Sunday, June 30, 2019

June 30, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer, HP Instant Ink & Amazon Dash Replenishment ready (M2U85A)

HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer, HP Instant Ink & Amazon Dash Replenishment ready (M2U85A)

The printer works fine, but I sure went through a workout to get it connected to my Wi-Fi. Note that I am a former computer trainer and I definitely can read and follow directions. What I finally found out, after so much frustration, is that HP has designed the setup process to make you sign up for the instant ink. I went through the setup about 10 times and every time I tried to decline the instant ink, my home Wi-Fi was disconnected. I don't print much, so I finally signed up for the 1-15 pages a month, which was free. After I put my credit card info in, I received a message that they were sending me new cartridges in about 10 days. I didn't need new cartridges that quickly, so I called the instant ink number and the rep said that I would NOT have to pay for the cartridges. He said they needed to get the new cartridges to me so they could detect when my printer was low on ink. So, there must be some electronic device in the new cartridges. If they had made this more clear on the website, I would have signed up initially. I thought the 1-15 pages free meant the membership was free. I am still a little bit skeptical about getting free ink for life if you only print 1-15 pages a month. I will come back and edit this if a "but" come up.

I just installed this and am giving it a provisional five stars because of the ease of installation, the quality of the prints and the $69 price. I might revisit this review if problems crop up later. But set up was incredibly easy and I was printing wirelessly from my iMac and iPhone within an hour. If fact, if I hadn't walked away while the drivers were downloading, it could have gone quicker.

This installation was done on a late 2009 iMac running High Sierra. Basically, you just plug in the printer and turn it on. Remove the tape on the paper tray and a small piece of protective cardboard from inside the printer. Then go to HP's install site at 123.hp.com. (You can also do part of this directly from the printer if you want, but I think it's easier on the computer).

The install program will prompt you on how to properly install the ink and paper. There are helpful videos. The only thing that tripped me up was when it came time to generate a test print for the scanner. The install prompt said to click "ok" on the printer's tiny touch screen. But all I could see on the screen were prompts for my country and language. But, even though you will have already answered those on the website, answer them again on your printer's touch screen, and then you'll get to the "ok" prompt.

Once you're done, you still will have to tell your iMac - and I assume PC - that you have a new printer. That was easy. The iMac saw it and I just made it the new default printer.

On my iPhone I downloaded the HP Smart app from the Apple App Store. It was easy to print photos from my library. I did get a little confused when I was setting up to print email. It said it would send me a pin to complete the process and never did. Yet, when I checked my iPhone it saw the printer and printed out an email. Go figure. Maybe these instructions were for an older model.

Two other things: You will come to one of those privacy agreements at the end of the set up. Make sure you read them. I opted out of letting them monitor my printer or sending me updates. Also, I did not sign up for HP's instant ink program. It didn't look like it would save me that much money, given both the privacy and flexibility I'd be giving up. The cheapest plan is $3 a month -- $36 a year -- and allows you 100 pages a month. My printing needs are light, but there are times I might go over 100 a month. And replacement cartridges are $27 on Amazon. It just didn't make budget sense and it's allowing a backdoor into some of your most private documents. HP might not care, but a hacker might.

Hope this helps!

Setup wasn't too bad. Wasn't aware I needed to install desktop software until I attempted to scan. Fast printing and fast interface.

Only issue I've had thus far is with multi-page scans. The interface asks if you want to scan another doc, but if you're not paying attention, it times out and you'll need to start the multi-page scan over again. Not sure why they have a time-out feature. I guess they assume the majority of scans will be a single page and those users would be frustrated by having to answer Y/N each time. Statistically, I think multi-page scans are the norm. Why not give us a setup option for the timeout?

Installed my printer today and I am surprised at the speed and clarity, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gone several years without a printer because I do so little printing and dealing with the ink replacement/cartridge disposal was such a hassle. But it's been a real hindrance without one lately so I finally broke down and shopped for one. Wireless and affordable - I love that you can print from your phone and they have that amazing ink replacement plan that starts with a free plan that is very reasonable, especially for people who don't print a lot. Set up is a breeze, it's quiet and prints great. I've not printed anything with color yet, but I don't anticipate having any issues.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • BRAND NEW ALL IN ONE WIRELESS PRINTER UPGRADE FOR 2018 - Replaces the HP ENVY 4520. Now with Bluetooth, Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds & more!
  • STEP UP AND CREATE PROJECTS AT HOME - Print, scan, and copy borderless, high-quality photos and documents with crisp, sharp text using this versatile all-in-one printer
  • OUR MOST POWERFUL PRINTING APP EVER - The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
  • STAY CONNECTED, NO MATTER WHAT - Whether connecting to your network or your mobile device, reliable Dual Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart deliver a stable connection for steady performance
  • Choose an ink replenishment service - Save up to 50% with HP Instant Ink or Save 10% on all reorders with Amazon Dash Replenishment. With Dash Replenishment, your printer detects when you are low and places a smart reorder. No subscription fees.
  • AN ALL-IN-ONE THAT SAVES YOU TIME AND MONEY - Use up to 50% less paper with automatic two-sided printing, and breeze through scan and copy tasks from the 2.2" mono touchscreen
  • WIDE RANGE OF PAPER SIZE SUPPORT - This all-in-one printer works with letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, and No. 10 envelopes. Dimensions Maximum( W x D x H)-17.53 x 22.22 x 5.04 inches
  • ONE-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY - 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support

Description

Discover where your imagination can take you with a wireless HP envy 5055 all-in-one designed to help your whole family be creative and stay productive. Easily print borderless, high-quality photos and crisp text at home or one the go from all your family's devices-smartphones, tablets, internet-connected pcs, and more. The HP smart app lets you easily set up your photo printer, scan documents on the go with your smartphone camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google drive, and dropbox.



