look at. Scroll left and right to go through all of them. I also own game golf live which I now will sell (no more tagging my shots!)
I'm beyond pleased with the S60.
I love this watch. I read the independent reviews online before purchasing, so I knew the incredible amount of features it has. After reading the negative product reviews on Amazon, I was a little concerned about my ability to learn the settings. However, after some quick Google searches and watching some videos on YouTube, harnessing the S60's capabilities really wasn't that hard. You just have to have some patience to learn - this watch can do a LOT of stuff. After a week of use so far:
Pros:
* the golf functions are flawless. I spent a round on the course messing around with it. Yardage readings were extremely accurate and it was perfectly visible in direct sunlight. It was also cool (or embarrassing) to see the yardage of each shot automatically, without having to touch any buttons.
* the watch is versatile. It's a lot lighter than I expected, for a device with so many options. It feels the same as my FitBit Blaze, as far as size and weight. There are also over a hundred watch faces to choose from, so you can easily change the appearance on a whim. Install the Garmin Face-It app, and you can create your own custom face (included a pic of one I created).
* having used FitBit products for the last ~4yrs, I honestly thing the Garmin is a more-accurate step tracker. I noticed my FitBit would register 5-8 'phantom' steps during my 45min commute in the car. I don't know if that's due to vibration in the steering wheel, 'lively hand motions' to other motorists, or whatever. I notice that the Garmin doesn't give me any 'bonus' steps. When wearing them at the same time and actually counting steps, the Garmin was more accurate by a couple of steps.
* fantastic battery life. I've worn it eight straight days, including a round of golf, and still haven't needed to recharge. Based on my usage, it uses less than 10% a day (I've just used it as a watch today, and it's only used 3% in the 14hrs I've been awake). Utilizing the GPS and golf features during a round of golf will burn ~25-35% - I was messing with it constantly during my round, and it used ~30%.
Cons:
* it ain't cheap
* even though it's pricey, it doesn't include a heart monitor - the only thing I miss from my FitBit. You can add an accessory for that function...for an additional price.
* it's app-happy. I had to install three apps to cover the features I wanted to utilize; Garmin Connect (most of the general settings/features), Garmin Golf (granular golf tracking/stats) and Garmin Face-It (custom watch faces).
In the end, I have no regrets over the purchase. I love it.
Just played my first round with it. I have owned several Garmin Golf GPS - S6, S20, etc. and the displays on the newer ones are far superior to the older ones. This is no exception. it is really nice to look at. It also has a lot of features for activity tracking in addition to Golf features, (but you do not have to use these features). But as a golf watch it is very good, very fast, and very accurate. Battery life is about the same as the S6 - about 9.5 hours, maybe 10 of Golf - enough for two rounds a day. The display is superb - truly. Worked perfectly right out of the box after full charge, and had 50% charge remaining after a 4:45 round.
Best watch I've ever had. Primary purpose is for golf but I like that I can use it for running and biking as well. No longer need to switch out my watch between golf, running, work and leisure. This is the only watch I use. I like the fact that you can switch out the bands for the watch. Mine came with the leather band but have purchased silicone bands, one from Garmin and one from a site on Amazon (same bands as the Fenix 5). The Garmin band was $45 and the one from the Amazon site was $10. Same quality but one comes from Asia so it takes a little longer to receive.
Through some trial and error I was able to figure out how to use the automatic shot feature. It doesn't work when you have the option for big numbers selected. Once I switched it off, I know see the automatic distance after I select the club. Only minor issue is when I take a practice swing sometimes it will detect it as a real swing and log it. Minor issue that I will figure out.
I've only used it for 6 rounds so far and no issues with battery life. Looking forward to using it for back to back rounds.

