Sunday, March 31, 2019

March 31, 2019 | Posted in by Daiki | No comments

Seagate Portable 4TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC Laptop and Mac (STGX4000400)

Seagate Portable 4TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC Laptop and Mac (STGX4000400)

Like many PS4 users whenever I got a new game I would have to delete an old one. I bought this hard drive so that I could expand my storage from 500GB to 2.5TB and that problem has gone away!

THE SET UP
The set up was SUPER simple. I plugged in the hard drive with the included cable and my Playstation instantly recognized it. It walked me through the steps to format it and within 5 minutes I was ready to go.

USAGE
Again, this was very simple. I started reinstalling some of my old games and the Playstation knew to put them onto the expanded memory as the system's memory was full. It is easy to move the files around between the PS4 and hard drive if need be.

PLAYING GAMES OFF THE DRIVE
I can tell no noticeable difference when playing the games from the hard drive. There are no noticeable glitches or slowdown in play. All the games work perfectly.

I would definitely recommended this hard drive! Especially for anyone looking to expand their PS4's storage. It's simple to set up and works like a charm! If I encounter any issues I will update my review.

could not pass up - one day sale was 40 bucks off the usual price.

deleted factory partitions and formatted as 1 ext4 partition (about 7-odd TB, as expected) for use with my media server. seems to work decently so far. mfgr warranty is only 1 year for US I believe. Amazon offers 30 day free return if defective.

some specs:

internal HD model: ST8000DM004-2CX188
Seagate 8TB Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch 5400rpm
SMR / Shingled Magnetic Recording (not the best scheme, but not terrible if you're mostly archiving media / playing back, but not deleting stuff all the time)

external model, i.e. this USB3 desktop product as sold by Amazon:
STGY8000400 / 763649127322 / 3660619403899 / 10763649127329
Made in Thailand (or at least the case + assembly is, not positive about the HD itself, but probably that as well)

in addition to the USB3 cable, it came with 6 (yes, six!) country adapters for the (international*) DC brick:
- US/CAN - type A
- UL/JP - type A
- KR - type F
- AU - type I
- UK - type G
- EU - type ?C?

not much else to say, for now. it works, quality seems ok. no firmware updates available/visible on Seagate's site.

* AC/DC brick
input: 100-240V - 50/60Hz, max 7A
output: 12V, 1.5A (i.e. 18W)

An absolute great purchase! Small and fits in my hand and it doesn’t get in the way! I love that I can buy/download as many PS4 games as my heart desires and it’ll be a long while before the space is filled up!

Working great work my XBox One

I needed more storage space as I'm a music producer and was running out of storage space on my older 1tb USB 3.0 external drive.

So far this drive is working great on my mac and windows machines. No issues of any kind. Hopefully it stays that way.

Two points of contention for me are as follows:

1. It is a bit noisy when it's running. I've had other drives that were certainly quieter when in use.

2. The case seems okay but I wish it were more durable.

That being said, for the money, I'd buy it again and I may buy another one to backup my backup because you can't be too careful!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Easily store and access 4TB of content on the go with the Seagate Portable Drive, a USB external hard drive
  • Designed to work with Windows or Mac computers, this external hard drive makes backup a snap-just drag-and-drop!
  • To get set up, connect the portable hard drive to a computer for automatic recognition-no software required
  • This USB drive provides plug-and-play simplicity with the included 18-inch USB 3.0 cable
  • Enjoy long-term peace of mind with the included one-year limited warranty

Description

Simple, compact, and Windows compatible, the Seagate Portable external portable hard drive is perfect for additional on-the-go file backup and access. Setup is simple and straightforward—simply connect a single USB cable and it’s set, no need for an external power supply. It’s automatically recognized by the Windows operating system, meaning it’s ready to use out of the box. Just plug in and take advantage of fast USB 3.0 on-the-go backup;System_requirement:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 operating system. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds or backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speed)



I am again impressed how technology has advanced. My old hard drive is 4 times as big and probably 8 times as heavy with half the storage... Bought for a Mac, works just fine.

Very nice!

And Seagate is one of the top performers, outperforming WD by a long shot. Don't waste your money on WD.

Before you purchase an internal or external hard drive, make sure you buy the best. Google "hard drives with lowest failure rate" and make sure an actual study and its information is provided as proof of which drives have the lowest failure rate.

SSD drives are becoming cheaper, but if they're not written onto for a long period of time, they can lose their data. I'm unsure how common that is, but SSD is nice because there are no mechanical parts for failure and truly shock resistant.

I was surprised that the description says only shipping to domestic US and yet the package comes with almost every variation of a power adapter. (See images). Take note there are two that look like US power, but only one says it's for US/CN. This doesn't come in Seagate branded packaging. Strangely, it comes in that brown worry free packaging box.
Upon connection, you have a total of 7451 Gigs of the drive available to use.

Ok RV'S looking for and external hard drive for their Dish TV Wally (THIS IS IT)!! This external hard drive does work on your Dish Wally. I purchased this drive just for this purpose. Easy to install, once install took Dish 1 minute to activate.

One note on installation, there are 2 USB port on the back of your Wally. One USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0. You must connect to the correct USB port. You must connect to the USB 3.0 port. Unfortunately they are not labeled. The Wally will read the drive on both port and will activate the external drive on both port. But will only record on the USB 3.0 port. So if it doesn't record after activating change to the other USB port on the Wally.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Our Site