Friday, May 31, 2019

May 31, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Bose soundlink Mini II Limited Edition Bluetooth Speaker

Bose soundlink Mini II Limited Edition Bluetooth Speaker

I had one of these for a couple years. Some teenager working with a sublet contractor on my jobsite took off with it. I guess he knew the value and quality! Over the last couple of months I tried 3 different "similar looking" speakers as I did not want to spend the money for the Bose. Well, after 2 of them sitting on the shelf in the garage as they are junk... the 3rd one ended up there too as I couldn't hear it over my garden hose while watering my plants. :( So, I came in and ordered another BOSE - and you know what?......... It is worth every penny!!! Just keep an eye on it.

 This little speaker is amazing! Not a rich man but doing well the price was from my “treat “ fund. I first heard Bose speakers at a friends home in the early 70s, looking around trying to figure out where his tunes were coming from when he pointed to two stands with small boxes on them. They were no bigger as I recal then a small cereal box that you cut open and use as a bowl. I think he had a bass or woofer on the floor but the point being it was a tremendous sound!

Jump to February of this year and I purchased this amazing speaker! I have several small blue tooth speakers in the 30 dollar range, but we are comparing watermelons to cherries here.

The video is from a very inexpensive michrophone, 30 dollar range which you will see.
But look at the spectrum analysis of what the mike is inputting to.
Each division represents 250 Hertz (cycles per second for some of us elderly gentlemen! Lol)
So at the left end you see zero to 250 Hertz in the first “square” the next division to the right is 250 to 500 Hertz. Middle C on a piano is around the “A” 440 Hertz so its in this or the next “square”. The “square” or division (sorry for going back and forth between division and square!) at the far right shows the frequencies between 2,250 Hertz and 2,500 Hertz in the over tones. Hope this makes sense. This is a visual representation of the music broken down showing the frequencies coming out of the Bose speaker through a very inexpensive microphone. If you play the video you will hear it as well
Yes I will recommend this speaker to my friends!

I ordered this because my other Boise speaker is well over 5 years old and just a little weary....so i read this product may go off market (why??) And i wanted to have another around. I love this little speaker...i use it all the time in my home and outside in the yard. I wouldnt reccomend it for boats and such as the platform it sits on to recharge could be ruined with dirt, dust and moisture...but you do have the ability to charge directly into the speaker itself, leaving the platform inside the home. It is definitely a great little speaker with a big sound. I get lots of comments on the quality of sound....i gave it a four-star rating only because some design engineers decided on the new model to shorten the power cord! Not sure why, but its a bit of a pain to plug in for me....i have to find the right spot rather than leaving it on a counter top....the old model had a long cord. Other than this its essentially the same great speaker. Id reccomend this product

The sound is exactly what you would expect from Bose, no surprise there. This speaker is also a tank so don’t worry about accidental drops and falls with it because it’ll just shrug them off, no problem.

On the flip side, the software inside is pretty finicky. The biggest Bluetooth problems usually occur within the first couple minutes of pairing. I’ve noticed that if my phone isn’t already playing music, pairing is not automatic. Also, it loves to pick up any device that has been connected in the past. For example, I usually play music from my iPhone, but it will frequently connect to my laptop (which is closed and shut down) while I’m streaming from my phone. Another problem is using the device until the battery dies. I frequently run it from 100% to dead. But once it dies and I plug it in to charge, it will not turn on Bluetooth until it is fully charged. So you need to be aware of battery life. Better to go 10 minutes without music while looking for the charger, versus playing it till dead and having to wait until it is fully charged again.

great big sound out of a small box, Bose quality as usual


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Voice prompts for easy Bluetooth pairing
  • Up to 10-hour battery life per charge
  • Built-in speakerphone

Description

Description Not all wireless speakers are created equal. Bose has combined the power of custom-engineered drivers with the sleekness of anodized aluminum—to create a durable speaker that looks just as good as it sounds. The SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth® speaker II may look small, but it plays large. It delivers dramatically big sound and deep bass. The compact and portable size makes it easy to enjoy Bose sound at home, in the office or wherever you go. There’s even a built-in speakerphone so you can take calls from friends and access your phone’s Siri or your Google Assistant. And it works with Amazon Echo Dot for hands-free voice control. Voice prompts make Bluetooth pairing simple. Up to 10 hours of listening per battery charge lets you keep your playlists playing. The SoundLink® Mini II comes with a charging cradle so it’s always ready to grab and go. Plus, an auxiliary input allows you to connect to other audio sources. Charges easily via Micro-B USB port. Specifications Big sound and deep lows Wireless Sleek yet durable design Up to 10-hour battery life per charge Voice prompts for easy Bluetooth® pairing Dot Built-in speakerphone Charging cradle Auxiliary input USB charging Assembled Country China Component Country Imported



This speaker really sounds great considering it’s size. Very Happy with the sound quality

Best portable Bluetooth speaker on the market. Also have UE Mega Boom for outdoors but the Bose is far superior.

This is my second Bose soundlink - it has amazing sound, is super easy to move around or take with. Love it!!!! This one was delivered on time and has a nice new look in black!

Amazing sound quality. Bluetooth feature is easy to set up and pair. Very handy for parties or just relaxing. Would definitely recommend. BOSE speakers are outstanding.

Having owned Bose products all my life, that bar has been set, and it's hard to accept anything less than that level of quality. That being said, here comes the good and not so good with this particular product.
When I received this amazing little marvel yesterday, I immediately got her synced to the Note 8 (yeah...I'm a year behind) and proceeded to cook the evening meal (in the kitchen) jamming to Amazon music. (kitchen is the key word here).
The sound quality, depth, and clarity is simply amazing. I was blown away that, that rich of a sound was coming from this little speaker (in my kitchen). However, it was not my intended use for this item to be used in the kitchen. The intended use was to be in the shop I work in. Took this into work today, fully charged. (Supposedly, fully charged is good for 10 hours). After about 1 hour of trying to hear what was being played, at full volume, I swapped back over to the old Lax-Max speaker...which I have to turn the volume down with. (No, the sound quality is not quite the same...hence the attempt at the Bose purchase). Brought the Bose back home, set back in the kitchen, and when powered up, the cute little voice tells me I have 3 hours of battery life left? But wait, I only used you for an hour?
Bottom line: if you don't intend to use this in a room, in your house, or in a non-background noise area...I would pass on this one. I'm on the fence at this point if I will keep or return.
Sounding kick-ass in my "kitchen" right now though...
Update 1-23-19: The battery seems to be holding a charge just fine, and remains in my possession

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site