Feature Product
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course. Quick Fit 22 mm watch band compatible
- Large, 1.2 inches Sunlight-readable color touchscreen display. Available outdoor recreation profiles : Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing
- Quickly gets your location using GPS to Show precise yardages to greens, Hazards and doglegs, on full-color course maps
- Convenient Quick Fit bands for fast style changes without tools. Battery life- up to 10 hours in golf mode; up to 10 days in watch mode
- More than 40, 000 preloaded courses from around the world. QuickFit watch band compatible:0.866 inches
Description
Look good on and off the course. The Approach S60 golf watch gives you the critical information you need for your round -displayed on a large, 1.2-inch sunlight readable color touchscreen -so you can master your game. And with convenient Quick Fit bands, you can change your style without tools to match your activity, so you’re always in fashion.
I can't rave enough about this watch!!! I read the reviews before purchasing and understood that some people found it be not so accurate all the time. Other wrote that the battery didn't last long. I have found that after a full charge, the batter last several days. I wear this on my left hand because I am a right handed golf player. I have had this for six weeks now and it has worked perfectly!! And.....the instructions on how to pair with my phone, etc were so simple to follow. A winner for sure!!!!
Looking for a GPS for Golf? I originally thought I wasn't going to like this product. Having used a range finder, I didn't think I was going to like wearing this on my wrist. I was pleasantly surprised. This product is very light weight. You almost don't remember it even on your wrist. The screen is awesome, being able to see clearly in bright sunshine and on a full color screen with each course your playing well defined. It shows your position with the yardages. You can select it to show you the plays like distance as well as the standard yardages for tournament play. The screen is not very high definition though, but is more then adequate for a golf watch. The price is steep, but its an investment you won't be disappointed with. Having tossed between the new release for 2019 the Approach S40, this was a no brainer. For me $50 more the features are better and the screen graphics for each hole are much better. This shows you the entire hole while the S40 only shows a graphic with different color lines and in my opinion looks very cheap. The shot tracking is amazing. It is really what sold me on this device. Being able to go in after your round and see what shots you made and from where is awesome. It will also give you club distances on a summary in the Garmin Golf App. You can also download courses so if you don't have internet, you can still launch the golf GPS on the watch. There is so many features, this thing is amazing.
I love my S60 Approach watch but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the post round analysis that shows every shot laid out on a map of he golf course? I have turned on Auto shot, club tracking, distance measurement, etc. But I just can't seem to find the map tracking feature on garmin Connect or my Garmin connect app.
Where do I go to see this (pic attached). What am I doing wrong here?!
First off I love this thing. Perfectly readable in bright sunlight, does well on runs, and is excellent on the course. I've been loving looking at my rounds hole by hole.
The one thing I want is to be able to manually add shots when I take them. The auto shot tracking works exactly like they say...and that includes not tracking soft chip shots and putts. I just really want to be able to take a putt, tap a button and move on.
Interface is a little clunky at first but after you get the hang of it, it really makes sense.
This is a great watch 80% of the time. Had a hard time getting it set up to record shot to shot and it still isn't showing the results. The first time I was able to have it record (asking club selection) it sucked the battery dry in an hour while playing 18 in a scramble locked the watch up leaving me with NO YARDAGE, I still have never had it record shot by shot and show the results for 9 holes let alone 18. I doubt it will make it through 2 full rounds in basic golf (yardage) mode.
The charge port is fussy, hard to get a good connection but when it connects charges fast.
Bezel disappeared on my last round don't know how it's a fixed bezel? But it appears to be attached with 2-way tape?
I think this watch is intended to just be used for golf only when you golf for 5 hours then put it away.
Does not seem to hold up well for other sports, I wear it 24/7 and have for the last 6 months.
Love it when it works like intended. And Garmin has been good for warranty work, going to see how they handle this and how long it will take.
I enjoy what the watch can do, just can't seem to get it to do it right.
Update, I called Garmin and the same day they sent me out a NEW in the box S60, got it in 2 days...I like that.
I give 5 stars on Warranty but 3 Stars on product quality after 6 mo.







0 comments:
Post a Comment