Saturday, April 13, 2019

April 13, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

VIVO Universal Adjustable White Ceiling Projector/Projection Mount Extending Arms Mounting Bracket (MOUNT-VP01W)

VIVO Universal Adjustable White Ceiling Projector/Projection Mount Extending Arms Mounting Bracket (MOUNT-VP01W)

Perfectly fit my Epson 2150. I was a little worried because my Epson only has three places for it to mount but I just removed one of the arms and it was just fine. Epson makes their own mount and it's about $150 and this mount works just as well!

I purchased this ceiling mount for my LG pa77u LED projector and after an hour out of the box I was watching movies on the big screen. Simple instructions for installation. They give you drywall screws AND lag screws for going straight into wood. Many ways to adjust the mount for different angles.

I would recommend this product and will update my review if this ceiling mount does not hold up to my projector's needs. (pun intended)

This is a cheap mount that works. I've had this for two years and it's still holding on to my Epson 3500 like a champ.
It came with drywall mounts that I used on my ceiling and it works perfectly.

Unfortunately, it does seem to have a bit of looseness with the vertical angle adjustment. Works fine until you try to point the project straight forward as it will slowly drop down on its own about an inch or so.

I really don't see this being an issue in a larger house as it is very likely that the projector will have to be angled downward anyway. It's not a deal-breaker for me because the angle that it falls to hits my screen perfectly but it may be an issue for those in households with lower ceilings.

Somewhat vague instruction sheet but since there is nothing difficult to figure out with this mount installation was very straightforward and easy once I figured out the best location for my projector. Adjustments are self explanatory when looking at the mount and making it fit your particular projector is not difficult because the legs that are used for attaching the projector can move in any direction and several sizes of screws as well as washers are included in the kit.

Overall the mount looks nice with a white powder coated finish and zinc plated bolts. It would be nice if they included some sort of caps to cover the lag bolts which are used in my installation to secure the mount to the ceiling. In my case I used two lag bolts that screw through the drywall and into the lumber of the truss. I measured, marked and then drilled a pilot hole for each lag bolt and then screwed them in tightly. It is very solid.

Most of the joints on the mount are fitted with nylon washers which allow you to just crack the allen cap screws slightly loose, scoot the mount to make an adjustment and then snug them back down again to hold everything firmly in place. It is simple yet it works surprisingly well.

The mount does hang the projector slightly farther from the ceiling than I would have liked but it looks fine.

I'm using the Benq HT2050 projector which shines 11ft to a Monoprice motorized 120 inch screen it looks really nice and watching movies is awesome.

I wanted a white ceiling mount that was built tough and would fit my new Epson 2040. This projector mount fits the bill. It's build tough and meets what I needed and will definately suffice for supporting a 7 lbs projector. It includes all hardware with a ton of extra bolts and washers which are both plastic and metal. Like the popular Epson 2030, the 2040 & 2045 only use 3 arms and this fits like a glove and should never need adjusted. I couldn't be happier. Thank you VIVO.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • UNIVERSAL MOUNTING fitting the majority of projectors on the market. Distance between mounting holes on back of projector must be 12.5" or less
  • SOLID CONSTRUCTION made entirely of high grade steel, supporting projectors up to 30 lbs
  • FULLY ADJUSTABLE with 15-degree tilt, 15-degree swivel, and 360-degree rotation, hitting all the right viewing angles
  • LOW PROFILE mounting system holding your projector just 6" from the ceiling surface
  • EASY INSTALLATION with quick release hooks that attach and detach by tightening and loosening mounting bolts

Description

MOUNT-VP01W is a brand new, heavy duty, all steel, universal ceiling projector mount. Ideal for any home or office, this high grade steel mount is weight tested at 30lbs and designed with adjustable arms to fit most projector brands with mounting ranges from 2" to 12.5". MOUNT-VP01W sits 6" from flat ceilings making it low profile. Features include 15 degree tilt, 15 degree swivel, and 360 degree rotation to maximize projection angles. Simple tightening of joints makes this as fluid or stationary as desired. This is a quick assembly and comes with common mounting hardware. The projector mount comes in a white finish.

Important Note: As mentioned above the mounting arms for this projector mount have a maximum reach of 12.5". Before purchasing, be sure to find the mounting holes on top of your projector and measure the distance between each one (especially the ones diagonal from one another). If all diagonals measure 12.5" or less then this mount will fit your projector.

