Monday, September 30, 2019

September 30, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

D-Link EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router – 4K Streaming and Gaming with USB Ports, 4x4 Dual Band Wireless Router (DIR-882-US)

D-Link EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router – 4K Streaming and Gaming with USB Ports, 4x4 Dual Band Wireless Router (DIR-882-US)

I hesitantly upgraded from a D-link DIR-816L.

I'm actually very impressed with this new router. It seems oddly large compared to my old D-Link. However It was easy to configure after taking several minutes to figure out the navigation menus.

I didn't need to mess with having to configure the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands as it switches for you automatically as needed, and guest login was simple which is handy for my shop customers/staff. I really didn't have to configure that much. It was simple to apply filters to forbidden sites.

I've noticed real world large file wifi transfers with my AC capable adapters speeds have tripled.

The range is much better than my older D-link wifi router. Previously I had to use a booster to reach my shop through several walls. Now I don't need to use it.

This was a great buy and so far everything is excellent. I'd highly recommend this product.

Last year, I got tired of my TP-Link Archer AC1750 and decided to 'upgrade' to a pair Google OnHubs to take advantage of Google WiFi's supposedly great mesh network system. I have never owned a more disappointing, piece of garbage, feature-less router than Google WiFi. This past weekend was the last straw, so I decided to look elsewhere. Most of these mesh systems attempt to be very consumer friendly in that they only offer apps for management rather than a web admin page. I *need* a web admin page. I do port forwarding and use DHCP reservations, which are frustrating to do on an app, and I flat out hate using my phone to administer my router.

My house is 2350 sqft, and 2 stories. I was initially concerned that the D-Link AC2600 EXO (DIR-882) wouldn't cover my whole house and back yard, but those concerns were unfounded. I placed the router upstairs in the front of the house, and speed tests are still excellent in the backyard.

The web admin page is clean and uncluttered, and updating the router didn't wipe the settings, which may seem like an obvious feature, but tell that to TP-Link. The only thing that was difficult to find was where to do DHCP reservations (the home menu, click on the device list, then on a specific device). Everything else was pretty straightforward.

I did turn off the smart connect feature (or whatever it's called) on the Wireless page, because my iPhone was connecting automatically to the 2.4 GHz network instead of the 5 GHz network. That might've been because of something I did on my Mac, though (changes sync across iCloud...yadda yadda), so possibly not the router's fault. Anyway, overall, I'm happy with this router so far. The price point for the feature set seems pretty hard to beat.

This was a perfect and inexpensive upgrade to my CAT5E wired LAN. With my old 10/100 Fast Ethernet router I was only getting 15 mb/sec download while I pay for a 100 down 10 up broadband cable. With this switch I am now getting over 100 mb/sec on anything connected to CAT5. I also upgraded my modem to a DOCSYS 3.1, but I first tested with my old 3.0 modem and was reliably getting 90 mb/sec. This is a great switch for an average house that has drops wired in bedrooms plus living room etc.

Works well. My devices seem a little faster, especially the ones that can use the upper band. I have had to reset it 2 or 3 times in a month or so but still using DOCISS 2 cable modem with it. That might be a problem. Seems about the same frequency of required resets as with the N wireless it replaced. Also not paying for fastest internet service. Haven't had time to upgrade.

Setup was only slightly confusing. I did have trouble with setting them up as infrastructure printers but I think that turned out to be due to old drivers on the computers, one very declining-health inkjet (which is now dead), and incorrect "wake on print job" setting on a printer. The other, hp laser jet, seems to now be working fine from both a Mac and a PC.

Signal strength seems about the same as my old 'N' router as I don't get full bars when in my home office (about 30 feet but looking thru 3 walls and a pantry of food). All devices at that location work satisfactorily though. I did put the D-link on top of a high cabinet though in hopes of eliminating some blocking from other network devices inside the cabinet.
Location of the WPS button is easy to confuse with the RESET button. You must look closely at the tiny labels and I had to use a flashlight. They should have put the WPS button on the front/top or at least put large, contrasting labels on it.
The D link is pretty big, check the dimensions, including antenna height, against your planned location before buying it.
Overall, these are minor complaints and I am satisfied with the D link for my 'N' to 'AC' upgrade.
D-Link EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router - 4K Streaming and Gaming, With USB Ports (DIR-882)

Love this router. I had a cheap $40 router that worked ok in our old home but we recently moved to a 2,000sgft 2 story home, our old router just could not keep up or get good signal. The master bedroom up stairs on the other side of the house we couldn’t hardly load Hulu or anything on our firstick. As your can see in the picture the lower numbers are up stairs next to our tv and the higher numbers are down stairs where the router is, we also have 4 TVs 2 fire sticks 2 phones and a Xbox hooked up without any problems, I haven’t got to test the speeds outside yet but I didn’t have any problems loading anything outside or in the basement. Set up was pretty easy as well took 2 try’s changing the name of the WiFi name though