Ive always purchased canon more expensive printers. My last two Canon's broke down before a year so I decided to purchase this HP Envy 5055 as a back up. It is so easy to use and fast. I'm leaving my replacement Canon Pixma in the box this printer works really well and is super easy to use. Scanning was always difficult with the Canon, the Envy makes it so user friendly and the ink isn't $50....... It also looks really nice and compact. The only disappointment is when I printed photos on photo paper the quality was awful.

I am so excited to share my experience with this product. I rarely write reviews but after finishing set up of this printer in less than 1/2 hour, and then using it, I am compelled to share. The printer that this HP 5055 is replacing is a Canon Pixma MX922 that we have had for 4 years. For 4 years, that printer has been a problem: not remaining connected to our very stable wifi connection, paper jams, error codes, very slow and noisy. After setting up the HP 5055, I now realize that we should have replaced the Canon long ago, just hadn't because the Canon still technically "works".

After reading reviews I set up the HP with my Android phone (go to google play-download HPsmart app) , unpackaged and plugged in the printer, opened the app on my phone (it automatically found the printer!), followed the instructions in the app, and it was good to go! Printed my first documents a half hour after unboxing! No set-up snags! Not one! I am beyond thrilled!

A few suggestions: 1. Know your wifi password, you will need that. 2. Follow the instructions on your phone's app and on the printer's screen exactly, do not try to skip steps. 3. Sign up for the free instant ink, you can always cancel it for free within 2 months. Don't try to bypass the instant ink sign up because, per other reviewers, trying to bypass that step caused set-up troubles. 3. You will need a few sheets of clean printer paper to run the alignment test and scan it (platen to right front corner-this will make sense when you go scan the alignment page). 4. During set up, the app on your pone will offer short videos of how to insert ink cartridges and complete alignment and other processes. Press play and watch these if you are unsure of process. 5. You can add tablets, laptops and/or desktop computers any time after set-up with your phone (iPhone or Android), just follow the instructions.

I am a not-so-tech-savvy 49 year old and it was easy for me. Just follow directions slowly and carefully and don't bypass steps. After set up on the phone, I opened my Chromebook, downloaded the app from PLAY STORE (not google play), opened the app, and voila the app found the printer and it was ready to print from! Then, I followed a similar process but with my iMac, and that works too! Then the Samsung tablet-yes! Seamless wifi connecting! The only wire needed is the one that plugs the printer into the wall outlet. I nearly giggled with glee. It is not very often that tech products are user friendly as I have found this one to be. I hope you have similar success. One thing to note, when I purchased on Amazon, a photo in the listing stated the printer is bluetooth compatible but I have not found that function. I did want that function, but really do not need it AS LONG AS wifi is working. Also note, you may connect a limit of 5 devices wirelessly. Third note, if you plan to connect the printer WIRED to your desktop computer, there are no ethernet or other cables in the box. You would need to purchase those separately. Have yet to see how much ink will cost us, but we really do not print much so hopefully ink will not break the bank. Best of luck to you with this product!

So far I love this printer. I was able to install the program in my phone and my laptop. I'm very surprised how easy it was. All you gotta do is download the app and follow the instructions. Pretty easy. I printed few documents in color and only black through my laptop and phone for testing purposes. It works great!!

I bought this to replace my very old Desk jet printer which had stopped working. I'm so happy I decided to stick with HP and go with this wireless all-in-one.

I was a little worried, based on the reviews that I saw, that setup would be a bit complicated or that I would be required to enroll in the Instant Ink program. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find setup very simple (just read the short instruction manual--it's only about two pages, large-printed and with pictures). It was actually simpler than my older printer, which was a USB-connected printer rather than wireless. The entire setup took about 15 minutes, and I was taking my time.

All you need for this is a wi-fi connection (and your password) and the ability to download the app from the HP website. They make it very easy. I've also had zero problems printing double-sided documents, which I've never been able to figure out before!

About Instant Ink:

The option allows you to have ink automatically shipped to you when you're running low, and to pay per-page printed rather than per-ink cartridge. I decided to opt out of this during setup because I print so erratically (sometimes printing a ton and sometimes going months without printing anything at all). I crunched the numbers, and it was less expensive for me, per page, to just buy new cartridges manually when I need to.

They allow you to easily choose this option or go with Instant Ink for just a few dollars a month if that's more your style. You just select a box based on your preferences during setup, and you can then change it at any time. It just depends on how much you print and whether or not you consider it a hassle to have to monitor your ink levels/buy new ink.

Overall, I would recommend this printer wholeheartedly based on my experience.

I am very pleased with this printer! I like the new nstant ink plan as it works great, cheaper for the ink, and you never run out of ink.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site