Compatibility
Fits most projectors on the market. Distance between mounting holes on back of projector must be 12.5" or less
High-grade steel supports projectors up to 30 lbs

Features
15-degree tilt, 15-degree swivel, and 360-degree rotation, hitting all optimal viewing angles
Obscure mounting system holds your projector just 6" from the ceiling surface
Possesses quick release hooks that detach and attach by loosening and tightening mounting bolts
Quick assembly and comes with common mounting hardware



Bought the mount because it seemed to fit my needs but I didn't know what size mounting screws it came with and took a chance that one would fit my projector. One of the screws fit into the mounting locations on a GooDee Video Projector, but the screws provided were not long enough because the feet of the projector had to come off and that inset the screw holes by about 3/8th of an inch. Quick fix on this projector was to run to the hardware store get the recommended screw size for my projector and increase the length. I wish they would have had the right size screws but the length they needed to be on my projector would have been too long. Otherwise, construction and quality of this very universal and inexpensive projector mount is awesome for the price, not that they could charge even more for it because of the quality and value. Worth it, if the screws don't fit just find some that do, this is a very versatile mount. I think the overall size from screw point to screw point is 12.5" inches so you should take that into account before purchasing. Happy customer.

I had an aging Epson PowerLite 6100 home theater projector that started having auto-iris problems. I decided to replace it instead of getting it repaired. The PowerLite 2040 I replaced it with has a much shorter throw distance and projects upward instead of straight forward.Where I had the 6100 about 14 foot from the screen on a high shelf, the 2040 needed to be 8 foot from the screen and about waist height.

I decided to mount the new projector from a door frame using a ceiling mount, and use the ceiling mount setting on the projector. This flips the image and projects forward and down instead of forward and up. I settled on the VIVO Universal Adjustable White Ceiling Projector / Projection Mount Extending Arms (MOUNT-VP01W). I was concerned that the mount might not work since the PowerLite 2040 has three mounting holes instead of four. I figured I would risk it for $11.99.

I needn't have worried. The VIVO fit the projector easily. My only problem was mounting the base to the door frame. That wood was the toughest, hardest wood you could imagine. I nearly got blisters on my hand tightening the screws. The mounting kit includes various mounting hardware, but no wood screws. I bought them (#12 1 1/2") at the local hardware store for less that a dollar.

The project was simple except for the wood screws, and the result is perfect. The projector is up out of the way, and the image fills the screen.

I purchased this mount to hang an Epson Home Cinema 4000 projector on my basement ceiling and it worked perfectly. Due to the placement of the mounting holes on the Epson 4000, I was only able to use 3 mounting mountings but it is rock solid.
The mount comes with all the necessary mounting screws to attach the mount to the ceiling, including anchors for drywall mounting. Also included are multiple screws of varying diameter for attaching the mount to your projector. Everything you need is included with this projector mount. Once you have attached the mount to your projector, it is very easy to attach it to the base on the ceiling. Simply slide the quick release hooks onto the base and tighten the screws. The Epson 4000 is a very big projector and I was able to attach it to my ceiling using this mount without any additional help.
The mount is also very easy to adjust, you can swivel it up or down, left or right and spin 360 degrees very easily. Overall, I would say that this projector mount is an excellent product and very good if you need a sturdy (30lbs max) easy to install and adjustable low profile mount then this one is pretty good.

Simply put, this is the best ceiling mount money can buy. It is solidly constructed, it uses hard plastic washers and spacers which make everything fit together solidly while also allowing full freedom of movement, and is adjustable in so may ways you really won't believe it. It comes with all of the hardware you could possible need, and is everything you could ever want in a ceiling mount. It is rock solid. It is so good that I'm still giving it 5 stars even though I received a black one instead of the white one, because it is so impressively built and works so well, you won't care what color it is, even if the one you receive is hot pink with purple polka dots. If you have a low to mid level ceiling, get this mount. If you have a high ceiling, get a lower one built so you can use this mount. It is that good.

Great mount for the price. Low profile, easy to assemble and adjust. Comes with all the hardware necessary for mounting to the ceiling and your projector to the mount (unless your particular projector requires some odd screw size/length). 1 star off as it's not the prettiest mount; but it's low cost, functional and very secure. I have no worries about my projector or mount falling. I like that it uses hex bolts for the adjustment points as they are easier to tighten down than regular philips head.

December 30, 2017 Update: still stand by my review. Good mount for the extremely low cost. Just upgraded to an Epson HC4000 projector (also great) from an Optoma GT1080. As the description now states, this mount can only do 12.5" max spread on the mounting holes. The Epson is a little farther. As a work around I used 3 arms as the Epson has a variety of mounting points (1 center and 2 on each side in a triangle shape). Is it slightly less secure? Yes, but I still have no worries of it falling...the triangle mounting pattern also has the slight benefit of being easier to "center" the balance/tilt of the projector on the mount.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site