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • AC2600 DUAL BAND ROUTER - Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 1733 Mbps in 5GHz) to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network
  • STREAM, GAME, AND MORE - Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams and 4 high-performance antennas
  • DUAL CORE PROCESSOR - The dual core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless internet network speeds
  • MULTI-USER MIMO TECHNOLOGY - Significantly improves simultaneous streaming on multiple devices
  • ADVANCED SMART BEAM - Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range throughout your home
  • INTELLIGENT QOS - Traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
  • TWO USB PORTS - Remotely deliver high-speed data transmissions for storage devices (one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0)
  • INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE - For easy setup from your mobile devices and network management from your desktop
  • CONNECT SECURELY - WPA/WPA2 encryption for home network security

Description

D-Link DIR-882-US AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Wireless Router delivers premium performance for today's most demanding tasks: HD streaming, gaming, and multiple device usage. It comes packed with speeds of up to 2,533 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 1,733 Mbps in 5GHz ), a high-performance dual-core processor, AC Smart Beam Technology, Intelligent Quality of Service (QoS) with traffic prioritization, four high-performance external antennas for maximum wireless range, a new user interface, Smart Connect and with an easy setup. The DIR-882-US is the perfect combination of wireless internet performance and ease of use



Plug and play, EZ-PZ, all that stuff. Works just fine right out of the box.

I had one simple problem. I have all the plug-in keystones in a "structured wiring enclosure", or a metal box set into a studwall. It also encloses this switch. That box isn't very deep, and I put an outlet in it for this switch, but the wall wart power supply is so elongated that there's no room in the box as it sits cross-ways to the orientation of the duplex outlet, and intrudes into the plane of the enclosure's cover plate. If you have this sort of power arrangement hidden in your wall box, you might need a multi-tap that effectively rotates the outlet ninety degrees, such as B001UE7SC8 (and others) here. Just a heads-up...

So far so good. I was using a 7 year old bottom end router. Over the years we have added electronics that use wifi. Currently we have 12 different items that use the wifi. The house is a 2 story 1600 square foot bi-level home and the router sits down stairs. After switching to this router I have not experienced any lag in gaming and both roku's don't stop for buffering. The range is excellent and the speed (both upload and download) are at what we are paying for. I would highly recommend this router to anyone with a lot of stuff in there house that uses wifi.

I was a little worried about this router (AC2600) after reading some reviews. I have stuck by D-Link products and sole use them if I can and this router has been the best D-Link router I have ever used. It was time to upgrade from my previous D-Link router since it reached end of life and this was a no brainer. It has never caused any connectivity issues, is solid as a rock, and offers ridiculously blazing fast throughput. I have read others state that the configuration settings have been pared down but for me, that is a good thing! The previous D-Link settings were so vast that the configurations were endless and if one small setting screwed everything up, it was a nightmare to troubleshoot and often meant I would need to reset and start over. I like the interface and again cannot stress how little I have to think about or maintain this router. It just works and works well!

Hands down an amazing purchase.

I was using a 6 year old linksys e2500 router. My house is 2600 sq ft and I needed a repeater to even remotely use internet around my house. I upgraded to gigabit fiber internet, and the e2600 just wasn't cutting it. I was averaging 30-40mbps on wireless, and 70mbps wired.

But THIS new router!! oh my god.. this new router! First off, setup was the easiest I've ever encountered in a router. Literally just plug in, go to 192.168.0.1, and it detects everything for you and prompts for a new wifi name and password. And then you're just good to go! Configured pppoe for me as well.

As far as the speed difference:
For wireless, where i was getting 20-25 mbps, I'm now getting 160-180!! My wife even got 300mbps on her iPhoneX!
For wired, where I was getting 70-80 mbps, I'm now getting 200-230!!
Not only that, but I don't even need my repeater anymore! The range on this thing is incredible! full house Wifi!

Very satisfied! Very much recommend!

I upgrade my network equipment on a fairly regular basis as new tech comes out and as the amount of connected stuff I have in my large household increases. I am a developer who works at home, I've got a large number of devices, NAS, PCs, connected cameras, as well as a bunch of phones, tablets, audio, 2 smart tvs 2 game consoles, and a few other connected things. We also run a youtube channel, podcast, and stream. I upgraded from Netgear's comparable router to the D-Link, and my bandwidth doubled, and the MIMO/QOS functionality can be seen easily by running speedtest on multiple devices at the same time. The firmware and features of the D-Link are so much richer and nicer than the Netgear I may never go back. I never could get a netgear to give me an accurate list of connected devices, and the netgear's firmware was so slow. the D-Link gets it right every time, and the firmware is _fast_. The D-Link has been running for about a month straight now without any downtime, slowdowns, reboots or problems. It was very easy to set up (contrary to some of the other reviews online, but maby that is due to my experience level) Next upgrade is definitely going to be a D-Link.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site