Saturday, July 13, 2019

July 13, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

The Heiress (Miss Bell's Finishing School Book 2)

The Heiress (Miss Bell's Finishing School Book 2)

This is a wonderful story of a girl who wants to just be on her own and live her life. Penelope Foster is ward to the Duke of Blackbourne whom she has never seen. She finds the Duke has become a young formal Naval Captain, Nicholas. Nicholas wants nothing more than rid himself of his charge by marrying her off. This story is has some humorous lines, romantic and frustration. I really wanted to shake Nicholas a few times but he finally gets it. This is easily a stand alone novel though it is the second in the series. I enjoyed reading this story.

This was my first Laura Beers book and it won’t be my last! In a book the length of a novella she was able to develop her characters as if the book were twice as long. The story idea had some familiarity to it, but the personalities of the characters gave it a fresh feel. The heroine was sweet and easy to like while still having a backbone and a personality. The hero was a bit more typical but he was still enjoyable to read. I did feel that the dialogue was a bit too modern, at times, but I did not take off a star because it was just so fun to read (kept me up late...). I’m thinking I need to get more books by this author, her writing just pulled me in and made me feel at home! Good stuff!!!

I really enjoyed this book. This is the second book in the series and in my opinion, this book is much better than the first one. I loved the characters and it had a great balance of humor, tension, fun and of course clean Romance.
My only wish is that it was longer. I would have liked to have some more background with the Duke's brother and more done with Penelope and her parents. I just wish there was more! Overall, a great read!

I am a big fan of Laura Beers! Her stories always deliver. Meet our heiress, Penelope Foster.... one of 4 young women who have become fast friends. She is the ward of the Duke of Blackbourne. Their first meeting is priceless. Great storyline... a mixture of romance and intrigue! Wonderful characters, clean romance, well written and edited. You will be hooked on the very first page. Enjoy this delightful story!

After reading the first book in this series, I was so excited to read The Heiress by Laura Beers. I’ve loved ALL the books Laura has written, and this book was great! I love how Laura is so good at introducing the characters and making their stories come to life. Nicholas and Penelope find each other intriguing, but their stubbornness gets in the way. It was fun to follow these characters along while tbey discover their love for one another and how to make their relationship work. I’m a sucker for a sweet love story, and this book has it!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • GOOD

Description

After the death of his father, Nicholas, Duke of Blackbourne, begrudgingly left behind his distinguished naval career to assume his proper role in Society. As he settles into the boring life of an aristocrat, he discovers that he has inherited something far worse than boredom, something that he is wholly unprepared for… an eighteen-year-old ward.

Heiress Penelope Foster was banished to Miss Bell’s Finishing School only days after her parents died in a tragic accident. Five years later, she is still bitter about her guardian’s neglect. Her only goal is to avoid the duke and the dreaded marriage mart until she meets her majority. Then she will control not only her inheritance but will have the freedom to marry for love.

Nicholas is duty-bound. Penelope is stubborn. Neither expect to find the other so intriguing, but when they are caught in a tangled web of greed and deceit, they will have to decide whether they are willing to risk everything for love.



Also part of the Ladies of Miss Bell's Finishing School Series:
- The Governess by Elizabeth Johns
- The Heiress by Laura Beers
- The Beauty by Rebecca Connolly
- The Spinster by Bree Wolf



The story of Penelope, a forthwrite, headstrong, kind and compassionate debutante, and Nicholas, a reluctant duke and previous sea captain who is used to issuing orders and seeing them obeyed without question. He has inherited a ward he has no idea what to do with and must get her married off as soon as possible. I enjoyed this story, lapped up the romance of it and sighed at the end. Thank you for writing this sweet story.

Such a fun Regency romance story with great characters and plot. Thank you, Ms. Beers, for a thoroughly entertaining afternoon.

This book sucked me in! Didn’t want to put it down- loved it from beginning to end. I loved it!

It is fun and fast. I dislike the almost agresive male protagonist and the lack of passion between the leading characters

I love reading the adventures and the fun, intriguing, complex, lovable characters this author can unfold. She never disappoints. Thank you!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site